Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssnipes
look again. my front plate is on the car! just changed the way it mounts and how big the plate is. the plate is not cut just bent with a 2x4 and a hammer and screwed into the metal portion of the bumper after drilling two holes.
You said "zomghax took off his front plate".

I said "you must be thinking of someone else".

Dood you're confusing me!!!1 Your plate looks good tho. Very clever Mr Bond.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zomghax
You said "zomghax took off his front plate".

I said "you must be thinking of someone else".

Dood you're confusing me!!!1 Your plate looks good tho. Very clever Mr Bond.
LOL yeah I figured that one out - I remember who you are now.

I just thought you didnt see that I still have a plate. no worry's.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Banned

Are you thinking of ordering stage 2?

Thinking of stage2? well get off your ass and order LOL

I have been waiting for over 4 wks and we are looking at recieving in two weeks.

GM is backordered for 127 of these things. in a week they will have 200 then another week to ship to my dealer. I have been given that in all likelyhood one of the 200 will be mine. that is good news cause I was going to jump ship. I was emailing HPT and Intense to get more info. on there stuff today. (day off).

So go order yours and you could get one of the 73 that have not been spoken for in this shipment. dont pay more than $840 CDN though.

Edit - I have a pulley puller/installer so I will be putting the kit in myself. Dealer will do the reflash
Old 07-25-2006, 11:22 PM

just remeber though u do it urself the warranty is 1 year, a dealership does it its for the remainder of the warranty on the car, somthing to think about it says that in that letter i got and the booklet u get for the stage kit
Old 07-25-2006, 11:22 PM

just remeber though u do it urself the warranty is 1 year, a dealership does it its for the remainder of the warranty on the car, somthing to think about it says that in that letter i got and the booklet u get for the stage kit
Old 07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peg's fastest ss
Hmmm .... I think they mean on the part. according to my dealer any way. correct me if I have misinformation.

Edit: I just checked my GM Protection Plan fine print:Yeah checked the fine print too. it says coverage will not be provided if the cause is due to a alteration. and that is it. You can check out SEMA for there notations on alterations on vehicles and vehicle warrantys as well. GM is a member of SEMA and support the data on the website. I can modify what ever I want, but if it causes a problem due to my doing and then that repair is on my shoulders. that is the way it has been explained to me and GM Canada supports this as well. Remember your employment said no warranty coverage with stage kits as well some time back. Then we found out different info. from GM. I understand that if I intall a GM part it is only covered for one year. the reason is that GM does not have documentation on where that part was installed. that is the only reason. That is a risk I am willing to take on a belt, pulley and injectors. I have never had an injector fail on me. It has happened but not that often.

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 07-26-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:32 AM

im like 99% sure that front plate is illegal!

I guess you'll find out if it is eventually. lol
Old 07-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EuteR
im like 99% sure that front plate is illegal!

I guess you'll find out if it is eventually. lol
That is the plan. or I could ask them. I thought it was okay as long as it was displayed, like on the dash. Where could I find info on this? Province of manitoba? MPI?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by ssnipes
That is the plan. or I could ask them. I thought it was okay as long as it was displayed, like on the dash. Where could I find info on this? Province of manitoba? MPI?
I think you could just go to a cop shop, but uhhh, isn't that like walking into a den of wolves? lol
Old 07-27-2006, 09:16 AM

I know for a fact it cannot be on the dash.. Was in my buddies Iroc-Z when he got a ticket for that one.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

I know for a fact it cannot be on the dash.. Was in my buddies Iroc-Z when he got a ticket for that one.
Well I checked it out. I guess the cops could debate it still but according to vehicle standards (Division of MPI) it says the number has to be visible on the front of the car. and on the rear the number and registration sticker has to be visible. The officer on the phone asked what I did. He felt that is was ok as long as the plate # can be read. that is what is important.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:19 AM

depends on who pulls you over I guess.. They could look at it as you are trying to hide it.. Since it cant really be seen from the sides. Who knows!

Also had a buddy with a talon that put his liscense plate on the front mesh, similar to what you did. He had it on there for about 15 mins before he got pulled over. Needless to say, he ended up biting the bullet and drilling holes in his front bumper.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:30 AM
MaJ

I was always explained that defacing the plate in any way is illegal, and because you don't have a visable "Friendly Manitoba" that's concidered defacing.. Who knows though. It really depends on if the cop that pulls you over is a bitch or not.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:08 PM

and besides of the legal stand point theres also a mechanical downside.... gm did not put a mesh in front of the bumber like that cause it decreases air flow through the inner cooler and can cause over heating in the charger itself... we have a bullitin at work for this as well.. gm had problems cooling the chargers down to begin with
Old 07-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peg's fastest ss
and besides of the legal stand point theres also a mechanical downside.... gm did not put a mesh in front of the bumber like that cause it decreases air flow through the inner cooler and can cause over heating in the charger itself... we have a bullitin at work for this as well.. gm had problems cooling the chargers down to begin with
Hmmmm ... I don't think my modification affects it. Engine runs the same temp and the plate over hang is just slightly more. Photo chop for you to show you what I mean.

but thanks for questioning it.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
MaJ

I spent most of today infront of Photoshop trying to figure out what debadging style I wanted to go with... I swear I went through 15 possible versions of removed badges. Finally I just decided to go clean.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:33 PM

haha

copy cat :P
Old 07-27-2006, 11:33 PM
MaJ

haha

copy cat :P
So.. you copy the 9 million other people in the world who have removed badges from their car, and now I'm the copy cat...

