Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

SS body kit on LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kinggeorge
perhaps he bought an ls cuz he couldnt get the financing for hte ss/sc....now that doesnt mean u dotn have money..but just not the greatest credit...and if i was in his postion which iwas once...i would do the same...not everyone has mommy n daddy to back them up on buying a car...get your head out of your ass man...and another thing is perhaps he didnt want the hassles of drivin a forced injection car...yah its stock so not much will go wrong but still...less problems with a n/a engine. again...you need to read outside the box.
Nice first post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM

lets just hope sugardaddy2885 sends me the clips for the sideskirts needed to install it....
Old 09-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just want to chime in and make sure all of you know I was never picking on him or letting him down. I said it as a suggestion. But since he enjoys turning his ls into an ss then I say good for him he found a nice hobby he can enjoy. I don't know why everyone has to be so against it. I have no problem with people turning LS's into SS's. It's still the same exact car without all the ss features so I don't know why everyone gets so **** about it. It's not being a "poser." A poser would be someone putting a ss highrise on a non cobalt. Or if you put turbocharged or supercharged badges on your car when it's neither then yes that's poser. But you can't pose a different trim of the same car. Just think about it. A poser is making something look the same of something else. A cobalt is a cobalt.....trims are just cobalts with different parts. Nuff said. And good for you OP for doing this project of yours, and doing all the work your self. That's deffinitely something to be proud of.

Last edited by chevy cobalt 08; 09-01-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:02 AM

wbrevels...I've got an 08 LS too, you got any links about changing up to power windows from crank?

Originally Posted by Chevy Cobalt 08
Just want to chime in and make sure all of you know I was never picking on him or letting him down. I said it as a suggestion. But since he enjoys turning his ls into an ss then I say good for him he found a nice hobby he can enjoy. I don't know why everyone has to be so against it. I have no problem with people turning LS's into SS's. It's still the same exact car without all the ss features so I don't know why everyone gets so **** about it. It's not being a "poser." A poser would be someone putting a ss highrise on a non cobalt. Or if you put turbocharged or supercharged badges on your car when it's neither then yes that's poser. But you can't pose a different trim of the same car. Just think about it. A poser is making something look the same of something else. A cobalt is a cobalt.....trims are just cobalts with different parts. Nuff said. And good for you OP for doing this project of yours, and doing all the work your self. That's deffinitely something to be proud of.

I agree. A Cobalt LS with an SS look isn't poser, a non-SS Cobalt with SS BADGES and emblems is.

I used to own a BMW 3 series and be part of the forum, and guys who put M kits on their 323/5/8is only got poser points for slapping an M badge on it.

Haha I plan on an SS look too...

Last edited by B0omer19; 09-02-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2008, 11:07 AM

I rater buy SS body kit for my LS then turbo kit, I hate the LS front bumper (looks like **** imo vs SS) after SS kit its turbo time woot .^ . ^

Post pics once you done with everything!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Just remember, a 2.2 turbo'd is faster then a 2.0 turbo'd.

Thats a very general statement, that most will pick apart.

As far as the body kit and cloning the ss/sc/tc as long as you still have the 4 lug nuts, you fool no one that knows :P If you like the look of it, do it. I would have put that coin towards a turbo kit, then when that was done, simply debaged, swapped out tires and rims, and lowered.

In fact I almost want to do the opposite and put a lift kit on my ss/sc as well as the ls trim to fool people into thinking I am a 2.2
Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 AM

i think its a great idea.
i mean i have an ls.
i'm going to put a body kit on mine too, but not the stock ss bumpers.
they are tough, will handle better than any other bumpers you can buy and like he said look sexy.
i'm going to start sc'ing my 2.2 in give or take a month or so, does that mean im an ss/sc copy? no...just means that i was 17 when i bought my 07 cobalt with my own money and couldn't afford a high insurance premium since i was in a car accident due to hydroplaning once. and no i was not speeding. as well as a freshman in college, where 200 was about all i could pay for a monthly payment.
either way, go for it dude. eff what everyone says, its your car and your money.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Haha no badges just let them assume..
Obviously if you was happy with the LS you wouldn't be putting higher trim bumpers on..
in stead of acting like a bag of dicks you can opt to not enter this thread.

i have a 2.2l i had just recently purchased the ss/na front bumper,ss side skirts, and the g5 gt rear lip... i needed to buy the ss/na front bumper do to the size of the intercooler i just bought..

does that make me not happy with my car no.. there are plenty of guys doing different exterior things to there car to change there appearance including the ss guys.. that doesnt make them un happy with there car ..

you dont have to post in here.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS

As far as the body kit and cloning the ss/sc/tc as long as you still have the 4 lug nuts, you fool no one that knows :P If you like the look of it, do it. I would have put that coin towards a turbo kit, then when that was done, simply debaged, swapped out tires and rims, and lowered.

In fact I almost want to do the opposite and put a lift kit on my ss/sc as well as the ls trim to fool people into thinking I am a 2.2
It still looks good:

plus not my fault I got a LS I got it at a used dealership it was only cobalt they had.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:31 PM

you cant base it soley on the lug nuts because there are plenty of rims with center caps which hide the lug nuts for a cleaner look.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by interviewatruins
i think its a great idea.
i mean i have an ls.
i'm going to put a body kit on mine too, but not the stock ss bumpers.
they are tough, will handle better than any other bumpers you can buy and like he said look sexy.
i'm going to start sc'ing my 2.2 in give or take a month or so, does that mean im an ss/sc copy? no...just means that i was 17 when i bought my 07 cobalt with my own money and couldn't afford a high insurance premium since i was in a car accident due to hydroplaning once. and no i was not speeding. as well as a freshman in college, where 200 was about all i could pay for a monthly payment.
either way, go for it dude. eff what everyone says, its your car and your money.
Agreed. I actually just bought my LS as a "college car"...haha, power nothing.

Couldn't afford the SS bc of insurance, I was run off the road in my Bimmer not too long ago

My car was brand new for $10,780, not bad for brand new

Considering that a decently equipped Aveo is about 12k
Old 09-02-2008, 04:03 PM

wow, how did you get it for that price? i bought my car with the GM discount brand new base model for $13800 and that was the lowest they could go. the dealership said they lost money on the sale., do you not have AC or something?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Haha no badges just let them assume..
Obviously if you was happy with the LS you wouldn't be putting higher trim bumpers on..
wow people are still saying this ****? its funny how people who have a ss talk down on the lil guys and act like the spent sooo much more on their car.. its getting old after 4 years of bitchin lol.. perfect disquise.. your a complete asshat
Old 09-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fbaero10
wow people are still saying this ****? its funny how people who have a ss talk down on the lil guys and act like the spent sooo much more on their car.. its getting old after 4 years of bitchin lol.. perfect disquise.. your a complete asshat
qft
i think he is more a bag of dicks ...
Old 09-02-2008, 04:58 PM

I don't think it matters if he wants SS bumpers. It won't technically be an SS, but if he wants to upgrade, let him. It is HIS car right? If he likes it, then so be it. Just like, oh lets say those with the Cobalt Sport.. or SS/NA - I forget what its called these days. Yes you have an "SS" Cobalt, but just because you put the Supercharged badges on it, doesn't make it an SS/SC, its still an SS/NA. He's welcome to put on SS bumpers, even though his car's an LS. Thats the great thing about Cobalts and G5s. There are so many interchangable parts and such. I'd say its out of hand if you buy SS bumpers for your LS along with badges - but he doesn't want to do that. Its all good, but to the OP, don't call your LS an SS now; )
Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM

I recently just finished my full lip kit on my car, and love it was a perfect mod to finish the car's appearance(sp) off.....the kit offers the stance that many ls's want.....i bought my ls because it was what i could afford! I love my car, have loved it from day one!!!!!

I in no shape or form do think that i'm a poser, because if anyone asks me i tell them its an LS.....to a untrained eye a cobalt is a cobalt no matter weather its a ls, lt, ltz ss, ss/sc or a ss/tc, its still a cobalt....

