Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Painted Trim couple Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Painted Trim w/ 24K gold SS emblem!

Updated & completed!
Well I finally got rid of that crappy silver trim, even tho I baby my car to hell it was still chipping around the window button. I decided to go black for now & maybe later have my painter checker it.....but i kinda of like it Black.
My ? is should I leave the SS where it was stock or move it to the center of the radio bessel like in the pics, I'm also thinking about taking a supercharged badge & putting it where the SS use to be, What you guys think!

Here are the updated Pics with the SS in the stock position w/24K Red Gold Leaf, Thats were I am going to leave it. It pops very well even tho the shots were taken in the garage.

This shot shows where it use to be, I'm not sure about putting the supercharged badge here or not!

Heres the door handles!

Last edited by BlilBT; 02-21-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: updating
Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good, want to do something with mine.

Were did you get those floormats?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:19 PM

Bill, did you just paint over all the lights in the HVAC panels?
But it does look good!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by TheCaptain
Bill, did you just paint over all the lights in the HVAC panels?
But it does look good!
Yes I did sanded it then painted it, came out smooth as a babies bottom, I am getting Leds before long & have a Idea! I kinda of like it blacked out tho I checked it out tonight & I like the way only the dials light up with the little light in them, plus I'm thinking of having the symbols Airbrushed later Maybe!
What you think about moving the SS & Adding the Supercharged badge where the SS use to be?

Originally Posted by GarratizerSS
looks good, want to do something with mine.

Were did you get those floormats?
GG Bailey.com

Last edited by BlilBT; 02-18-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have moved my badges around but ended up taking them all off and had to repaint. Looks cleaner without anything on it. If anything I would leave the small SS emblem where it was when you got the car. Just my opinion.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06
I have moved my badges around but ended up taking them all off and had to repaint. Looks cleaner without anything on it. If anything I would leave the small SS emblem where it was when you got the car. Just my opinion.
I was thinking of leaving the SS off & putting the Supercharged badge where the SS was stock! I have the 2 off the sides of my car when it got Airbrushed....They look brand new!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BlilBT
I was thinking of leaving the SS off & putting the Supercharged badge where the SS was stock! I have the 2 off the sides of my car when it got Airbrushed....They look brand new!
Probably would look ok. I just favor the clean look better.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 PM

Probably would look ok. I just favor the clean look better.
I know man.. Thats why I didn't put them on yet, I am undecided & don't want to put them on unless I'm sure because I don't want to repaint!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member

I know man.. Thats why I didn't put them on yet, I am undecided & don't want to put them on unless I'm sure because I don't want to repaint!
Just tape it on there and see if you like it before you get the glue out lol.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:15 PM

Just tape it on there and see if you like it before you get the glue out lol.
Yea I have to wait a few days for the paint to cure...I figured I would get some opinions before that time comes. I am also going to be painting the top piece around the shifter the same color to kinda of finish it off!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM

Dang!!! That Looks sick!!!! Nice Job man.. I was thinking about doing that too..
But I ended up painting it red.. got a double din Nav and black hvac controls and came out looking good..

But grat job on that man!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by RauLiTo SS/SC
Dang!!! That Looks sick!!!! Nice Job man.. I was thinking about doing that too..
But I ended up painting it red.. got a double din Nav and black hvac controls and came out looking good..

But grat job on that man!
TY... I was going to color match yellow...but I thought it was to much for what my car looks like! My HVAC controlls are black now all you see is the little light in the Knobs!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:08 AM

Yes, do that. It will look great. Or wait, no, don't do that. I was going to paint mine and do that, and wanted to be the first!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by TheCaptain
Yes, do that. It will look great. Or wait, no, don't do that. I was going to paint mine and do that, and wanted to be the first!
LOl, I can't decide. I'm going to wait till the paint cures & do what black said tape them on & see if I like them. By the way did you get your covers yet!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM

that looks good man. I did mine pretty similar. I personally don't like it when the entire interior is de-badged, it just looks too bland.

I still need to paint my window controls, I may do that now lol. What did you need to do to get those off?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Unforgiv3n
that looks good man. I did mine pretty similar. I personally don't like it when the entire interior is de-badged, it just looks too bland.

I still need to paint my window controls, I may do that now lol. What did you need to do to get those off?
To get the window controls off? 1 Flat Head & a phillips, the controlls snap in from the bottom!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:06 AM

where did you get the shift boot and shift knob? do you have an sts? pm me i want a diff knob on my twm kit
Old 02-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is the SS in the middle, it's just sitting there it's not glued on yet!

This shot shows where it use to be, I'm not sure about putting the supercharged badge here or not!

Heres the door handles!

made 'em bigger.

thanks for hosting them here!

i think i like just one logo where the stock SS was.

Either the "SS" or "supercharged" i think both would look good.

you did a really good job on the window control bezels.

Last edited by ls1fbody; 02-19-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-19-2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ddsscobalt
where did you get the shift boot and shift knob? do you have an sts? pm me i want a diff knob on my twm kit
The boot is the stock1, I took thread & wove it in & out of the cross stitch. The reverse lockout has been modified, I cut the finger grip off....Then used the leather off the stock knob & cover the top & the Knob is a MOMO Airleather! I wrote a how-to on this!

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
made 'em bigger.

thanks for hosting them here!

i think i like just one logo where the stock SS was.

Either the "SS" or "supercharged" i think both would look good.

you did a really good job on the window control bezels.
TY & yea I am going to look at it with the supercharged badge where the SS use to be!
The window controls I painted then sanded .....then clearcoated then sanded & so on, That is base coat black with clearcoat!

Last edited by BlilBT; 02-19-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks great man.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
looks great man.
Thanks, always looking for something to Modify or should I say finish what GM started!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 AM

... By the way did you get your covers yet!
Yes i did. They look great! Just waiting for a bit warmer day to bring the Cobalt out and fit them.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM

Me and you think alot alike, I was just thinking recently about how I need to do something with my trim pieces......for some reason people like to scratch them somehow when riding in my car! Besides the trim paint around the original HVAC panel and stereo controls have wore off some and now you can see black instead of silver.

Looks good man! If you have to have something there (in stock SS location) I would go with a supercharged emblem, preferably custom and not the ones that came with the car. Most everything on your car from a glance SCREAMS "custom" so I don't think the original supercharged emblem would do it justice. Now that I have seen your pics I think it looks nice without the SS on the trim so I'll remove mine and just refinish the trim.

Hey one last ? Do you have the tool from the GM Security bolts for the Stage2? I just need to borrow one and I would at least pay shipping both ways. Not too much of a rush but I've been looking, let me know when you get a chance.....Laterzzzzz
Old 02-20-2009, 11:44 AM

mine just came back out of the paint booth. Just have to wetsand mine and then polish them up .
Old 02-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by CruzinYellow
Me and you think alot alike, I was just thinking recently about how I need to do something with my trim pieces......for some reason people like to scratch them somehow when riding in my car! Besides the trim paint around the original HVAC panel and stereo controls have wore off some and now you can see black instead of silver.

Looks good man! If you have to have something there (in stock SS location) I would go with a supercharged emblem, preferably custom and not the ones that came with the car. Most everything on your car from a glance SCREAMS "custom" so I don't think the original supercharged emblem would do it justice. Now that I have seen your pics I think it looks nice without the SS on the trim so I'll remove mine and just refinish the trim.

Hey one last ? Do you have the tool from the GM Security bolts for the Stage2? I just need to borrow one and I would at least pay shipping both ways. Not too much of a rush but I've been looking, let me know when you get a chance.....Laterzzzzz
Yes i have it, No your can't borrow it!
Thanks alot & I started working a couple different custom badges last Night,,,,hint it envolves Red 24k Gold leaf. Not sure if I'll do it or not, we'll see how it comes out!

Originally Posted by Switt23
mine just came back out of the paint booth. Just have to wetsand mine and then polish them up .
Thats the part I hate, rub a corner wrong & you have to touch it up!

Last edited by BlilBT; 02-20-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Painted Trim couple Questions!