All Cars Café The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat about all cars.

Next Car? Ford Focus RS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by northvibe
Oh man you guys lol.

The car is priced fine. I suppose 99% of you have never sat or been in a European focus ever? Yeah, not in the same league as the US spec focus.

The rear diff is the reason more power cannot be put to the rear. One it is near capacity and two it's logic. No one ever said the front couldn't take a lot more one of the rear diff engineers already spoke about this and how ford marketing has twisted and pulled out of context how the power is transfered at the rear.

Mountune already has 2 stages planned for mods. IC, exhaust, tune, wheels, intake, etc it's all in their new promo video.....

I canceled my preorder as they kept having rear diff issues and I don't want to be the first gen Guinea pig. My friend still has one on order so I'll still be able to drive and try it. Still gonna be a **** car!
Don't care to, Lol.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Staged07SS
Don't care to, Lol.
Scared it will change your mind?

Their "bolstered" seats, are actual bucket race seats. The quality of the material, fit n finish and stitching etc. Is above cadillac. It is a serious premium car. I sat in a previous gen focus RS 500 and it was mind blowing how shitty our cars are here. Even this new RS, the US version gets utterly shafted on seat choices .The euro spec RS will have real seats....I assume they will be shipping many of the nice seats to the US
Old 05-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Scared it will change your mind?

Their "bolstered" seats, are actual bucket race seats. The quality of the material, fit n finish and stitching etc. Is above cadillac. It is a serious premium car. I sat in a previous gen focus RS 500 and it was mind blowing how shitty our cars are here. Even this new RS, the US version gets utterly shafted on seat choices .The euro spec RS will have real seats....I assume they will be shipping many of the nice seats to the US
Not at all... The Cobalt will be my last "Tuner" car. Getting over the scene really.

A 38k soup'd up Focus does not interest me either, no matter how good people think the car is.

I dislike Ford as well, haha.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:39 AM

Not at all... The Cobalt will be my last "Tuner" car. Getting over the scene really.

A 38k soup'd up Focus does not interest me either, no matter how good people think the car is.

I dislike Ford as well, haha.
LOL, yeah not everything is for everybody. I'm well over the CSS, only keep it as there isn't anything faster for a good price new. Looking at the goblin kit or an RS, but need to wait to see how it does in the hands of people.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I wouldn't mind a focus rs only problem is as I keep getting older I want a more mature car, I got a 4dr saab yes it's 2.0t but I got it more for having a quick car something I can pass people with ease and comfortable that's about it.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Snail_SS
I wouldn't mind a focus rs only problem is as I keep getting older I want a more mature car, I got a 4dr saab yes it's 2.0t but I got it more for having a quick car something I can pass people with ease and comfortable that's about it.
This is where I'm at to.

I'm tired of little kiddies trying to race me in their beat cars and such.

I'm also over how crappy the tuner crowd has become. Talking smack, puffing their chests with who has the fastest car. Who really gives a crap.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:40 PM

People try and race you guys?! WTF no on tries to race me ever. And mine looks all riced out.

I think it all depends if it is your DD, only car, or for me it is my summer only car that gets light autox and fun. As a secondary car it can stay as a stupid two door. But as a DD only car, I need a 4 door that can haul too. The CTS V wagon would be tities. If I could only have 1 car, I'd go RS so I could have fun in the snow.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

People try and race you guys?! WTF no on tries to race me ever. And mine looks all riced out.

I think it all depends if it is your DD, only car, or for me it is my summer only car that gets light autox and fun. As a secondary car it can stay as a stupid two door. But as a DD only car, I need a 4 door that can haul too. The CTS V wagon would be tities. If I could only have 1 car, I'd go RS so I could have fun in the snow.
Mine is a daily driver April-October.

and yes, I can be minding my own business and have some clown in a family style stock Honda Accord tail gate me, or some little punks in a wrx give me a ricer flyby. My car visually looks stock, and isn't too loud exhaust wise either. If it was a true challenge that would be one thing, but I mostly get haggled by a** clowns. I'm at the point in my life I want a fun car but for it to somewhat blend in and be unnoticed.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:10 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts

and yes, I can be minding my own business and have some clown in a family style stock Honda Accord tail gate me, or some little punks in a wrx give me a ricer flyby. My car visually looks stock, and isn't too loud exhaust wise either. If it was a true challenge that would be one thing, but I mostly get haggled by a** clowns. I'm at the point in my life I want a fun car but for it to somewhat blend in and be unnoticed.
Debadged LDK sedan FTW

Old 05-18-2016, 04:15 PM

The best was when I blew a riced out scion tC with my escape ST surprise B!!!! But never do people try to race my track rice cobalt. WHich isn't that fast as it is a gms1 :/
Old 05-18-2016, 04:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you are not a fan but when I read this I immediately think chevy SS. They are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I definitely see what you are saying. The reaction I get from others while driving my cobalt vs 5th gen camaro is sooo different. I can hardly drive across town without someone trying to flex to my cobalt. Usually a ricer flyby/rev etc from a some other sport compact or the occasional pickup It seriously almost never fails. Sometimes the attention is fun though!
People just tend to leave me alone in the camaro which can be nice for those times you are just not in the mood to be pestered.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

