Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

New Door Handle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Door Handle?

Had a road rager rip off my car door handle today. Does anyone have any idea as to how much it would cost to replace the door handle on an '05 Pontiac Pursuit, base model?
Old 09-09-2006, 09:05 PM

seriously how low will people go anymore....i swear ...that sucks dude
Old 09-09-2006, 09:43 PM

Someone jus walked up to ur car while u were in it n ripped off your door handle? Or you weren't in it?
Old 09-09-2006, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hell, if he was in it thats where he was safest. i wouldve drove off before the fu*ker got ahold of my door. never ever stop for a road rager even if they follow you, in which case you drive through the hood like you live there.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:35 PM

Bizarre scenario, actually..

I'm driving down the street and this late 80's Accord full of rowdy 20-somethings pulls out in front of me like a bat outta hell, cutting me off and spewing thick grey smoke everywhere. I honk, and of course get the finger out the window. Classy. Anywho, I pull into the mall parking lot and turn around the corner and this car is just sitting there. I pull up behind it, it's apparently not going anywhere, so I go around it and proceed. They follow me. I drive around for a bit, they continue to follow me, tailgating me. I stop r

ight in front of the grocery store (at 2:00pm, mind you), they rip passed me, pull their e-brake, turning their car sideways and block me from proceeding forward. Three very large pinheads get out of this car and start running towards me. I think, "Uh oh.", throw my car into reverse, check to see that there's no one behind me and floor it. Just then, a woman pulls out from behind the building and I cream the front of her car. These teenagers come up to my car and start screaming, "GET THE F*** OUT OF THE CAR, YOU F***ING C*NT!!!" .. I casually lock my door and tell them to F*** off. One of the guys RIPS my door handle OFF of my car, and then they retreat back to their car, get in and take off.

Bizarre, bizarre, bizarre. I always knew it would only be a matter of time before I was in a car accident involving another car; I just didn't know I'd have a story like that to tell about it.

Fortunately, since this was 2:00 in the afternoon in front of a grocery store, there were plenty of witnesses who were able to get the bastard's license plate number. I felt like such a douche for backing into the woman behind me, though. Geez. My car, apart from missing a driver's side door handle (convenient, btw..) has a scraped bumper that now no longer aligned properly on the car.

I'll have to call the insurance co. to figure out wtf the deal is going to be, due to the bizarre, multi-party nature of the incident.

However, the problem is now that I'm stuck for a new door handle. I went and talked to the cops about it and they said I have two options;

1) Do nothing.

2) Press charges and take them to court, in which case they would then know who I am. Given that these people are clearly fk'n PSYCHOTIC, that's not something I want.

The cop was like, "Well, bear in mind that they may know who you are, but we would then know who they are." ... Yeah, I'm sure the cops knowing who they are would be real helpful during an altercation. We all know how quick they are to arrive to incidences like that.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 PM

wow that is some crazy ****!!!...
Old 09-09-2006, 11:43 PM

Here's some pics of the damage: http://www.dbxlabs.com/cardamage/

This has me seriously wondering about personal protection. I'm a very docile, non-violent person, but I'm tired of being the victim of douchebags who have FAR too much time on their hands.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:47 PM

My GF always wonders why I never honk at people that drive recklessly and this is exactly why. You survived the reckless driving why bring attention to yourself? scary stuff dude. I would file charges against them and find some way for the courts to hold your information from the criminals.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
hell, if he was in it thats where he was safest. i wouldve drove off before the fu*ker got ahold of my door. never ever stop for a road rager even if they follow you, in which case you drive through the hood like you live there.
I would let those bitches grab ahold of the door handle and take them for a ride, jack the e-brake a few times,a nd if they are still holding on, maybe sideswip a tree or something and get rid of them.

