Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOLY CRAP YOU TWO!!! seriously....
Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by saunders1986
my uninformed opinion? open ur eyes, your on a public forum, i'm allowed to state my opinion whenever i want. as with anyone else. not like you stated you were joking, i mean u did post like 3 topics complaining about your car. and how you hate gm so much. i dont know why everyone is so dramatic around here all the time.
So you would be all happy if you took your car in, spent 2500 to have it fixed only to find **** missing, broken, left dirty or not working. Yeah right!!! You would be the first to be shouting bloody murder if it were your car. I am not hating GM but am pissed about the quality of the work and the lack of QC (I would think that's what the shop forman job is supposed to be) before getting my car back.

Gesus Sam, think before you speak/post. Every time you post something you sound condisending and that is what pisses people off.

Anyways I don't want to argue about this. I only posted the problems so that if it happens to anyone else to make sure you check everything.

Cheers and I'm sure GM will make it right.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM

no, i wouldn't be happy, but i would have the common sence to check the car before i paid them the 2500$, they would not get my money until everything was right. also, you knew that **** has bad QC, trust me, your not the first one who got screwed over at ****. i've herd so many horror story's about that place that it isnt even funny.

i dont care if i do sound condescending, or i **** someone off,
Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by saunders1986
no, i wouldn't be happy, but i would have the common sence to check the car before i paid them the 2500$, they would not get my money until everything was right. also, you knew that **** has bad QC, trust me, your not the first one who got screwed over at ****. i've herd so many horror story's about that place that it isnt even funny.

i dont care if i do sound condescending, or i **** someone off,
Yeah, I'm going to be able to go over the car with a foot of snow all over it.

Any ways. Enough!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM

wow, there was snow inside the car 2!?!? must be one hell of a storm....
Old 04-21-2008, 05:24 PM

This is almost like a bad talk show.....

Larry....I understand where you are coming from in that you shelled out a lot of money to get something fixed and you get your car back in worse shape then when you dropped it off. **** should without question be fixing the car back or better then the way you brought it into them.

However, in the same token...I agree with Sam in that I would have been looking all over that car on the inside before I even drove off the lot. ESPECIALLY knowing that the whole interior was basically torn apart for the repair.

I have honestly never heard of a shop foreman looking over a car before it leaves. Yes he is responsible for the guys who work in the shop and that the work they do is done properly and professionally. But he can not be everywhere at once and they have many cars/trucks coming through that shop on a daily basis.

If I were you Larry, I would be taking LOTS of pictures of the interior and other issues and get a hold of the Manager of the dealership and talk to him/her one on one and show the issues and see what happens.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
This is almost like a bad talk show.....

Larry....I understand where you are coming from in that you shelled out a lot of money to get something fixed and you get your car back in worse shape then when you dropped it off. **** should without question be fixing the car back or better then the way you brought it into them.

However, in the same token...I agree with Sam in that I would have been looking all over that car on the inside before I even drove off the lot. ESPECIALLY knowing that the whole interior was basically torn apart for the repair.

I have honestly never heard of a shop foreman looking over a car before it leaves. Yes he is responsible for the guys who work in the shop and that the work they do is done properly and professionally. But he can not be everywhere at once and they have many cars/trucks coming through that shop on a daily basis.

If I were you Larry, I would be taking LOTS of pictures of the interior and other issues and get a hold of the Manager of the dealership and talk to him/her one on one and show the issues and see what happens.

Hey DLP

I know. There was a foot of snow on the car and I only noticed half of the stuff when I was putting the gauges back in. Alot of the stuff that I noticed you would not know of unless you were right under the dash. I admit I am making a mountain out of a mole hill but I am soooooo frustrated. I am sure that **** will make things right. I am heading there right after work to have them look at it. I would just like them to clean the interior and fix some of the stuff they left off the car. Oh and fix that vac leak. I got pissed mostly when I saw bolts missing from the peddle assembly which by the way is bolted to a very expensive part to fix as you all know. So my thoughts were "frack they want this thing to fail again". Now I know with a job like this that not everything will be back in the same place "trust me I know" I've worked on many a classic car but I do expect it to come back close to the same way it went in.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow larry so sorry that you got your car back that way.