I agree with the chevy ss if I could get my hands in one i would be pretty happy
Old 05-18-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
G8 gxp.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

Or that ^
Old 05-18-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
This is where I'm at to. I'm tired of little kiddies trying to race me in their beat cars and such. I'm also over how crappy the tuner crowd has become. Talking smack, puffing their chests with who has the fastest car. Who really gives a crap.
^ what staged said, but I'm where northvibe is at. I can't find something that gets 30+mpg highway on a 93 tune, or swap to e47 and be able to run 12's from a dig or handles near as well without spending at least 10-15K more on a vehicle. I'm old and live in a small town and have no young crowd to put up with, which helps. I just can't bring myself to get a challenger, mustang or Camaro, vette, or caddy for that matter and throw another 15k down to get it. I know that within a year I will want to mod that one also. After throwing money at mods I will look back and say "wow I should have just kept the cobalt and retired a year earlier".
Old 05-18-2016, 05:47 PM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts

I had this problem with my lsj. No one has tried with my lnf. I get the occasional thumbs up but no one tries to race me. I guess its the difference between the high rise and wingless.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:06 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I'd wait a couple of years and see where ford really wants to take the car but then again I don't like ford in general
Old 05-18-2016, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
^ what staged said, but I'm where northvibe is at. I can't find something that gets 30+mpg highway on a 93 tune, or swap to e47 and be able to run 12's from a dig or handles near as well without spending at least 10-15K more on a vehicle. I'm old and live in a small town and have no young crowd to put up with, which helps. I just can't bring myself to get a challenger, mustang or Camaro, vette, or caddy for that matter and throw another 15k down to get it. I know that within a year I will want to mod that one also. After throwing money at mods I will look back and say "wow I should have just kept the cobalt and retired a year earlier".
Join me

DF Goblin - Low cost, high performance kit car
Old 05-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BlackMagic
Maybe you are not a fan but when I read this I immediately think chevy SS. They are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I definitely see what you are saying. The reaction I get from others while driving my cobalt vs 5th gen camaro is sooo different. I can hardly drive across town without someone trying to flex to my cobalt. Usually a ricer flyby/rev etc from a some other sport compact or the occasional pickup It seriously almost never fails. Sometimes the attention is fun though!
People just tend to leave me alone in the camaro which can be nice for those times you are just not in the mood to be pestered.
Those are very sharp cars!!

Just yesterday, as I was turning into a turn lane, an STI reved at me, I just laughed because it was so redic. Also, might just be me, but I think the boxer engines sound like butthole. Give me a cammed LSJ or LNF exhaust any day over that nonsense.

Originally Posted by double clutch
I had this problem with my lsj. No one has tried with my lnf. I get the occasional thumbs up but no one tries to race me. I guess its the difference between the high rise and wingless.
See I don't think the wing is the whole problem. The cars still have an aggressive look with a lowered stance. Just from the rear view, low rise or high wing, you can still tell it's an SS.

Maybe you will fly under the radar a bit more, but anyone who knows these cars can tell the difference.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:34 AM

Those are very sharp cars!!

Just yesterday, as I was turning into a turn lane, an STI reved at me, I just laughed because it was so redic. Also, might just be me, but I think the boxer engines sound like butthole. Give me a cammed LSJ or LNF exhaust any day over that nonsense.

See I don't think the wing is the whole problem. The cars still have an aggressive look with a lowered stance. Just from the rear view, low rise or high wing, you can still tell it's an SS.

Maybe you will fly under the radar a bit more, but anyone who knows these cars can tell the difference.
Rallyracer has a 2007 w/ low spoiler, but debadged and put the gmpp exhaust on. Mine has the tjin cf trunk, oz black wheels and all badges...given he lives in a bigger city but he gets raced all the damn time. I have to make up races at street lights against prius's and mini vans.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:01 AM

Rallyracer has a 2007 w/ low spoiler, but debadged and put the gmpp exhaust on. Mine has the tjin cf trunk, oz black wheels and all badges...given he lives in a bigger city but he gets raced all the damn time. I have to make up races at street lights against prius's and mini vans.
Where you live is huge. Not only am I debadged, but my area is full of retirees and families. Never get raced, and doubt I would if it were riced out.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by exninja
Where you live is huge. Not only am I debadged, but my area is full of retirees and families. Never get raced, and doubt I would if it were riced out.
Dude...every Buick races

Focus RS's should be arriving tomorrow I think to some. Can't wait to hear and see autox results and track info on them
Old 05-19-2016, 03:03 PM

Dude...every Buick races
There's a Regal GS Turbo in my neighborhood. I want to find him and...chat...about cars and stuff.

BTW, that goblin looks cool. I'm trying to save for an Exocet. Similar concept but with a Miata. I'm hoping to spend ~$10k total to have it running.
The following users liked this post:
northvibe (05-20-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 09:19 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Thanks northvibe, that's makes gives me a reason to build the motor at some point. When the cobalts done, I can yank the motor and put it in this. Awsome!
The following users liked this post:
northvibe (05-20-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one not getting any loving. Had a damn stock irl deny me. Ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Next Car? Ford Focus RS?