Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Mid East (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-mid-east-111/)
-   -   Manitoba SS 2018 (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-mid-east-111/manitoba-ss-2018-a-325610/)

tomj77 08-04-2018 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning (Post 7695221)

Call em

I did lol they told me to email.

Bluelightning 08-07-2018 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77 (Post 7695236)
I did lol they told me to email.

thats strange. Any time I’ve needed a dyno session I’ve just called and set it up with Sheldon. I’ve dyno’d there 3 times.

tomj77 08-10-2018 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning (Post 7695512)

thats strange. Any time I’ve needed a dyno session I’ve just called and set it up with Sheldon. I’ve dyno’d there 3 times.

ill try next time. I think Sheldon was out of town that's why they told me to email. did u get better torque numbers there then speed factor?

Bluelightning 08-10-2018 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77 (Post 7695857)
ill try next time. I think Sheldon was out of town that's why they told me to email. did u get better torque numbers there then speed factor?

i havent dyno’d my current set up at Motion. But I’d like to.

tomj77 08-15-2018 10:46 AM

So 472whp and 354ftq at speed factor with car pulling 4 degrees timing cause the dink didnt use fans first 2 pulls plus it was 26 in the shop so ya it was hot. Picked up 35 to when he used fan last pull. I think I'll be close to 500 in fall if u can get all my timing on a pull

Bluelightning 08-15-2018 06:09 PM

Let’s race

slapbetcommissioner 08-16-2018 03:37 AM

Tom bring the cobalt to gimli on the 25

soundjunky 08-17-2018 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I popped in today, and this is one of the threads which I am pleasantly surprised to see as still going on - albeit slower than in years gone by!

How are you all doing?

I still have my yellow car - I swapped the complete drivetrain from the "spare" SS/TC that I had back in 2015 after I suspect I got a bad update from the new owners of Trifecta... so I don't run their tunes anymore;
I might be the only one out there, but I miss the days where Vince was the guy - his work was stellar.

The attached picture should serve to show what I have been up to:
February 2015: Jonah
March 2017: Jocelyn

tomj77 08-17-2018 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by slapbetcommissioner (Post 7696352)
Tom bring the cobalt to gimli on the 25

whats happening on 25?

tomj77 08-17-2018 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky (Post 7696554)
I popped in today, and this is one of the threads which I am pleasantly surprised to see as still going on - albeit slower than in years gone by!

How are you all doing?

I still have my yellow car - I swapped the complete drivetrain from the "spare" SS/TC that I had back in 2015 after I suspect I got a bad update from the new owners of Trifecta... so I don't run their tunes anymore;
I might be the only one out there, but I miss the days where Vince was the guy - his work was stellar.

The attached picture should serve to show what I have been up to:
February 2015: Jonah
March 2017: Jocelyn

trifecta is still owned by Vince isnt it? And it sucks ass now. That Stephen guy who tunes is a total retard. Doesnt know how to tune for shit. Get an hp tune

soundjunky 08-18-2018 12:05 AM

as I've understood it something changed, maybe Vince sold the tuning side.
Steve has attitude, and I guess we didn't get off on the right foot... but what ever, I bought in as a dealer under Vince, and before I became a dealer I personally met the guy - I wanted to know the guy I would be making mo ey for was a stand up guy... and I believe he is.

I've been running one of Kevin's tunes (as he puts it "set to stock/gms1 boost levels) for a couple years...

cluelessk 08-19-2018 01:58 AM

Went and installed my rear coilovers today. Wow what a difference they make. A little bouncy but they were cheap so I can't complain.

slapbetcommissioner 08-21-2018 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by tomj77 (Post 7696571)
whats happening on 25?

Test and tune. Should be lots of people out for good times. Make a showing of what’s left of the cobalt scene.

slapbetcommissioner 08-21-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by cluelessk (Post 7696628)
Went and installed my rear coilovers today. Wow what a difference they make. A little bouncy but they were cheap so I can't complain.

nice touch!

just rears? Adjustable valving on the shocks?

slapbetcommissioner 08-21-2018 08:27 AM

I feel like trifecta has been bottom of the barrel as far as quality of tunes goes and customer service for at least 5 or 6 years now. Really no good reason to go with them unless the running two tunes is a must have for you. I really can’t see a reason for that if you have HPT you can easily throw another tune in place and there is sever very compitant tuners left on the forums.

soundjunky 08-21-2018 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by slapbetcommissioner (Post 7696740)
I feel like trifecta has been bottom of the barrel as far as quality of tunes goes and customer service for at least 5 or 6 years now. Really no good reason to go with them unless the running two tunes is a must have for you. I really can’t see a reason for that if you have HPT you can easily throw another tune in place and there is sever very compitant tuners left on the forums.