now if you do trade in your car i want your headlights i call dibs lol.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:40 PM

Larry I have an idea!!

first how you doing? sorry to hear and read about your car.. Ok heres what you do.. Sell it back to Jekyl and tell him why the fud did he sell you such a car?? ..

ya I know I'm no help sorry.. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:07 PM

in stead of people ripping on Larry for what "he should of done" maybe we can all have some sympathy. How would you guys feel if it happened to you? What happened... happened... all we can hope for now is that **** does the right thing and cleans the car up for him and fixes the the small issues that they left.

larry... I know how **** you are. I've seen your car, its mint. I'd be just as pissed/frustrated. I'd definately go after them to get them to clean that **** up and take care of it for you.

Good luck, again.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Hey DLP

I know. There was a foot of snow on the car and I only noticed half of the stuff when I was putting the gauges back in. Alot of the stuff that I noticed you would not know of unless you were right under the dash. I admit I am making a mountain out of a mole hill but I am soooooo frustrated. I am sure that **** will make things right. I am heading there right after work to have them look at it. I would just like them to clean the interior and fix some of the stuff they left off the car. Oh and fix that vac leak. I got pissed mostly when I saw bolts missing from the peddle assembly which by the way is bolted to a very expensive part to fix as you all know. So my thoughts were "frack they want this thing to fail again". Now I know with a job like this that not everything will be back in the same place "trust me I know" I've worked on many a classic car but I do expect it to come back close to the same way it went in.
Yeah I hear ya bro. Sometimes you do not notice things until later. Good thing you caught them earlier rather then later.

And if ANYONE thinks I am not giving sympathy here, you better give your head a shake. I completely understand where he is coming from because I had to deal with the same issues with Toyota, but they screwed up internally on my drivetrain. I had an even bigger hill to climb because it is a lot harder to prove that the problem was something that they did. BUT I did come out on top and got everything fixed/replaced without putting a penny down.

So Larry....I wish you the best of luck and make sure to keep us informed.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:53 PM

wasnt pointing fingers at anyone, just saying in general
Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 PM

I know bro.

Just clearing the air.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
wow larry so sorry that you got your car back that way.

now if you do trade in your car i want your headlights i call dibs lol.
I'll see what I can do. If I can there yours for 150 bucks cause the com with PIAA bulbs.

I talked to Scott at **** after work and he has seen everything that needs fixing/replacing and agreed with me when I said that when I bring my car in I expect it back in the same condition. I am going there on Wednesday to talk to the service manager as Scott suggested. Like I said as long as they fix/replace the things I pointed out I will be happy.

I am still trading her in though. I am just waiting on financing.

Last edited by Kaisoboy; 04-21-2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-21-2008, 09:19 PM

I'll see what I can do. If I can there yours for 150 bucks cause the com with PIAA bulbs.

I talked to Scott at **** after work and he has seen everything that needs fixing/replacing and agreed with me when I said that when I bring my car in I expect it back in the same condition. I am going there on Wednesday to talk to the service manager as Scott suggested. Like I said as long as they fix/replace the things I pointed out I will be happy.

mustang still?!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:20 PM

give me a smokin deal on your interceptor!!??
Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 PM

larry im sorry to hear. id def be choked. and i agree with you totally, yah your supposed to check your car when you get it back but you dont tear it apart trying to find things that are missing, usually you would expect everything be in the same condition... ******* dealerships man i swear there isnt a single good one out there.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by tkaugh29
larry im sorry to hear. id def be choked. and i agree with you totally, yah your supposed to check your car when you get it back but you dont tear it apart trying to find things that are missing, usually you would expect everything be in the same condition... ******* dealerships man i swear there isnt a single good one out there.
agreed. sucks.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i do have a stock set untouched around here somewhere. but ya i can do that just keep me in the loop.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:01 PM

So what are you looking to buy Larry?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 PM

i can see larry cruising around in a nice honda fit.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 PM

smart car
Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 PM

nah smart cars are lame, honda fits are cooool.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 PM

how bout i mod a smart car... and u mod a honda fit.. and we race for pinks?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 PM

haha deal, your first mod would have to be a wheelie bar though haah. smart cars look like if they had any power they would just flip over.

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread