Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kasper_17
ya its tough to always get people together and all show up, but im sure if we had 10 trip to med hat for a weekend, it would still be a pretty good time and scene...
yeah we have a pretty close car scene here. its a pretty small city so everyone knows everyone whose into cars and we all get along good. Theres some verrryyy high horsepower cars in progress right now. (not balts, a few jdm cars)
Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
unfortunately IMHO Cobalt guys seem to be flaky at best (sorry guys it's the truth);
I tried to get a whole bunch of up to meet up at Race City earlier this year, and I think I had a list of like twenty people who said they were coming;
Less than ten showed up.
i bet if we decided to set a couple of dates for a road trip down to the hat... i bet we would have at least 6-7 cars for sure going.... you know both of us would go, graham, kris, i am fairly sure steve and tjay would go... i think pickles would come... then it would be alright if some of these newer guys came out... if we went like once a month... the turn out southern alberta wide would be excellent as the year progresses..... now if we could convince jade, jordan and his brother in law from red deer.... to come hey hey we have a meet going....

as a side thought we could alternate between med hat and edm, each month...
also it would be great if the sask boys came out again....

Last edited by jrmotosports 88; 10-25-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
i bet if we decided to set a couple of dates for a road trip down to the hat... i bet we would have at least 6-7 cars for sure going.... you know both of us would go, graham, kris, i am fairly sure steve and tjay would go... i think pickles would come... then it would be alright if some of these newer guys came out... if we went like once a month... the turn out southern alberta wide would be excellent as the year progresses..... now if we could convince jade, jordan and his brother in law from red deer.... to come hey hey we have a meet going....

as a side thought we could alternate between med hat and edm, each month...
also it would be great if the sask boys came out again....
I like this idea! would looove for some balts to come down! theres really only 3 people that are into cobalts in the hat. one black TC that has a few minor things done, and the red SC that has close to the same amount done as me. but neither of them really cruise or come out to talk or anything. so it would be great to have people to talk to and meet with!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I think you're setting the bar too high.

I only saw/heard of pickles coming out once this year...
Steve has either voiced financial woes, or just doesn't want to hang around some of the group...
Kris, has also repeatedly voiced financial woes (and the build he seems to be gearing up for won't help him either!)...
Tjay has only made it out once (iirc)...
Then there's the fact that Graham normally has Cloe(?sp) in-tow ~ typically little kids & 6 hour drives don't work...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this happen, but purely based on what I've seen this past year, I won't be holding my breath...

To recap what we did this year;
Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
jrmotorsports
soulfyz
and myself went to a show & shine toegther...

I was the only one to drive down to the Street Wheelers weekend (met up with redjohn, who is nether red, nor drives a red car btw)...

Jrmotorsports
kissrocker
Calgarybalt went to the Mr Detail S&S...

and with more than a month of planning to following poeple met up on July 30th at race city;
Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
jrmotorsports
soulfyz
daedlus (?sp; drives euro-trash now )
pickles (did not run)
and myself

later on;
Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
Bluebalt99
jrmotorsports (did not run)
myself all met up at Race City and went out afterwards;
outtamymind was @ RC too - but declined an offer to hang out with and race with us
sylverSS was there too, but didn't have his car in tow...

I might have missed a name from the july 30th RC event... but that pretty much sums it up for any newbies...

oh yeah, then there's the street r'ing crew that meets up nearly every saturday evening through the summer...
some of you guys show up semi-regularly, but I abstain from going there becasue I don't want to be on any police database of suspected street racers...

I'm really hoping that now that these cars are al discontinued, that the "scene" will settle down, and we get more people who are interested in meeting up & whatnot... something that I've deduced being a problem associated with newer car buyers...
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 PM

na i bet next year will be better.... you also have to remember that there was alot of bs this last year.... with many things local, which seams to have worked itself out.... also the huge failure of the wccm 10.... i hope that 2011 gets back to the way things should be....
Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 PM

has a location been set for 2011?

I think I read somewhere about SK??
Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned

Steve has either voiced financial woes, or just doesn't want to hang around some of the group...
Kris, has also repeatedly voiced financial woes (and the build he seems to be gearing up for won't help him either!)...
Then there's the fact that Graham normally has Cloe(?sp) in-tow ~ typically little kids & 6 hour drives don't work...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this happen, but purely based on what I've seen this past year, I won't be holding my breath...

Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
jrmotorsports
soulfyz

I was the only one to drive down to the Street Wheelers weekend (met up with redjohn, who is nether red, nor drives a red car btw)...