brandon- You should of reved the engine up, dropped the clutch and watched those gang bangers get out of the way. o yea and as far as getting them back.... can u say vigilanty justice.... maybe superglue there locks on there car... sugar in the gas tank.... cutting the needle valves off there tires.....shoving a potato so far up there tailpipe no blue smoke will be coming out of it..... or call the cops(anonymous) and say u saw them dealing drugs out of the car and watch them get busted..... just a few ideas

later
Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 PM

wow that sucks i would press charges for your handle and the bumper that ***** f'd up

and dude lose the dealership stick lol

EDIT: rollover has some good ideas there i like the call the cops and report for drug dealing
Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned

Dude that blows. What a bunch of ********. Hope it works out for you
Old 09-09-2006, 11:57 PM

o yea.... p.s. dont come after me if u get arrested for anything that i said. lol

later
Old 09-10-2006, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by RollOver360
I would let those bitches grab ahold of the door handle and take them for a ride, jack the e-brake a few times,a nd if they are still holding on, maybe sideswip a tree or something and get rid of them.

brandon- You should of reved the engine up, dropped the clutch and watched those gang bangers get out of the way. o yea and as far as getting them back.... can u say vigilanty justice.... maybe superglue there locks on there car... sugar in the gas tank.... cutting the needle valves off there tires.....shoving a potato so far up there tailpipe no blue smoke will be coming out of it..... or call the cops(anonymous) and say u saw them dealing drugs out of the car and watch them get busted..... just a few ideas

later
Old 09-10-2006, 12:11 AM

Back up? **** no! You should've slammed that **** in 1st gear right into their shitbox!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:31 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Remember, if you are attacked and there are plenty of witnesses it is called self defence. Get out quickly, that will startle them and then "KILL" the first one. That will likely convince the other bullies you mean business as well as the seriousness of the situation that "they" created. They will more often than not, be very reluctant to continue attacking. Unless someone has a gun and then you revert to plan a and run them down with your car.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:33 AM

Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. *shrug*
Old 09-10-2006, 12:41 AM

See, as soon as I saw they were following, I would have reached behind the seat, retreived the Glock, racked the slide, and got out of the car.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:42 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by tube
See, as soon as I saw they were following, I would have reached behind the seat, retreived the Glock, racked the slide, and got out of the car.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:44 AM

Dude, press charges. No one in their right mind comes after someone after that. And if anything at all happens again, immediately call the cops and these punks go to jail. A lot of people never press charges because they are scared, but then punk ********* get away with stuff and do it again.

By the way, you can order door handles from GM. Either call them or call your dealer. hey, you can even get a set of 4 chrome ones! whoo! (I hate chrome)
Old 09-10-2006, 01:17 AM

Get a restraining order too
Old 09-10-2006, 01:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tube
ever seen this video? its totally worth it to watch all 5 mins
http://www.yikers.com/video_hillbill...d_on_them.html
Old 09-10-2006, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by brandon272
Here's some pics of the damage: http://www.dbxlabs.com/cardamage/

This has me seriously wondering about personal protection. I'm a very docile, non-violent person, but I'm tired of being the victim of douchebags who have FAR too much time on their hands.
Sorry to hear this dude there are always idiots like this out there, because we live in Canada nothing happens to these *********,and of all things it was a g5, Bastards.I work alone at night doing milk deliverys,I always have my retractable baton,and an unspecified friend of the voltage nature, i dont leave the truck without them, because there are to many guys like this out there, and they are not worth my time.The retractable with the right hit can break a thigh bone, so never hit above the leg,good luck
Old 09-10-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
ever seen this video? its totally worth it to watch all 5 mins
http://www.yikers.com/video_hillbill...d_on_them.html

How did they even afford the camera or the truck? Its amazing how people like that dont have anything better to do. I think if i was the guy in the beamer, i would of blew that little pickup truck away.

later
Old 09-10-2006, 05:25 PM
cMw

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
Get a restraining order too
your new sig is sickkk

and btw brandon that definitely sucks about ur car and those ******* skinhead ****** for ruining ur day and getting ur car fucked up
Old 09-10-2006, 05:38 PM

That sucks. I have always feared that something like that would happen to me.

Quick Reply: New Door Handle?