Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Best Practices: Interior Leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Practices: Interior Leather

Hey all, I was wondering since I got the two-tone leather seats, I noticed the inserts are, ummm how can i say this, getting bent. As soon as you sit it's perfect, you get up and it looks like it's been streched so much that it bends upwards!! Can I bring this to dealer and get insert replacment and is there any way to protect it?

PS: Sorry if this is a repost, but I only found general care for the leather seats, not for the inserts.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:00 PM

i got the same problem on my ebony/ebony seats
Old 07-18-2006, 03:00 PM

The leather just sucks on our seats. Very low grade
Old 07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
360 L337 User

try being fat. my passanger seat has an ass print just because it is scared of what my ass is doing to the driver seat
Old 07-18-2006, 03:19 PM

My fat ass aside, I don't see these leather seats as lasting very long. I clean and condition mine on a regular basis, don't put too many miles on my car and my driver's seat is still taking a beating.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
try being fat. my passanger seat has an ass print just because it is scared of what my ass is doing to the driver seat
Hey, at least you guys have that problem as opposed to cheap ass light gray cloth with unfortunately-placed stains!

Me: I was on a long trip and spilled some Coke!
Passenger: SURE!
Me: I swear it!
Passenger: Yeah. Hey, have you tried out the new Depends?
Old 07-18-2006, 04:30 PM

I just bought Recaro seats after the fact , because I could not take how aweful my leather was looking after only 2 months . GM really flubbed up on the base seats with the leather quality .

FWIW or for those that want to keep their base seats . www.leatherseats.com makes real leather seat covers(leather/suede ect ect anything u want basically ) in the factory stitch for our cars now . By saying covers I mean you have to totally remove the stock leather covers and install the new ones . Ive dealt with them with my F-bodies in the past .....top quality stuff .
Old 07-18-2006, 06:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by djpatrick35
Hey, at least you guys have that problem as opposed to cheap ass light gray cloth with unfortunately-placed stains!

Me: I was on a long trip and spilled some Coke!
Passenger: SURE!
Me: I swear it!
Passenger: Yeah. Hey, have you tried out the new Depends?
I hear you there. I hate the neutral interior but its the only option on the LS. I would've liked to get an LT but neither of my parents would co-sign for the car so to get it I had to be in the GM Smart beginnings program for young people buying their first new car and was only allowed to spend around 15K and the LT would've been over the limit. My GFs dog decided to climb in my car and tromp around with muddy paws. Cant wait to get some nice seat covers or replacement seats all together. While were on the subject of interiors does anyone know if the door panels are interchangable between the different models? I would like to get some black ones instead.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by biniecki
I hear you there. I hate the neutral interior but its the only option on the LS. I would've liked to get an LT but neither of my parents would co-sign for the car so to get it I had to be in the GM Smart beginnings program for young people buying their first new car and was only allowed to spend around 15K and the LT would've been over the limit. My GFs dog decided to climb in my car and tromp around with muddy paws. Cant wait to get some nice seat covers or replacement seats all together. While were on the subject of interiors does anyone know if the door panels are interchangable between the different models? I would like to get some black ones instead.
Agreed. I really want to swap out most of the interior b/c I'm afraid of spray painting it w/ Krylon Fusion or anything like that.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea i dont trust myself to paint or dye the interior panels. Im afraid ill F it up and it will look worst than before. Check out the cheap factory retail part seller in the general forum. Lots of great prices on almost any stock part you want for the cobalt. I think it was called Fred Bean Parts or something like that. Here is the link:Cheap Factory Direct Parts
Old 07-19-2006, 04:44 PM
iso

my seats look like ass too. but, correct me if i'm wrong, aren't the colored inserts made of vinyl?
Old 07-19-2006, 05:09 PM

The surfaces are a very low grade of leather , including the perforated inserts . The sides and back of the seats and headrests are vinyl .

You can properly dye your interior panels and have it look as good as factory and be very durable . If its done right . Theres quite a few OEM's that use painted interior panels in some places . The spray bomb interior dyes you can buy at the auto parts stores look HORRIBLE and I would stay far away from . At most paint shops you can have interior paint custom mixed by OEM factory interior color codes . The one I go to has a Dupont manual with color chips and codes year by year for all OEM's . GM ebony is in Duponts book . Then you can buy for less than 10 bux this kit , that includes a glass jar and a aerosol sprayer that screws on so you can use your custom mixed paint . Just be sure to use an adheshion promotor and u should be good to go .
Old 07-19-2006, 05:12 PM

i love the leather seats mine have normal leather wear after 9000 miles