Funny how that works.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaJ
So.. you copy the 9 million other people in the world who have removed badges from their car, and now I'm the copy cat...

Funny how that works.
Not a bunch of positive attitudes on here lately. But Man, that is why I nickname him as UreteR some times. Cause he just likes to **** on everyone and what they do. LOL

LOOKS Great Maj. I am so torn to do the same and I am afraid to become a copy cat a copy cat....LOL.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 AM
Banned

I am planning on a few changes to my intake soon. Anyone interested in a K&N drop in filter with a couple of $1000 K on it? $35.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:15 AM

Im gonna stop posting in here, no one seems to understand sarcasm.. Ssnipes is slowly catching on, but not really. I just seem to offend people here with whatever I say. Are you guys delicate or what? I guess we are in a new cavalier.. hahahaha

And Ssnipes you post pictures to hear what people think. Im not gonna lie and say your headlights are the hottest **** i've ever seen when I dont like em! Not pissing on you by any means, it does sound kinky, but I dont think your my type.

**** right off with the UreteR thing. You are in no position to start changin my nickname around. We're not quite at that buddy buddy stage just yet. lol
I dont know you, and I must say, from the way we get along here I dont like you. I cant even pretend anymore like I give a **** about what your saying.

Not too many people **** me off the way you do Ssnipes. Congrats on that. Hope I never have the pleasure of meeting you!

Maj, it looks ****** awesome, I love it on the orange. You totally took it the wrong way. lol Note the : with a P = :P.. Type that into MSN, youll figure it out.

LateR

Last edited by EuteR; 07-28-2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

Im gonna stop posting in here, no one seems to understand sarcasm.. Ssnipes is slowly catching on, but not really. I just seem to offend people here with whatever I say. Are you guys delicate or what? I guess we are in a new cavalier.. hahahaha

And Ssnipes you post pictures to hear what people think. Im not gonna lie and say your headlights are the hottest **** i've ever seen when I dont like em! Not pissing on you by any means, it does sound kinky, but I dont think your my type.

**** right off with the UreteR thing. You are in no position to start changin my nickname around. We're not quite at that buddy buddy stage just yet. lol
I dont know you, and I must say, from the way we get along here I dont like you. I cant even pretend anymore like I give a **** about what your saying.

Not too many people **** me off the way you do Ssnipes. Congrats on that. Hope I never have the pleasure of meeting you!

Maj, it looks ****** awesome, I love it on the orange. You totally took it the wrong way. lol Note the : with a P = :P.. Type that into MSN, youll figure it out.

LateR

Well all I can say I am sorry. Obviously I struck a cord. If you did meet me I think things would be different. You dont understand me either and my sarcasm. I understand yours. I was just teasing right back. I thought man this guy can dish it out that you would see I am a joker and it would slide right off.

You told me you dont like the UreteR thing so no problem...LOL.... Really if I was upset or thought of pissing you off it would be on here with words. I really dont waste my time with that sort of thing.

Your opinion about my car is cool with me - you like some aspects and you dont like others. It was not that I didnt value your opinion. I just was telling you about what others have to say. You like the wingless look and I have people tell get the wing back, and you dont like the lights and others love them. to me it doesnt bother me cause I am not changing the car for anyone else. I change stuff for me and decide what I want. Its just something to talk about.

the lastest thing for example - front plate - everyone has been helpful with two concerns - no heat (cops) and no over heat (blocking cooling)...LOL. I appreciate it and I know everyone cares. I think you care, just not right now cause I pissed you off. Really I have no reason to do that.

Bottom line is - Have a good time here and post. I will try to refrain from typing anything that is not respectful anymore about any posters (like right now). No personal attacks even if it is in a joking matter from my point of view. In fact if you post I wont post. not until you meet me. If your up to it I will buy you a beer. I am being sincere.

later.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Banned

Hey Maj, Empty your mail box. I cant send you this link. probably most everyone has seen this already on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250012164538
Old 07-28-2006, 09:54 AM

The debadged look is hot Maj. DO IT
Old 07-28-2006, 01:12 PM
MaJ

Im gonna stop posting in here, no one seems to understand sarcasm..
Nah dude, I knew you were joking. We all seem to have the same attitude. We crack jokes and make ******* like comments at eachother because thats how we are with our RL friends, but when it comes to having them said to us, we just don't know how to take it.
It's all good. I don't have anything against you.

BUT!
Hope I never have the pleasure of meeting you!
Thems is fighten words!!

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's