Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a whistle sorta rubbing sound that is affected by engine RPMS but is mianly felt underload and is heard inside the car only. strange? I thought plugged cat since he had a PO0420 code (inefficient catalytic converter) and the whistle was thought to be the cat. with the DP off I could see it likely was not the case. the cat looked to me to be not plugged.

Ryan I can clear the code tomorrow if you wish. call me.

Originally Posted by Dayn
it is soooo not even worth it. the 240sx i will beat and I know for a fact. The mustang is a mustang and I would only be worried if it was charged or maybe had NOS. The rsx could be interesting but the guy is a tool.
Tell they have to race me first, the guy with a base model cobalt, and who ever beats me can race your SC car. I will let the 240 beat me and kill the other too.

I ******* hate little kids who think just because I have a Cobalt I am slow and wantt to race me. I am getting sick of it. I was just talking with stef on the phone and she was being driven to a bar by some randoms and it goes

stef: ya i am in a yellow mustang it is nice like your cobalt (hear random mumbles about "cobalt" in backround). It is like supercharged too (stef loves to tell me every car is supercharged either to impress me or make me jealous).

me: ya cool

stef: (guy in backround "ask him if he thinks he can beat an rsx-s with cams, exhaust and" some other random stuff that I didn't remember)

me: ask him if he has a little ***** because I don't give a ****

This almost happens on a daily basis with guys who she knows. So now I am lined up to race a 240SX in bad condition, this rsx-s and the random yellow mustang. The rsx could be interesting but it is not turbo or s/c so not sure what will happen. raced one that had exhaust and it was no contest. The turbod ones can be awesome though i heard.

**** though why does everyone want to race me as soon as they find out I have a cobalt?

pablo and p1llar do you ever get bugged like this with the srt4?
I never get bugged to race. Why. I dont have girls I know riding around with guys who are youg, dumb, and full of ***, who think that if she talks about her friend with a yellow cobalt that they have to impress her so "my car is faster than your car" comes out.

I doubt Pablo has this problem either as he tells most that it is just a neon.

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 04-13-2008 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ******* hate little kids who think just because I have a Cobalt I am slow and wantt to race me. I am getting sick of it. I was just talking with stef on the phone and she was being driven to a bar by some randoms and it goes

stef: ya i am in a yellow mustang it is nice like your cobalt (hear random mumbles about "cobalt" in backround). It is like supercharged too (stef loves to tell me every car is supercharged either to impress me or make me jealous).

me: ya cool

stef: (guy in backround "ask him if he thinks he can beat an rsx-s with cams, exhaust and" some other random stuff that I didn't remember)

me: ask him if he has a little ***** because I don't give a ****

This almost happens on a daily basis with guys who she knows. So now I am lined up to race a 240SX in bad condition, this rsx-s and the random yellow mustang. The rsx could be interesting but it is not turbo or s/c so not sure what will happen. raced one that had exhaust and it was no contest. The turbod ones can be awesome though i heard.

**** though why does everyone want to race me as soon as they find out I have a cobalt?

pablo and p1llar do you ever get bugged like this with the srt4?

This is my first spring/summer with the SRT-4 so i haven't had much experience. Although one of those Focus's with the GFX packages i guess assumed i was a sx2.0. He was revving retardly high at a redlight about 2 weeks ago (i could hear him bounch off the rev limter ). Light went green and he went, i acclerated normally.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:11 AM

It drives me nuts. Someone trade me a little wing? I will remove the S/c badge and tell stef I traded for a lower model because I couldnt afford the SC.

ugh. it is fun racing someone you know or a random cool guy beside you on the road but cocky ****** drive me insane.

Actually, anyone else want to race one of these 3 guys so I can take a break from ego smashing? Doesn't have to be soon.

and p1llar, the pics of your car are beautiful. it looks like a beast.

