Autocross and Road Racing Road racing is not “street racing”

First time EVER autoX SS/TC. Need more practice

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time EVER autoX SS/TC. Need more practice

This is my first time ever ever doing an autox event. Buddy of mine on this site locally invited me on a short notice and to make a long story short I felt rushed due to me having to go to work at a certain time of day and didn't get all my runs in. I didn't do to bad I guess , but I definitely need practice on the driver mod lol, Barely getting the car earlier this year, I guess makes me now wanna drive her hard, but I gotta have fun with it. This was my first run after doing only 2 runs the previous day. Still getting use to the track and whatnot but , Still need improvement! This is not a "show off" video , just thought I would let you folks see. I will be doing this same track come September 1st and 2nd, I have those days off and I promise better numbers for sure!

First time was 106
Second run was 102.3 better, but still bad. Was there for the fun and definitely enjoyed it while I could.

ENJOY

EDIT!
Second run of 102.671

This was done with Competition mode and launch control from 3K RPMs. Wheels kept spinning out of every corner, but managed to take some seconds off!

Day 1 Buddy of mine and I arriving
Name:  5e7f7d1e.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  271.6 KB
Under his hood
Stage 2 stock M62 blower injen intake
Name:  76183ef0.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  270.2 KB
Outside view
Name:  7ca847c8.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  317.2 KB

Under my hood
Name:  fbc811c4.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  312.6 KB
Outside
Name:  88ec20d7.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  287.5 KB

Boss 302 in front of me
Name:  3ef23a1c.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  335.3 KB

Corvette from day 2. Guy was tearing it up!!! getting 58 sec times
Name:  13b18085.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  268.8 KB

Last edited by rever3nce; 08-06-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 AM

Where was this at?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 AM

nice run...looks like you clipped a cone in the video?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by TX.SS.TC
Where was this at?
Corpus Christi, Texas

Originally Posted by jzehren11
nice run...looks like you clipped a cone in the video?
Gave it the love tap lol. Looking at the video I am cutting those turns on the inside way too much. Cone stood up fine though lol

Last edited by rever3nce; 08-06-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-06-2012, 02:02 AM

well thats good,

I wish they had autocross here in Germany like this, but they have road courses! When I get back to the states i plan on hitting the autoX scene up big time. Hence the reason why Im buying suspension parts, before motor
Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 AM

Second run is up!!!

Video was just from a side view but thought I would put it up
Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 AM

well thats good,

I wish they had autocross here in Germany like this, but they have road courses! When I get back to the states i plan on hitting the autoX scene up big time. Hence the reason why Im buying suspension parts, before motor
If you really plan on getting into it I would suggest reading the rules and figurin out what class you want to be in. SCCA stock classes allow for a decent amount of mods
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM

car looks great man, but you need that tune to take advantage of them modzzz!

good luck next time. take time off the jerb to do it right.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by interviewatruins
car looks great man, but you need that tune to take advantage of them modzzz!

good luck next time. take time off the jerb to do it right.
Whats that mean lol. And yes!!! I need to get that damn tune already. Maybe for my B day. WE will see
Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by noorjariri
If you really plan on getting into it I would suggest reading the rules and figurin out what class you want to be in. SCCA stock classes allow for a decent amount of mods
With those mods he wouldn't be in a stock class. He would be in DSP with the springs alone. The other stuff really doesn't matter...except for the GMS1. I'm not sure where that would put him.

Also if you want to helpful tips on driving the course, I would suggest a finding a better camera angle. Some where closer to the front of the car. A good spot is the window on the rear quarter panel, or in the car under the rear view mirror. I look foward to your next video

EDIT: if you get a tune that would definitely put you in STX
Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mechs
With those mods he wouldn't be in a stock class. He would be in DSP with the springs alone. The other stuff really doesn't matter...except for the GMS1. I'm not sure where that would put him.

Also if you want to helpful tips on driving the course, I would suggest a finding a better camera angle. Some where closer to the front of the car. A good spot is the window on the rear quarter panel, or in the car under the rear view mirror. I look foward to your next video

it's not my go pro was just a friend of mine that was there that had it. Plan on getting one though. maybe he can let me borrow it again. Next time will be awesome,
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mechs

I know that GMS1 bumps out of stock, but I don't know where it puts you. There's a guy here who's been trying to get SCCA to allow it for stock class, and they won't.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM

it makes me feel better though that there was an experienced group of an older couple ... maybe 35 - 40 driving a porche Boxter S ... was beating their times by 4-6 seconds . IDK if that really says much, but made me feel good haha
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Whitnith
I know that GMS1 bumps out of stock, but I don't know where it puts you. There's a guy here who's been trying to get SCCA to allow it for stock class, and they won't.
from what I heard on the rules is STX doesnt allow sensor changes (such as the MAP).. which in turn would make GMS1 not legal in STX even.. but given those same rules then, a HPtune would be legal in STX even though it could potentially be even more powerful than a GMS1.. it seems like kind of a gray area when getting technical into the rules (but all the GMS1's I know of personally run in STX)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by padlock
from what I heard on the rules is STX doesnt allow sensor changes (such as the MAP).. which in turn would make GMS1 not legal in STX even.. but given those same rules then, a HPtune would be legal in STX even though it could potentially be even more powerful than a GMS1.. it seems like kind of a gray area when getting technical into the rules (but all the GMS1's I know of personally run in STX)
Any tune in STX cannot change boost, or better stated cannot "directly change boost." I believe gms1 changes DAL's and WGDC's and therefore directly changes boost, so I believe they shouldn't be in STX. Maybe I'm wrong about gms1 though. But I know any change in boost should be in street modified.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by noorjariri
Any tune in STX cannot change boost, or better stated cannot "directly change boost." I believe gms1 changes DAL's and WGDC's and therefore directly changes boost, so I believe they shouldn't be in STX. Maybe I'm wrong about gms1 though. But I know any change in boost should be in street modified.
You can "change boost" in SP as well (on turbo cars, not supercharged). Springs wouldn't put the OP in DSP. With the mods I saw he would be in STX, after tune in DSP (unless boost is left alone, which I doubt it will be).
Old 08-07-2012, 12:05 AM

well thats good,

If you plan on autocrossing I wouldn't touch the suspension (for a while). Car is great as delivered. Strut mod for more camber, maybe rear swaybar, done.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you enjoyed the new sport. Now concentrate, practice and get people to ride with you, as well as get the best drivers to drive the car with you in it. I guarantee if you see how fast the good drivers can go in your car, you will get faster pretty quick.

If you can see someone do it in your car, then you can do it to. But you have to see it, so have fast guys take a few drives with you in the passenger seat. When I was learning, I would fly national champions out to my state to spend the weekend with me driving. Best money I ever spent.

Have fun.

Spank