Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/)
-   -   dealer rice cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/dealer-rice-cobalt-39076/)

EthensCobalt 11-23-2006 11:27 PM

dealer rice cobalt

looks real good fake quad tho

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...Dealer%20rice/

EthensCobalt 11-23-2006 11:28 PM

let me know if the pics work .....

chevyguy1990 11-23-2006 11:32 PM

just loose the side graphics and it's not too shabby.

an0malous 11-23-2006 11:33 PM

my dealer has one on the lot too....
i think maybe they are being encouraged to rice one up for the sideways hat wearing niche of the market lol

ahh well.....someone will buy it

RollOver360 11-23-2006 11:36 PM

OMG the wheel gap.....

later

joeworkstoohard 11-23-2006 11:37 PM

seen them before, gag

blacksssc05 11-23-2006 11:39 PM

i like the back thats it

G5GT2007 11-23-2006 11:40 PM

thats not rice. that cobalt looks fine. they kept in nice and clean with keeping the little wing on it and a side graphic thats not over done. the cars body kit is nice and they didnt go and stock 4 5inch tips on it they kept them small and they fit the car.

this is what rice is

http://www.paysonarizona.net/Rice/Gl...Ricer_Rear.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...2/UGLYRICE.jpg

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6316/108ce8.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3...xur25lofr5.jpg

dawhit99 11-23-2006 11:45 PM

It needs bigger rims. Maybe wouldn't look half bad without those side graphics too.

shortyhend2004 11-23-2006 11:58 PM

I dont think i have Dealer Rice.......http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...4/P1000044.jpg

Scythe_Snake 11-24-2006 12:12 AM

There is NOTHING rice about that cobalt. It just has the Razzi body kit on it, and a graphic. I don't like it, but there is nothing rice about it. Look up a thread called "The tuner generation"

Red06LS 11-24-2006 12:20 AM

bigger rims w/lowering springs and - the graphic and that would be pimp.

halfj99 11-24-2006 12:22 AM

nothign new about dealer installed razi kits, they did it with cavaliers for quite some time

moebius 11-24-2006 12:29 AM

I've seen the exact same type of car in Fort St John, BC about 2 months ago.

stlurbanpunk 11-24-2006 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by shortyhend2004
I dont think i have Dealer Rice.......http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...4/P1000044.jpg

damn that kit makes that car look as long as a caddy! looks nice though...

joeworkstoohard 11-24-2006 01:08 AM

i just don't care for the extended nose. if it had the factory SS bumper, it would look okay.

senior_brown 11-24-2006 01:21 AM

i like the dual tips in the lip, everything else i dont care for, the rims gotta go ass well as the decals

hatrickstu 11-24-2006 01:22 AM

i would put money on 75% of the highschool girls going to the chevy dealer with their dad to buy an economy car would immediately pick that one out, that car is not aimed at the true tuner

martinsmu 11-24-2006 01:50 AM

I actaully think they made a plain yeloow balt look good?? i mean loose the stripes and add bigger wheels and i like it!!

The_Blur 11-24-2006 02:14 AM

I want to see those exact graphics ghosted onto an arrival blue one with maybe granite or grey instead of that purple color. That could be decent. The body kit could be better. I don't like the side skirts at all. They should have gone with the GMPP kit for the back end because only one of those exhaust pipes is actually functional. The spoiler needs to go. I just don't like the stock one that much. If the dealership cared, they should have put in more effort to get respect for the car, but instead they did a half-assed job.

I think being half-assed is the difference between ricer and tuner. A tuner knows how to improve a car while a ricer does the bare minimum. A tuner gets a catback exhaust from a reputable company; a ricer gets a 4in muffler from some cheap discount shop. There's a big difference between ricers and tuners.

CobaltSS132 11-24-2006 02:19 AM

Its not that ricey. But god damn i hate that front bumper it looks liek the car has 2 seperate bumpers on it it fucking terrible:thumbsdow :nono: imo. Damn u RAZZI for making that front bumper there rear lip is nice though :thumb:

sethallen 11-24-2006 02:43 AM

rice = fake exhaust tips not connected to a muffler!!!

rice = dual exhaust on a 4 cyl!

Pyros777 11-24-2006 02:52 AM

Seriously, can we get a filter going for the word "rice" on the forum please? I'm getting sick of hearing it.

cavy-to-SS 11-24-2006 02:58 AM

what kind of exhaust setup do they have on that thing

nomoreavril 11-24-2006 05:11 AM

mine came like that, with better looking flames that matched the rims. it didnt come with lame chrome ones, it has some nice gunmetal 17's with the chrome lip. i took the flames off though.

JimmiLS05 11-24-2006 06:21 AM

If you're trying to offend a handful of the members here you're doing a good job at it. That isn't the first car it's been done to and it won't be the last I'm sure. So try and get used to it.... :cssNET:

Jackalope 11-24-2006 08:21 AM

Its not bad at all once you loose the stickers down the sides. And if 4 cylinders with duels are rice then I guess GM has rice straight from the factory. Remember the Sunfire GT? It had duels right off the assembly line. Just make em real by running another tail pipe is all.

budz1065 11-24-2006 10:54 AM

Although I would NEVER drive something like that, it would be cool minus the flame decal. The term rice is so over-rated and misused. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. That is my point. I guess I am old skool but rice, or rice burner used to mean "Japanese Import" and it referred to cars and bikes. Gm is obviously trying to appeal to the younger generation with this car. Not all of them care how fast it goes and that body kit may appeal to them. It's not like they are trying to clone it into a SS.