Jrmotorsports
kissrocker

and with more than a month of planning to following poeple met up on July 30th at race city;
Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
jrmotorsports
soulfyz
pickles (did not run)
and myself

later on;
Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
Bluebalt99
outtamymind was @ RC too - but declined an offer to hang out with and race with us

I might have missed a name from the july 30th RC event... but that pretty much sums it up for any newbies...

oh yeah, then there's the street r'ing crew that meets up nearly every saturday evening through the summer...
some of you guys show up semi-regularly, but I abstain from going there becasue I don't want to be on any police database of suspected street racers...

I'm really hoping that now that these cars are al discontinued, that the "scene" will settle down, and we get more people who are interested in meeting up & whatnot... something that I've deduced being a problem associated with newer car buyers...
I was at race city 4 times this year, all later on in the year, and came out to timmys once. I had a very busy summer and had alot of **** on the go, hence i wasnt home for one weekend at all before i started coming out. I have a very busy job that works through the weekend in lots of cases and i have friends and family that i have comitments for, so dont call us out and say were flaky. I have lots of **** on the go and i make it out when i can. End of story. Comments like this is why people dont come out.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:02 PM

i was guilty of not gettin out, but i had previous commitments, i was busy with lacrosse all summer and visiting family, friends, gf... Sometimes it just doesnt always work out well, and there was alot of bs. I do hope to make it out to funtions more and want to meet some more people, i need to put some faces to names!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99
... I have lots of **** on the go and i make it out when i can. End of story. Comments like this is why people dont come out.
that comment wasn't directed to you;

there was absolutely no need to take offense.

did you read the post that jrmotorsports made which I replied to?

i was guilty of not gettin out, ...
I fully realize your responce wasn kinda because ot Tjay's, but my quoted post wasn't made to offend - no one needs to justify their schedule...

drama from this past year aside, I just got the feeling like many virtually did the old "gotta wash my hair" excuse... and neither of you two are in that group.

if you haven't a clue what I'm talking about (since this was almost entirely directed towards the suggestion that a group of us would go one weekend to Edmonton, then Medicine Hat; read the Race City July 30th thread I made...
there were ALOT of people who said they were going to go, but flaked out at the last minute...

again, that's nothing that I posted with the intent to offend - just an ongoing trend I was observing this past year with the Cobalt group...
Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 PM

not saying you were offensive. I was actually agreeing with you and putting myself in with the group of flaking out sometimes cause I know there was one or two times i said i was comin out and didn't/forgot/ or couldn't at the last minute.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 PM

hey... im no longer a new member!!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:30 PM

Thanks guys for the welcome!

I'm excited to get to work on my black 2010 Cobalt. I've already been looking at rims online. I spotted something that I really like to get for the summer KXWheels : KMC Wheels KM660 Zero Black - Custom Wheels, Rims, and Tires in Canada I'd be interested in getting feedback and some opinions.

Also, to anyone that does electrical work, I am currently employed at an electrical wholesaler. I'm not sure what I could get my hands on but I know we can order pretty much any type of wire or bulb. I could look into what is available and what price I could get fi anyone is interested.

And since I am new to this, I'll welcome any pointers and suggestions.

Oh, and blame Graham for everything!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:19 PM

those wheels look sick man.. definately be unique!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:27 PM

those wheels look sick man.. definately be unique!
Thanks! I looked at everything on that site, and only those ones really spoke to me. The more I look at them the more I want them on my car!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i've expressed financial woe's as well as time constraints as well as my car not being up to par. also working 2 jobs 6 days a week 12 hour days doesn't exactly scream i want to race.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned

Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
jrmotorsports
soulfyz

Jrmotorsports
kissrocker

Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
jrmotorsports
soulfyz
pickles (did not run)
and myself

later on;
Kissrocker
CalgaryBalt
Bluebalt99

Hells Ya I was at every cobalt event this yr!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

Justin? how do you plan on getting 20's on your car? I have the biggest rims in calgary ( im pretty sure) and I know that any bigger and that would be ridiculous
Old 10-25-2010, 10:37 PM

I'd be up for a few road trips! I'm originally from NB, and I've been in Calgary for just over 3 years. I'd love to get out of the city and see more places around here. Besides, I only need the slightest inclination of an excuse and I'm in my car driving!

