Autocross and Road Racing Road racing is not “street racing”

Camber bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 03:05 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Camber bolts?

I'm trying to figure out how to implement a bit of camber with my TC struts with YYZ springs. I am doing this in hopes of improving corner grip but more than anything to try and keep from eating up the outside edge of my tires while autocrossing. I have done a bit of research and it appears I can get the desired camber with the installation of camber bolts and it seams people have had luck with them in the past. Here is the specific bolts I am looking at.

Any of you have any experience with these or what are your thoughts?
Old 10-20-2016, 04:32 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Do you have coilovers with adjustable plates? I'd imagine that would be enough. But for these wouldn't these go into the strut where it meets the knuckle? I don't see why these wouldn't work. You'd need an alignment machine to get your true answer tho. Adjusting camber isn't easy by eye.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I had them on my coilovers back in the day and coil overs have lots of adjustments on it or you can upgrade your shocks to koni yellow and cut slots in top bolt mount of strut where your steering knuckle is and get camber out of that but I don't recommend it cause I've never done it before
Old 10-20-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by no_ss
Do you have coilovers with adjustable plates? I'd imagine that would be enough. But for these wouldn't these go into the strut where it meets the knuckle? I don't see why these wouldn't work. You'd need an alignment machine to get your true answer tho. Adjusting camber isn't easy by eye.
No I have FE5 struts with YYZ springs. Yes the bolts go in the top hole I believe.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by zeeky420
I had them on my coilovers back in the day and coil overs have lots of adjustments on it or you can upgrade your shocks to koni yellow and cut slots in top bolt mount of strut where your steering knuckle is and get camber out of that but I don't recommend it cause I've never done it before
Don't Koni's use the stock strut housing? I think these bolts work via the same principle as slotting the top hole but maybe don't give you adjustment to the same degree as slotting the top hole does.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Yes koni's do use stock housing and those bolts have a offset to then spin one way positive spin other way negative. You get what camber you want and set the nut on bolt and it won't move if you just slot the housing you can use stock bolt and just pivot steering knuckle
Old 06-07-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put camber bolts in my car probably 4 years ago and set it to -2.0. Adjuster bolt goes in the top, just addhear to the torq spec of the bolts. I forget what it is. I did almost a full year of autocross on them too.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:03 AM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
No need for the bolts. Any competent shop can align it if you just slot the upper hole in the strut a bit both ways. Once they're slotted wider all the shop has to do is pull/push wheel to where you want it set and torque the bolts down.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tdubbs
No need for the bolts. Any competent shop can align it if you just slot the upper hole in the strut a bit both ways. Once they're slotted wider all the shop has to do is pull/push wheel to where you want it set and torque the bolts down.
I used camber bolts as they are cheap and nothing to screw up.