D4u2s0t 11-24-2006 11:05 AM

why's everyone getting all worked up?? it's just the damn razzi lip kit with a cheesy decal... take off the decal, and it's not that bad...

rick1217 11-24-2006 11:36 AM

The term "rice" is overused.....I dont think there is anything rice about that cobalt.... I would never buy one cause I dont like the way it looks and i care more about go than show...and what is wrong with dual mufflers?? It is mostly for looks, there is nothing ricey about it..... I perfer single exhuast and tip for inline motors but v-type motors, I perfer duals, but there is nothing wrong with dual mufflers. It is not going to effect backpressure because it is NOT dual exhaust. It still has ONE pipe going to the back, not two, then goes through a y pipe to the mufflers. But you guys do need to watch how big of piping you go with because it can effect perfomance if there isnt enough backpressure. Bigger pipe will also take away low end torque and power but 2.5" pipe with one muffler and 2.5" pipe with 2 mufflers aint going to make a differance.

martinsmu 11-24-2006 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Its not bad at all once you loose the stickers down the sides. And if 4 cylinders with duels are rice then I guess GM has rice straight from the factory. Remember the Sunfire GT? It had duels right off the assembly line. Just make em real by running another tail pipe is all.

AGREED... I mena seriously, if this car doesnt appeal to the youth market, they'll kill the supercharge and stuff like that. Its all taste. I mean yes the decals suck, but take that off and all of a sudden a base balt looks jsut as good as my SS/SC. Not everyone cares or has $$$ for more than a base balt!! comme on guys, suport ure fellow base balt moddifiers.

COLDCOBALT 11-24-2006 01:58 PM

Just needs to lose the flames imo.

NJHK 11-24-2006 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
There is NOTHING rice about that cobalt. It just has the Razzi body kit on it, and a graphic. I don't like it, but there is nothing rice about it. Look up a thread called "The tuner generation"

Exactly. Thanks for pointing out my thread.

But this is once again proving my point. Something that looks different and it's not even owned by anyone and its "rice". When I was going to open up the pictures, I was expecting it to say Z24 or something on it (some type of misbadging) but its an LS Sport with a Razzi Kit on it and a graphic...

I think I am officially "Anti Anti-Rice"

NJHK 11-24-2006 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pyros777
Seriously, can we get a filter going for the word "rice" on the forum please? I'm getting sick of hearing it.

Seriously...like alot of people on here have room to talk. You'd think this was a Ferrari Forum or something.

NJHK 11-24-2006 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope

Yup, my 2003 Sunfire had dual outlet stock as well ;)

Scythe_Snake 11-24-2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Exactly. Thanks for pointing out my thread.

But this is once again proving my point. Something that looks different and it's not even owned by anyone and its "rice". When I was going to open up the pictures, I was expecting it to say Z24 or something on it (some type of misbadging) but its an LS Sport with a Razzi Kit on it and a graphic...

I think I am officially "Anti Anti-Rice"

No problem, I just think all this 'rice' termanology needs to stop. I feel you're right NJHK. You should make a Anti-ANti-Rice club or something, lol.

I expected what you did, but with a body kit on it...I didn't think it was rice. I just don't like the kit.

Originally Posted by NJHK
Seriously...like alot of people on here have room to talk. You'd think this was a Ferrari Forum or something.

X2

IonNinja 11-24-2006 07:43 PM

the front end on the razzi kit is so damn ugly

it would be a pretty nice kit if it wasn't for that...

they should maybe contact RK Sport about designing a front lip for the car...

EthensCobalt 11-24-2006 11:37 PM

ok sorry didnt mean to offend anyone i meant the dealer rice as the quad exhaust which has one side connected to the frame lol ..............
by the way the is an orange one with crome 18s and no side graphics wayy better lookin i dont have pics of that ... did anyone notic the SS trail blazer ?

blacksssc05 11-24-2006 11:41 PM

ehh who cares about rice its way over used...it should be called stupid assholes who think their cars are fast when they are really not and asshole who spend money on stupid shit..but not rice haha

NJHK 11-25-2006 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by blacksssc05
ehh who cares about rice its way over used...it should be called stupid assholes who think their cars are fast when they are really not and asshole who spend money on stupid shit..but not rice haha

What you said doesn't make it any better or right. What you call spending money on is stupid, to others it might not be. If someone chooses to buy this car cause it looks nice, whats wrong with that? I know alot of people who like Porsches who know squat about Porsches but like the way they look. Does that make them "rice" or in your words a stupid asshole?

Honestly, why do people care so much about what other people have on their car? Whats the fascination about it? I've yet to hear a logical explination that didn't sound childish or just incredibley mean.