The kid got the kit, that he really wanted, and he is moding his car the way he wants, he pays for it, and he pays the upkeep its his car, let him do what he wants to do to his car.......just like everyone else has done to their car!!!!!

But what is great about the cobalts is that every model the parts are interchangable, another man's trash is another man's treasure, and he helped another member get a part out of the garage/shed....

CC08, do you really think you should be posting in a thread about apperance???? You had an aluminum gas cap sticker on your car.......think about it....no no you should not!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:09 PM

Could not agree better. Its your car then build it the way you want to and dont let anybody tell you otherwise. Welcome to the cobalt family.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 PM

come on guy, just be yourself, dont be like turkey.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:16 PM

So I could put the SS kit on my 09 lt and fool you right cause I have 5 lug nuts on my rims, honestly, i could care less about power. my lt has enough power for me, but I want it to look sharp, and the cleanest kit out there is the ss kit.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 PM

im glad i met all the nice SS owners lol... no one has ever tried to talk down to me like this **** waffle... so im just curious if it makes me a ricer because i want to skip the ss bumpers but want an RK lip kit goin on... but i must me a wanna-be because i bought the high rise? thanks to all you SS NA and SS SC owners keeping it real with us lil guys... that is all
Old 09-03-2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by wbrevels
wow, how did you get it for that price? i bought my car with the GM discount brand new base model for $13800 and that was the lowest they could go. the dealership said they lost money on the sale., do you not have AC or something?
GM had a deal in the last week of April, took a grand off, plus another grand off for my dad's GM discount since he cosigned.

I started at 14,500 for the car, minus 2k for the deals, so that's down to 12,500, and the rest was haggling done by me.

It's a base, no rims, power doors, mirrors or locks.

I do have A/C, haha.

I just made a point of saying that it was a college car being sold to a college kid, and that if he didn't try to bullshit me that he'd end up with a sale.

And yes, they lost a lot of money on my car. Invoice for the Aveo I was looking at was 12,250
Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt2921
I don't think it matters if he wants SS bumpers. It won't technically be an SS, but if he wants to upgrade, let him. It is HIS car right? If he likes it, then so be it. Just like, oh lets say those with the Cobalt Sport.. or SS/NA - I forget what its called these days. Yes you have an "SS" Cobalt, but just because you put the Supercharged badges on it, doesn't make it an SS/SC, its still an SS/NA. He's welcome to put on SS bumpers, even though his car's an LS. Thats the great thing about Cobalts and G5s. There are so many interchangable parts and such. I'd say its out of hand if you buy SS bumpers for your LS along with badges - but he doesn't want to do that. Its all good, but to the OP, don't call your LS an SS now; )
I would keep the LS badge just want it to look more sportier with the SS bumper + side skirts.

VS

looks allot better!

After rims it SS front bumper + side skirts for me
Old 09-03-2008, 08:12 PM

truely does, looks like after shopping around for the best price for a paint job or trying to do-it-myself. the best price I got quoted was $300 prepped, primed, painted from a professional. I was calling aroudn trying to get plastic adhesion, and matched paint and I was quoted around $360 for just the paint and that would be painting out of aerosol cans which can be an iffy outcome. I feel much better having it painted by a professional where I've seen his work and this is what he specializes in. I'm going to do the installation myself to say some money there but paint can be tricky, in my mind, if you're not experienced.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 AM

Yeah, I would leave all the big stuff to professionals, just to eliminate the oh-sh*t factor.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by mikedotrudolph
So I could put the SS kit on my 09 lt and fool you right cause I have 5 lug nuts on my rims, honestly, i could care less about power. my lt has enough power for me, but I want it to look sharp, and the cleanest kit out there is the ss kit.
I was talking about the LS as far as lug nuts. And I agree I love the kit that came on my SC, I can totally understand why you guys would want it too. The sad thing is alot of people out there think they are running an SC.... and for those that do care about power, thats a hoof in the **** when you hear a basiclly stock Si owner explaining how he rolled away from an SC.... knowing that it wasnt an SC but SC clone.

Quick Reply: SS body kit on LS