I feel you put that well.

Vinces tunes were good, somewhat conservative (he never had any engines go on his watch), but good.

I can't say the same for the new guy...

But I am admittedly jaded, from when Vince sold(?) what we know as trifecta, the new owner essetially screwed over all the dealers - making it almost impossible for dealers to get any sort of a deal, and essentially making it better for customers to buy direct.
Then there's the tune quality - which my first hand experience says it wasn't there.

...backstory:
I put charge pipes on my car in late 2014, and sent a data log asking steven(?) if the tune needed an update;
He said he "found an error in Vinces tune", the car ran like an absolute raped ape for about a week (I beat some apparent fast cars with that tune) - but then started periodically smoking. First it would only smoke when idling after being driven for a while, then slowly but surely the smoking got worse (This was just after I passed 160,000). By the spring, I couldn't drive my car because it smoked so bad....
My best guess is that I cracked a ringland.

I swapped drivetrains, but carried over my original turbo in the spring of 2015 (the drivetrain I swapped in was from a white wrecked SS/TC I bought back in 2010; it had something shy of 38,000km on it);
Then just this past spring the original turbo was swapped out for the one which came with the drivetrain I am running - which means I had about 220,000km on the original turbo.

Since doing the drivetrain swap, I have been running one of Kevin's tunes - and even though in his words "you're running stock boost levels", I am fine with it... I mean, this has always been intended as my daily driver, so who cares if there are faster cars out there than me... I can still hold my own. ;)

cluelessk 08-21-2018 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by slapbetcommissioner (Post 7696738)
nice touch!

just rears? Adjustable valving on the shocks?

Just for this year. I'll install the fronts and get it aligned next year.

​​​​​​They're K sports so they're adjustable but cheap. Rides not too much worse. Travel is just reduced.

Still on my Winter wheels.....

tomj77 08-21-2018 09:02 PM

here is my story with Stephen.....I got zfr and went to trifecta for a tune. one of my injector seals gave out with machine gun popping so I got opels. of course when I put in opels my trims went pig rich....like -18 to -30 rich. Stephen tried for a fricken month and explained he didn't know why the trims were not straightening out. I figured enough of this shit and I went to term2...he had my trims to almost 0 in one file and my tune perfect in like a week. Stephen doesn't know what he is doing period.

Bluelightning 08-25-2018 10:59 PM

Sadly I didn’t have my Cobalt out at the test and tune today. Had an injector stick open on me and couldn’t get parts in time. So I made the best out of a bad situation and brought my Cadillac. No one broke so it was a good day haha.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...psfq8xsehn.jpg

slapbetcommissioner 08-26-2018 02:55 AM

The Ats did well! Nice 60ft. Needs a pro charger now.

good day!
tom you should have come out. I’d like to see what that big turbo can do.

Flatgod 08-26-2018 02:44 PM

Got a new personal best at track yesterday. Pretty happy with how the 555r's performed. There should be a video up of the run eventually. Absolutely smoked a Shelby gt500 on that pass so that made my day.https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cob...12b1e85db4.jpg

slapbetcommissioner 08-26-2018 04:57 PM

Very nice!!

slapbetcommissioner 08-26-2018 05:02 PM

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...0F6E0AFAD2.jpg
My new personal best as well.
I absolutely botched my 2-3 shift (hammered the rev limiter several times) wasn’t ready to actually have traction all through second. It’s too bad because the run before and immediately after I almost matched this ET with 4-5. More mph and a .2-.3 second worse 60ft.
It got too warm after this and the track was getting slippery from tires lol.

Bluelightning 09-09-2018 04:16 PM

Thanks to Dustin my E85 stock is replenished and ready to hit the track.

slapbetcommissioner 09-10-2018 03:52 PM

Just gotta get to the track now!