Last edited by Dayn; 04-13-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Banned

Hmmm..... tell some old guy in a red base model wants to see them..... LOL

Prediction -

mustang - tie
RSX - beat buy 1 to 1/2 car length if the car actually runs how it could.
240SX - naturally aspirated? rap'em
Old 04-13-2008, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Asphalt Assault
done. the 240sx is down for it. I have to see this guy on a weekly basis and everytime "want to race yet?". I'll let him know he needs to beat you first and I'll tell him you are a 2.4. (he wouldnt believe 2.2)

Originally Posted by Asphalt Assault

Prediction -

mustang - tie
RSX - beat buy 1 to 1/2 car length if the car actually runs how it could.
240SX - naturally aspirated? rap'em
The mustang and rsx are naturally aspirated. The 240SX is turbo and only put a couple cars on my grand am gt when he WOT from a light.

Last edited by Dayn; 04-13-2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2008, 02:30 AM

It drives me nuts. Someone trade me a little wing? I will remove the S/c badge and tell stef I traded for a lower model because I couldnt afford the SC.

ugh. it is fun racing someone you know or a random cool guy beside you on the road but cocky ****** drive me insane.

Actually, anyone else want to race one of these 3 guys so I can take a break from ego smashing? Doesn't have to be soon.

and p1llar, the pics of your car are beautiful. it looks like a beast.
Thank you. If they want a run with a 2005 Neon R/T 150h.p. i might be down
Old 04-13-2008, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by p1llar
Thank you. If they want a run with a 2005 Neon R/T 150h.p. i might be down
hahaha, i'll let you know when i hear back from the rsx owner. Hell he probably changed his mind already now that i agreed to racing. the 240sx i just feel bad because it is the kids first car and he thinks it is the best thing ever and I feel bad... nice car but what you would expect from an old car.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 AM

hahaha, i'll let you know when i hear back from the rsx owner. Hell he probably changed his mind already now that i agreed to racing. the 240sx i just feel bad because it is the kids first car and he thinks it is the best thing ever and I feel bad... nice car but what you would expect from an old car.
lol alright.

So are people meeting and cruising from A&W tomorrow?

I'm prolly up for a little evening drive, pembina is a nicer drive than portage imo.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Banned

lol alright.

So are people meeting and cruising from A&W tomorrow?

I'm prolly up for a little evening drive, pembina is a nicer drive than portage imo.
I am working
Old 04-13-2008, 02:54 AM

i am also working tommorrow night.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:53 AM
MaJ

I will be at A&W tomorrow night. Won't be able to be there till 6PM though. Got dinner with my father.

Racing? I don't think I will do that... Not until I race you Dane. I want to see how I stack up against you. I feel slow lately, like I don't have any traction. Earlier while crusing at 50-60, I some how spun the tires hamering it in second?!.... I cried a little... I attribute it to dusty roads, but it shouldn't be happening.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by MaJ
I will be at A&W tomorrow night. Won't be able to be there till 6PM though. Got dinner with my father.

Racing? I don't think I will do that... Not until I race you Dane. I want to see how I stack up against you. I feel slow lately, like I don't have any traction. Earlier while crusing at 50-60, I some how spun the tires hamering it in second?!.... I cried a little... I attribute it to dusty roads, but it shouldn't be happening.
I don't understand. If your car is feeling slow then how can you spin tires in 2nd at 60km/h?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaJ

I don't understand. If your car is feeling slow then how can you spin tires in 2nd at 60km/h?
I rode with Ryan. it seems to be intermittent slow to me. its kinda strange. seems to be related to the engine problem at the time.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:13 PM

I don't have too many issues with morons, but it does happen once in a while, I try to get under their skin with smart ass comments and I give them no satisfaction of a race.

As far as your races go, the 240's unless they have a big turbo are gutless. The mustang, well the mustang could be nasty you never know. RSX-S with Intake, Header, Exhaust and Hondata will run 13.8-14.0@99-102 all day long on street tires. A guy at gimli had those mods on his last year and with DR's was running very consistant 13.5's.

MY CAR COMES OUT OF STORAGE TODAY..........YAY
Old 04-13-2008, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pablo

Are you going out at all tonite?
Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 PM

I'll be at A&W for 6
Old 04-13-2008, 01:13 PM

Are you going out at all tonite?
To tell you the truth I try to stay inside on Sunday nights, I don't like getting hassled for small things.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:14 PM

I don't have too many issues with morons, but it does happen once in a while, I try to get under their skin with smart ass comments and I give them no satisfaction of a race.

As far as your races go, the 240's unless they have a big turbo are gutless. The mustang, well the mustang could be nasty you never know. RSX-S with Intake, Header, Exhaust and Hondata will run 13.8-14.0@99-102 all day long on street tires. A guy at gimli had those mods on his last year and with DR's was running very consistant 13.5's.

the white one?if so hes a very good friend of mine.he won first in class for na cars last summer at gimili.and he is always talking **** about my car lol and i'm always talking **** about his ...but he is on here trolling alot ,not talking **** but just getting information.and learning about our cars.awsome guy and good peoples!( hence my sig ... ) his car is retardly fast for bolt ons and a tune.i think his car has the k motor if im not mistaken

and i will be there tonight as well between 5 and 6
Old 04-13-2008, 01:16 PM

ill be there tonite, pablo my dad gets his vette in town today..you have to race him sometime so you can set him in his place
Old 04-13-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by jefferyss
the white one?if so hes a very good friend of mine.he won first in class for na cars last summer at gimili.and he is always talking **** about my car lol and i'm always talking **** about his ...but he is on here trolling alot ,not talking **** but just getting information.and learning about our cars.awsome guy and good peoples!( hence my sig ... ) his car is retardly fast for bolt ons and a tune.i think his car has the k motor if im not mistaken

and i will be there tonight as well between 5 and 6
Yep that's the one, very nice car, and like you said it damn fast for a N/A with some basic bolt ons, the K20 responds very well to simple intake and exhaust modifications, boosted they become tire shredding monsters.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:21 PM
MaJ

Originally Posted by MaJ
I feel slow lately, like I don't have any traction.
Well, I feel slow like I just can't lock up. It's really odd, I don't know how to explain it. I'll hit the gas and it won't go anywhere for the first bit, but then it'll just lock up and i'll either take off or spin the tires... It's hard to explain...

So, I don't know if there is something wrong with my car, or if it's just I drive on dusty roads.
Of all things it could be just my memory of how the car drove last year is wrong, lol! That's why I want to race you... We were neck&neck most races last year, so if I can still do that then I know there probably isn't a problem.

To tell you the truth I try to stay inside on Sunday nights, I don't like getting hassled for small things.
Yea, that's probably a good idea. :P
Old 04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaJ
Well, I feel slow like I just can't lock up. It's really odd, I don't know how to explain it. I'll hit the gas and it won't go anywhere for the first bit, but then it'll just lock up and i'll either take off or spin the tires... It's hard to explain...

So, I don't know if there is something wrong with my car, or if it's just I drive on dusty roads.
Of all things it could be just my memory of how the car drove last year is wrong, lol! That's why I want to race you... We were neck&neck most races last year, so if I can still do that then I know there probably isn't a problem.

Yea, that's probably a good idea. :P
its not warm enough for good traction yet (for me at least)..and the streets are sandy.. i have the same problem in 2nd.. it starts to go but then loses traction so it feels slow (but the tires don't squeal because again its not warm enough)

my suggestions is go on the highway and try, it worked for me
Old 04-13-2008, 02:37 PM

I hear ya, i went out once last summer, even still it wasn't on portage. This early in the year i doubt cops will be out, but ya never know.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned

who all going to A&W???
Old 04-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSbrian
who all going to A&W???
me.. and a few people posted earlier today they are going.. seems around 6pm everyone said

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2008