Autocross and Road Racing Road racing is not “street racing”

NASA HyperDrive

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
NASA HyperDrive

Hey guys, this weekend NASA is hosting an event at Pocono. The HPDE 1 is full, but HyperDrive is still available. I've never done the HyperDrive before. From what I gather it's a single classroom session and a single track session for $60. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this before and can provide more details. What time during the day does it run? I'm about an hour and a half from the track, is it worth the 3 hours driving time for a single classroom and track session?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NickD
Hey guys, this weekend NASA is hosting an event at Pocono. The HPDE 1 is full, but HyperDrive is still available. I've never done the HyperDrive before. From what I gather it's a single classroom session and a single track session for $60. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this before and can provide more details. What time during the day does it run? I'm about an hour and a half from the track, is it worth the 3 hours driving time for a single classroom and track session?
Hyperdrives are only good for a taste. You won't even learn the track in that short amount of time. Unless you're just broke, stop buying parts, and save for a full 2 day event. Most beginner students, by the end of a 2 day event, still struggle with consistency.