Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Visors

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visors

Anybody have an idea how difficult it would be to wire-up illuminated visor mirrors? I realize they would have to be the same size/length...
Old 11-17-2005, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSBlondie
Anybody have an idea how difficult it would be to wire-up illuminated visor mirrors? I realize they would have to be the same size/length...

Dont know why GM did not already done that from factory. If there was a way to wire to the stock lights that light up under the mirror it could work. For a clean job it would require removal of the roof padding(pain in the but) to hide wires properly. Then you would still have to find the lights that are gonna work with our visor mirrors. Maybe an Auto detailing shop like the one on bank street beside the GM dealership called "goldwing ....." could maybe fabricate something for you, I know they do custom interior's there.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:29 PM
360 L337 User

why not buy the tv with the mirror and light next to it. for like 200 you get all three and the stereo place will install them around here.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by denny
Dont know why GM did not already done that from factory. If there was a way to wire to the stock lights that light up under the mirror it could work. For a clean job it would require removal of the roof padding(pain in the but) to hide wires properly. Then you would still have to find the lights that are gonna work with our visor mirrors. Maybe an Auto detailing shop like the one on bank street beside the GM dealership called "goldwing ....." could maybe fabricate something for you, I know they do custom interior's there.
Wow. Finally someone! I didn't think it was a stupid question...!
BUT, I don't mean hooking up lights to our existing visors, I meant completely new visors... whaddaya think? (I don't mind ripping up the roof, it would be worth it for ME - you know, gotta make sure that lipstick is on right lol!)
Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by SSBlondie
Wow. Finally someone! I didn't think it was a stupid question...!
BUT, I don't mean hooking up lights to our existing visors, I meant completely new visors... whaddaya think? (I don't mind ripping up the roof, it would be worth it for ME - you know, gotta make sure that lipstick is on right lol!)
Good point, you know the lipstick has to be perfect... not meaning to make fun, but it wasn't really thought of as a female car, you know most chicks would want the visors to have lights on the mirrors.. me i haven't even used my visor let alone the mirrors in the visors (there are mirrors there )... i dunno... prolly go to a custom interior shop and see what they have to say...
Old 11-18-2005, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by undrgrndcobalt
prolly go to a custom interior shop and see what they have to say...
Thanks for your 2 cents - I just may have to do that! Doesn't look like I have any other options.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by undrgrndcobalt
you know most chicks would want the visors to have lights on the mirrors..
LOL, not me. I've never so much as opened the mirror. I didn't even realize it had mirrors up there until after I had the car for a month or so

As far as the visors go, if you really want lighted ones could you pick some up off of another GM car? I don't know which ones have lighted ones and which ones don't - a Malibu maybe? Then all you'd have to do is run the wiring...
Old 11-18-2005, 08:50 PM

Wow I dident even know they did not have lights I learn something about the ss/sc every day here.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Psycho
Wow I dident even know they did not have lights I learn something about the ss/sc every day here.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:13 AM

Ther is only one hot wire going to the mirror so wireing should be easy. Measure how long the visor is and find another GM car that is the same and buy new visors. they should slide off the rod they are mounted on and the new ones should slide right on. You should be able to tuck the wires under the front of the headliner without removing it. I will probably have to do this to mine because my wife thinks she need lighted vanity mirrors too.
Dennis
Old 12-03-2005, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by denniss
Ther is only one hot wire going to the mirror so wireing should be easy. Measure how long the visor is and find another GM car that is the same and buy new visors. they should slide off the rod they are mounted on and the new ones should slide right on. You should be able to tuck the wires under the front of the headliner without removing it. I will probably have to do this to mine because my wife thinks she need lighted vanity mirrors too.
Dennis
Thanks for the info! Let me know if you do it and how it went! I'm going to try that route too