Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think?

As I had said in another thread, I finally painted my brembos yesterday. All together I probably put about 4 coats on. Im just wondering how you guys think the paint will handle winter in New England. Do you think it will hold up against the salt and snow? Also, I always wash my car by hand, but In the winter I have to go to a car wash. Like most car washes, the jets are pretty high powered, do you think the paint on the calipers will be alright against this?

I used plasti-kote caliper paint in case you need to know.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Banned

You didn't have to put up a new thread just for this question since you already asked in your other thread.

It should hold up well the first year. Might start to peel the second year. Did you use clearcoat?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by 80vetteL82
As I had said in another thread, I finally painted my brembos yesterday. All together I probably put about 4 coats on. Im just wondering how you guys think the paint will handle winter in New England. Do you think it will hold up against the salt and snow? Also, I always wash my car by hand, but In the winter I have to go to a car wash. Like most car washes, the jets are pretty high powered, do you think the paint on the calipers will be alright against this?

I used plasti-kote caliper paint in case you need to know.
I don't know anything about this caliper paint, but you should have used G2 or Duplicolor as they are epoxy paints that cure on the calipers. I've had mine on there since last fall, been through a Chicago winter with my car outside on the streets, and it looks like day 1 still...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by hailcesar75
You didn't have to put up a new thread just for this question since you already asked in your other thread.

It should hold up well the first year. Might start to peel the second year. Did you use clearcoat?
No I didnt clear it. I wasnt sure if I should or not.