Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Bitching and ranting. things many would agree on

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bitching and ranting. things many would agree on

this is a challenge to all the vendors and people who freelance in their own design work. here's the situation. out of all of the aftermarket exterior parts that exsist, there's nothing i would get ! the only thing i would buy for my car right now are halo's, the g5 rksport hood, and um.....thats it. there arent many decent body kits out there but most of them look a like with a little bit of difference in each. am i the only one that sees that or is that just me ? mysteriousgt1 was on the ball and had an excellent idea for a new body kit, but i havent heard from him in awhile so i dont know how that is working out. those of you who saw his body kit would have to say that it was pretty badass. the hoods for our cars are pretty numerous. 2/3rds are carbon fiber but i still wouldnt buy them. a badass functional ram air hood that had slots that made it function like a extractor too would be kickass. i wouldnt buy a spoiler thats out there right now either. seriously, it seems that the streets are plagued with the simple aluminum universal-fit spoilers. im tired of seeing cars like ford focus' and geo metros riding around with that kind of spoiler. yes i have ACTUALLY seen people driving vehicles with that kind of hardware on their fords and geos and i dont know how they can live with themselves . and then i see hondas, toyotas, ect. running around with their funky looking spoilers that look like the drivers ripped the antenna off an alien's space ship and stuck it to their cars. there are more than just those types of spoilers, i know. but, idk, they suck to me.... we've all seen the silver cobalt at the '05 sema show. the spoiler on that car looks alright but if there was a low profile version of it, im sure it would sell great. there are some that im leaving out i know, this is just a statement in general so if you have an anything awesome, im not hating. the cobalt is very different in appearances compared to everything else and it should stay that way, from straight out of the factory to someone's pimped out ride . maybe im tired of seeing the same old same old for the exterior of my car, or maybe im just cranky right now. who the hell knows? im sure im not the only one out there not buying anything because he's waiting for something good to come out though. i dont care if i get flamed for this, im just tired of having to choose between the same old same old...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 AM

Why you gotta make us arkansans look bad.
Hatrickstu and I have been fighting that image for months on here.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM

the way you see fords, geos and hondas with they're ugly wings and what not, is the way i see ANY body kit. There probably isn't enough interest in ricing out cobalts.

also, how do you expect to get a "functional" ram air hood when the car already comes stock with a cai in the fender?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 PM

the only way it is somewhat functional is that it gets the cold air from the fender but its way more constrictive than actual ram air hood. monkeiboy, im afraid u got another competitor in that haha
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

Not to be a kill joy on your little rant, but I must chime in.

What you see on other cars, you might consider "rice", which is your own opinion. No offense, but some of those "ricers" can take you...and make you look stupid. Im sure youve raced alot of them, and you won every single time. I got beat by a nos spraying Altima spec v gtr or whatever the hell. Can I give him **** for it? No. Can I call an unfair race? No....theres no such thing as fair in a "Street Race".

As for body kits, alot of them look pretty good, alot of them dont look as good...all depends on your taste.

The Cobalt has only been out for 3 years, they are still a "new" car to the scene. Now before you start bringing up things like SRT-4's, and 06 Civics instantly getting parts, keep in mind they have been around for many years. SRT-4's are a neon...with a beefed up motor and turbo....alot of already made parts were compatible. Civics have been around for many years as well, which is why with the new design, aftermarket companies knew people were gonna mod them, and once again, compatible parts.

The Body Kits for our cars are rare, because not many people body kit Domestic Cars....so theres really no need for them... And in reference to the body kit the one guy made, if its the same one im thinking, it was simply a rendering...

A Rendering is different than doing....anyone with computer skill can make a rendering, but 99% of those dont know how to make the kit itself. and the outcomes will be different.

In short, give it time. Parts will come. When the cars first came out, nothing was avail, now theres quite a bit avail + more coming all the time.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:13 PM

I'm loving the Granvana kit for the sedan, i think i might actually order it.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Banned

Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 PM

ibtl
Old 03-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by TCarter
Not to be a kill joy on your little rant, but I must chime in.

What you see on other cars, you might consider "rice", which is your own opinion. No offense, but some of those "ricers" can take you...and make you look stupid. Im sure youve raced alot of them, and you won every single time. I got beat by a nos spraying Altima spec v gtr or whatever the hell. Can I give him **** for it? No. Can I call an unfair race? No....theres no such thing as fair in a "Street Race".

As for body kits, alot of them look pretty good, alot of them dont look as good...all depends on your taste.

The Cobalt has only been out for 3 years, they are still a "new" car to the scene. Now before you start bringing up things like SRT-4's, and 06 Civics instantly getting parts, keep in mind they have been around for many years. SRT-4's are a neon...with a beefed up motor and turbo....alot of already made parts were compatible. Civics have been around for many years as well, which is why with the new design, aftermarket companies knew people were gonna mod them, and once again, compatible parts.

The Body Kits for our cars are rare, because not many people body kit Domestic Cars....so theres really no need for them... And in reference to the body kit the one guy made, if its the same one im thinking, it was simply a rendering...

A Rendering is different than doing....anyone with computer skill can make a rendering, but 99% of those dont know how to make the kit itself. and the outcomes will be different.

In short, give it time. Parts will come. When the cars first came out, nothing was avail, now theres quite a bit avail + more coming all the time.

Why don't you get in on this? Corner the market early
Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 PM

i mean at least you have a couple things to choose from, i mean their are cars out there that have absolutely no support
Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 AM

I know that when Im driving around I get looked at and get awesome comment all the time and I am stock. There is no need to make domestice rice. Domestics are known for raw power over looks.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:36 AM

You want lack of ANY kind of support?! Drive an HHR! HAHA!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:08 AM

there is to be no more mention of the RK sport g5 hood,till I get mine.new site rule.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM

yeah, i get looks from people when im in my car all the time. the reason people make aftermarket exterior and performance parts is because they know that people want to be different. i dont want my cobalt to look like yours or anyone elses' but i sure as hell wont put a shitty or plain exterior part on just to make it different either. what i would like is a paintable low profile wing, much like the one that comes stock with the 2.4, but it being longer and more agressive. basically, the sedan spoiler concept that has been floating around on the site except longer and with sharper edges. as for a kit..... one that wouldnt stray too far from the original kit that it came with, but still different. lots of the kits or quite possibly ALL of them dont allow you to use the stock fog lights unless u fabricate a place yourself. to me, its really stupid to buy and pay for a car that came with fog lights that you paid for in the price of the car but then u go out and buy a body kit that doesnt utilize them and u're like, wtf do i do with these now? sell? tcarter, i didnt bring in performance, u did. and g5 mike............... I STILL WANT THAT HOOD!!! haha