Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

need help with HID

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with HID

i just got my HID kit i orderd from blinglights.com. i got the 6000k set with the high/low feature i was very excited when it came untill i read the instructions they couldnt of been less helpfull i assumed i would figure it out when i look at the head light assembly i was wrong theres a couple of green wires and some black split wires that i have no idea what there for so if anyone can help me out i would greatly appritiate it.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:26 PM

I got the Blinglights.com HID's too... The directions were USELESS... I can help you out a bit though... The green wires are extra wires if you want to ground the HID's to something other than the factory headlight harness (good idea to use if you notice that your radio stations dont come in good anymore)... As for the black wires THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT... You need to use those to connect the wires of ballast into the middle slot in the factory light harness (There will be two wires in the same middle hole when the install is complete) If you dont do that your lights wont come on when you unlock the car at night and also if you dont do that the HID's will turn on with your HIGH BEAMS and the HALOGENS will turn on with your factory lights... It was a pain and the ass to figure this out and took me a while, but the results are awesome! I hope that this helps you out and if you have any other questions just send me a PM and Ill be more than happy to help in anyway possible... Im on vacation otherwise Id show you with some pics... Good luck man and no matter HOW LONG IT TAKES its WELL WORTH IT!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:00 PM

wow...xenonking actually included a harness connector with the purchase of the kit....how much did this kit run you guys?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:55 AM

I paid $285 shipped off Ebay and it came with decent instructions. The kit was made by McCullough and I think I bought it from HIDkits.com or some guy that deals with only HID lights.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 AM

What is this "Harness Connector" you guys speak of? It sounds like its something I should get /have for my HID's...
Old 12-29-2005, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 06CobaltSSSedan
I got the Blinglights.com HID's too... The directions were USELESS... I can help you out a bit though... The green wires are extra wires if you want to ground the HID's to something other than the factory headlight harness (good idea to use if you notice that your radio stations dont come in good anymore)... As for the black wires THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT... You need to use those to connect the wires of ballast into the middle slot in the factory light harness (There will be two wires in the same middle hole when the install is complete) If you dont do that your lights wont come on when you unlock the car at night and also if you dont do that the HID's will turn on with your HIGH BEAMS and the HALOGENS will turn on with your factory lights... It was a pain and the ass to figure this out and took me a while, but the results are awesome! I hope that this helps you out and if you have any other questions just send me a PM and Ill be more than happy to help in anyway possible... Im on vacation otherwise Id show you with some pics... Good luck man and no matter HOW LONG IT TAKES its WELL WORTH IT!
thanks you this help a lot