Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/)
-   -   LED Fog Lights (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/led-fog-lights-72825/)

stealthy1ss 08-22-2007 06:31 PM

LED Fog Lights

So I did a little searching on the internet and found these led fog lights. I have HID's and need something to match. Has anyone had any experience with these or something like these and what does everyone think?

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=69935.0

REIGN SS 08-22-2007 06:34 PM

interesting, i wonder how bright they actually are

SilverLSJ 08-22-2007 06:34 PM

they're a sweet looking upgrade, but that thread is originally from february, have you talked to them?? do they still have them? ill gladly be a test subject to see if they're any decent

REIGN SS 08-22-2007 06:37 PM

you might PM mkulrey13 & see if he can get ahold of some for a good price...

Omega_5 08-22-2007 06:41 PM

Ummm... No!
LED's are good for bight accute angle light, or dimmer more dispersed light. Signal lights, park lights and taillights are great to convert to LED, but not driving lights.
LED's have a projection problem over a large angle. Being that driving lights have to light up a large area, you can easily see the problem.

A great example is this -> would any of you guys with projectors rely on the LED's to light up the road for you? I thought not.

laserblue2006 08-22-2007 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Omega_5 (Post 1362388)
Ummm... No!
LED's are good for bight accute angle light, or dimmer more dispersed light. Signal lights, park lights and taillights are great to convert to LED, but not driving lights.
LED's have a projection problem over a large angle. Being that driving lights have to light up a large area, you can easily see the problem.

A great example is this -> would any of you guys with projectors rely on the LED's to light up the road for you? I thought not.

well it depends on what you use your fogs for....if you just use them as show lights then you could get these to color match your HID's.....But if you are gonna actually use your fogs for driving in fog and mist then i wouldnt get these....

en0onmai 08-22-2007 07:27 PM

^--exactly. I tried the LED H3 replacements in a set of fogs with no luck, LEDs are crap for light output on fogs but if all u want is color match.. get them.

Jackalope 08-22-2007 07:42 PM

IDK guys have you seen the new LED flashlights? They're bright as shit! These may just work.

ReggaeRampage 08-22-2007 07:45 PM

I'd definitely like to see how these look in person.

SC cobaltss15 08-22-2007 07:52 PM

ummm i definitly agree with jackalope here.. i bet you buck that they are worth it and bright as fuck...does anyone have a price or anything?

actually guys if u read that link the guy says i would not rrecommend them for driving lights as you will not get enough light out of them...

stealthy1ss 08-22-2007 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by SilverLSJ (Post 1362363)
they're a sweet looking upgrade, but that thread is originally from february, have you talked to them?? do they still have them? ill gladly be a test subject to see if they're any decent

If you go to the last page someone asked if they were still available a couple days ago and the company said yes. That would be sweet if you were the test subject!

Originally Posted by Omega_5 (Post 1362388)
Ummm... No!

I am only using them to help color match my HID's so they are going to be strickly for looks purposes only.

laserblue2006 08-22-2007 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by stealthy1ss (Post 1362726)
I am only using them to help color match my HID's so they are going to be strickly for looks purposes only.

well then these should be perfect for you....and as long as they are for the right bulb size i dont see why they wouldnt work....get 'em and let us know how they turn out....

Renesis 08-22-2007 10:57 PM

why don't you just get regular aftermarket halogens?

I have 7500k nokya artic white and they have that HID blue tint to them!

SilverSS/SC 08-22-2007 11:23 PM

Pretty cool idea . They definately have light cast evenly to reflect off the housing to cast light to the ground . I could see them working much better in a projector style fog over the traditional reflector the Mazda 3 uses . I see they used a "ultralux" LED on the amber version . If they used a ultralux as the top bulb and the surface mounts around the perimeter , I bet it would be as bright on the ground or brighter than our stock halogen in the projector fog light housing . That ultralux led bulb has a 130* viewing angle and is as bright as incandesnt . 1 of those could evenly light an entire taillamp housing if positioned and diffused properly .