Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS owners meeting.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EuteR
Its a lowered Silverado long box :P

It got written off last year by some douche that didnt have his liscense or permission to drive the car.

Heres what it looked like last year.. Definitally going to be different this year, as I have opted to go "custom" with it
You *****?! I will never understand why guys think it is cool to take a TRUCK, slam it, big wheels. LOL you want a truck, get a truck. You want a car, buy a car, dont make a truck look like a car. it will never perform like a car as they are too heavy, dont handle, and looks awful. the only thing that is nice is the rims. when you take a truck like this and do what you did to it, it is the same as taking a bowl of ice cream and putting mustard and relish on it.

I warned you that it better be a 4x4. (what is almost as bad is Dodge building a RAM 1500 4X4 with street rubber and 20" rims. I just dont and wont get it.

A Dodge Power Wagon 2006 - Now that is a truck!

See you sunday,Ureter! LMFAO
Old 07-08-2006, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To each their own sums it up nicely!

It is 2 WHEEL DRIVE, so who gives a ****.. It does everything it did before but looks 100x better IMO! 4 x 4'n is not for me. Had I liked offroadin I would have bought a 4 x 4. Its still a truck.. I can still help people move, which is the most it ever really saw. Sorry I didnt LIFT a 2 wheel drive. Would I be cool then? lol Plus with offroading you just get the bitch dirty and spend hours cleaning it, there is no way I would drive a dirty truck around!

I think is also has something to do with who I grew up with, etc. All my friends have lowered/bagged trucks. And I mean like 85%.

I just love everything about lowered trucks! I dont like lifted trucks at all, but I can still appreciate the time/money they have put into them!

The SS is the daily driver, (thats why it doesnt get any mods) The truck is the "toy"
Old 07-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned

To each their own sums it up nicely!

It is 2 WHEEL DRIVE, so who gives a ****.. It does everything it did before but looks 100x better IMO! 4 x 4'n is not for me. Had I liked offroadin I would have bought a 4 x 4. Its still a truck.. I can still help people move, which is the most it ever really saw. Sorry I didnt LIFT a 2 wheel drive. Would I be cool then? lol Plus with offroading you just get the bitch dirty and spend hours cleaning it, there is no way I would drive a dirty truck around!

I think is also has something to do with who I grew up with, etc. All my friends have lowered/bagged trucks. And I mean like 85%.

I just love everything about lowered trucks! I dont like lifted trucks at all, but I can still appreciate the time/money they have put into them!

The SS is the daily driver, (thats why it doesnt get any mods) The truck is the "toy"
Cant imagine taking my "TOY" and use to move someone. you know something gets damaged and it is usually the truck. but your right to each their own. IMO trucks are meant for two things - work, and your going to play then play in the dirt. Trucks lowered is wasted time - dont want to haul anything to damage it, and (although you improved your truck) a car will always handle better. Straightline maybe but you really have to work hard at getting HP to proprel that heavy vehicle vs a light car. I cant imagine showing up at GIMLI to do drags. People from the hutterite colony sure would cheer you on. LOL

That said it is IMO. all the power to you.

I will go play with my COBALT thanks.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:46 AM
MaJ

I personally love your truck Euter, even I was pissed when I heard about what happened to it last year. Glad to see it'll be on the road again soon.

I love lowered trucks, because I'm mostly an all show no go kind of guy. While racing does interest me, I have a lot more desire to see something that pleases my eyes then I have for something that makes me move quickly. I respect power adders, and I respect tasteful design as well.

Clean mods, no matter what they are impress me, as long as things are done well. I don't like taking the easy way out, but if it works it works IMO. Your truck is clean, and I respect that.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:23 PM

so where are we gonna park tommorow at the earls parking lot? i think i saw that somewhere, and at 11 right?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 PM

I never had any problems helping people move. Nothing got scratched or anything.. I just have friends that appreciate/give a ****, so they are careful!

I already know it will be a on going battle with u ssnipes, so I will stop now. There are defintally more people that love it then hate it though!

Come for one pass down portage with me when its done, and you will see what its all about!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peg's fastest ss
so where are we gonna park tommorow at the earls parking lot? i think i saw that somewhere, and at 11 right?
Yeah sounds good.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Banned

I never had any problems helping people move. Nothing got scratched or anything.. I just have friends that appreciate/give a ****, so they are careful!

I already know it will be a on going battle with u ssnipes, so I will stop now. There are defintally more people that love it then hate it though!

Come for one pass down portage with me when its done, and you will see what its all about!
You see Ureter, I learned something about you already. unless someone agrees with you then you hate. LOL. go take your chip somewhere else man and grow up. not everyone is going to like it and they will have an opinion. not sure why you have the attitude but no problem.

If you didnt like my car without the wing. I wouldnt care. More than 1 person has said that to me. I am not offended. You like your truck. you use as a truck. you manage to do it without an accident (my friends care but accidents happen). No problem here.

I already told twice before you would not turn me around. I said I dont get it, But I didnt say I hated it. some people go for show. I go for practical use. and I wont get into that for that has been said. I didnt say it didnt look good, I said I dont understand it.

and you get all pissy with me. COme on. There are guys here that say they dont like my car without the wing but I dont take it personally.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:01 PM
MaJ

I sense a whole lot of tension (sp?) between you two, and I really don't know why. I think it's mostly to do with the fact that you're miss reading eachothers words on a forum here....

Perhaps you should get to know eachother IRL before you start cracking "jokes" at one another. They can comonly be miss-read when you don't know the "jokers" personality...
You're a wicked guy ssnipes, and from what I can tell and have been told so are you Euter..

I don't want to see this become more of a flame war then it already has. Lets just cut the "joke" talk for a while until we get to know eachother a bit better. I don't want any hatred between cobalt owners like there is between us and some of the "less mature" SRT-4 owners.

/shake hands
Old 07-08-2006, 07:10 PM

well I am a very sarcastic person, its just the way I come across, maybe not on here because of the typing.. I am very easy going. But for some reason me and ssnipes just dont agree on ****! Not much you can do! I'm sure we will be fine face to face.

My very first line was To each their own!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:52 AM
Banned

well I am a very sarcastic person, its just the way I come across, maybe not on here because of the typing.. I am very easy going. But for some reason me and ssnipes just dont agree on ****! Not much you can do! I'm sure we will be fine face to face.

My very first line was To each their own!
I can live with that. That was all I was stating. Nothing was to be taken personal.

I agree most likely when we meet and get to know each other things will be more than good. Its not a flame war. At least it better not be. I agree there should be no tension between all of us. Not fun for anyone especially for those who have to read posts like that.

EuteR, Hope you were willing to get up or stay up before you go to bed. I know were meeting today at your bedtime (this is a joke, sorry, and it is based on what I know of Euter), but I still hope you will come out.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Banned

Hey there, Got the Projector Halo Headlights in. I will give you the skinney on these and I would like to hear your impressions about these once you see them up close. Sorry to say that I am not totally satisfied with these but all I can say is if you are thinking of these lamps or even Eibach Sportlines now is your chance to feel and see what it is like.

Looking forward to meeting with you. I have learned alot already with brief meetings with EuteR on the street, and photos with MAJ and DAYLN. See you then I will be going for coffee at 10:30 and leaving at 12:00 sharp. Gotta take the kids to Tinkertown today(my excuse so I can go ride a big lady bug).
Old 07-09-2006, 10:04 AM

I think a set of black projectors would look really good on my car, but I don't like the LED's at all and I don't really trust the quality of something being sold on Ebay by 10 different vendors and not knowing who actually makes it. I think I am going to wait around for someone else to start making a pair sans the LED's. Looking forward to seeing how they look on your car though.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:00 PM

ummmmm, so whats goin on

meeting at earls tonight at 11 is what Im gettin outta this?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:50 PM

lol that was for this mornins breakfast which maj and dayn didnt show up for lol but all in all it was a good time for those who came, that water injection system was pretty cool on that one car but im not sure about pumping washer fluid into my supercharger but that thing was cold compared to mine
Old 07-09-2006, 06:25 PM

wtf.. who meets up in the moring of a cruise NIGHT!

You guys are fucked!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:56 PM

Dude that was the plan all along... lol
Old 07-09-2006, 07:03 PM
MaJ

Originally Posted by peg's fastest ss
...which maj and dayn didnt show up for...
Yeah that was my fault... sorry... We did show up.. However we were apparently late..?
I was golfing this morning, and my group got held up by an older couple who were rather slow. I got back into the city at about 11, and rushed off the Dane's place. The two of us made it to the Earls parking lot by 11:45....

I couldn't beleive not a single one of you was there anymore... I didn't even see a single cobalt headed away from Earls on portage while we were on our way there. What time did you guys all leave?
Old 07-09-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by MaJ
I couldn't beleive not a single one of you was there anymore... I didn't even see a single cobalt headed away from Earls on portage while we were on our way there. What time did you guys all leave?
We walked over to Pancake house at about 10:30 I guess, but it was way too busy so we drove to Smitty's instead. Sorry we missed you guys.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:37 PM

We actually ventured over to Perkins as well, before we settled on Smitty's as there was no line up there. Pancake house was packed and we weren't about to wait as we were all pretty hungry!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

wtf.. who meets up in the moring of a cruise NIGHT!

You guys are fucked!
dude, wpg fastest SS and I plan to be out on the streets for 7:30 to 8:00 PM tonite. I am going to check out pony coral grant first then advance for 8:00 so I may see you out there.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zomghax
We walked over to Pancake house at about 10:30 I guess, but it was way too busy so we drove to Smitty's instead. Sorry we missed you guys.
Originally Posted by Jerzrae
We actually ventured over to Perkins as well, before we settled on Smitty's as there was no line up there. Pancake house was packed and we weren't about to wait as we were all pretty hungry!!!
After we did all of this we were like sitting down at the time you probably arrived at smitty's. there was like 6 cars and then it dwindled down to the 4 of us.

See you tonite maybe if your cruising. I will going up and down portage maybe twice. When I get to main I am headed home if there is nothing to see.

later.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:33 AM

good to hear that everyone enjoyed my water/meth setup. Gotta tidy up the wiring a bit though before its done. Then time to start tuning........I did some 3rd gear pulls tonight and datalogged it. I am datalogging speed vs. time as i have no way to log horsepower without a dyno. I am running from 30 to 100 mph in 3rd gear and so far i have seen about a 4 to 5 mph increase all throughout the run. thats just with using 2 different tunes with the injector controller. Kinda hard to explain without seeing the graphs i have made.

Hey Ssnipes could you email me those pics that you took today.......ill PM you my email address

Thanks
Kevin
Old 07-10-2006, 01:47 AM
MaJ

Was a good cruise night, I met up with Ssnipes at Advance shortly after 9. Convinced Dayn to come out for a short boot. When he got there, wpg's fastest dropped in, and right after he left Hispano1 rolled up!

Nice little meet. Hopefully we'll get together again soon, and I'll actually make it haha.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:23 AM

i really need to get u guys on my MSN, im outta the loop here, lol

I dont check the forums as frequently as I should I guess

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS owners meeting.