Some places I'd be interested in would be Lethbridge, Lloydminster, Edmonton, southern Saskatchewan, and even Kelowna, BC. I have friends or family in those places, whether or not there's a Cobalt there is another issue. If any of these places are a possibility, count me in!

I've been on the Greyhound through Medicine Hat a few times, nice place! I'd be up for that as well.

And because ideas tend to grow exponentially in my brain, what are the possibilities of a trans Canada tour. Again, I'm just ready to pounce on any excuse to drive, so ignore me if I'm being unreasonably ambitious.

`J
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by CalgaryBalt
Justin? how do you plan on getting 20's on your car? I have the biggest rims in calgary ( im pretty sure) and I know that any bigger and that would be ridiculous
I'm sure I can find something similar, or even better, down the road. Right now, I like the look of those. Besides, you seriously think I'm going to out do you? ... so soon. Give it time.

`J
Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 PM

So for you sports fans, specifically hockey, my sister's hockey team is havin a loser pool fundraiser. What it is, is you pick one team to lose out of the saturday night nhl schedule, and if you are correct you continue to the next week. All it costs is $10 to enter and the jackpot for one they did earlier this year was over $2600! so that's a pretty dam good investment of $10 if you win! Picks have to be emailed in by wednesday night, otherwise you get the first team on the list by default. This will potentially start November 13. The pot is predicted to be the same if not higher due to high amounts of interest again and people buying multiple to increase their chances... Shoot me a message if anyone here would be interested in this. If you win thats a nice present for your car!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:28 PM

hey guys;

I was at a local car club meeting where this comming friday's tentatively scheduled Secret Street was brought up;

apparently, Rick is ready to pony up, and make this friday happen...

BUT

you need to email him, or post up on the Secret Street Calgary facebook site.

I have family I am picking up from the airport @ roughly 4:30, I could show up, to hang out - but I don't want to race...

Can anyone else please post up on the facebook page?

Login | Facebook
We are thinking about holding the last Secret Street event for 2010 on Friday October 29.
This would be to show Mayor Nenshi what goes on at Race City on a Friday night and how important this Facility is to us.

It is important to have a very large turnout.

So far we are just checking and a decision will be made early next week.
If you would attend, could you please let us know here.
Many thanks.
Please post up & show your support for this event!

Graham, your friend Shylow made a post that made e laugh;
Originally Posted by Shylow
pretty sure im getting my license taken away for going 54 over so i am coming for sure, look for black cobalt pink rims
Yikes!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:32 PM

Sorry cant make it to that.. gonna be on the road to med hat for the weekend
Old 10-25-2010, 11:49 PM

Well i'd be interested in going to RaceCity for a meet if anyone was interested, Kris i'f the do one last SecretStreet i'll race you if you want.

Justin, just browsing on that site, nice looking rims very unique, if you do end up with them, bring them to the shop let me put them on, I like working on all the custom rims

Graham, i've seen a 'Balt with 22's, it can be done, doesn't look too good though. That's just my opinion though
Old 10-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

I have seen the 22's too. and they look horendous. I would possibly consider 20's but in reality 19's are as big as one should go with a balt, and trust me I KNOW
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 AM

i wanna thank saskdeltas for coming over.. it is always nice to meet the boys from sask.... your always welcome to come over when your in town... as for this meet thing i am sure me and jonathan agree on one thing... that is we both like to see more of a turn out in the future... we all have lives and personal issue that dont allow us to make it to every meet... however i know that it is possible for better turnouts... thats all we are really saying... as for going on road trips, this group in the past has shown to me that not only are they game but we also have a blast doing it.... me and saskdelta were talking about the subject of meeting in med hat once a month or even two months... he feels like i do that not only will the s ab crowd will go but so will some of the sask boys too... we also had a quick conversation about a wccm 2011 and i know we both agree that it is something that i think we all missed this year.... the whole disaster of wccm 2010 was a bad thing for this area and site... lets face it anyways the original meet was nothing but ab and sask and it was a great meet... we thought that both med hat and saskatoon were excellent choices... and lets make it a weekend deal too... so there is more then racing to do.... like get drunk and fishing!!!! lol i really think that this area is capable of having a very strong group... with the vets like steve, tjay, pickles.... to the new guys like justin, crazynewf, and supermanbalt.... all people in between we can have strong showings again.... lets just say this was a bad year... this is my 2 cents if you dont like too ******* bad lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

i kid, i kid!!!!

btw jonathan i cant leave a mess on facebook due to i have no fb acct... however i would go, as for racing only if my dp is on the car and running lol....

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread