Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Proposal for Calgary meet September 1st.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*feels a cobaltss fight club brewin... *grins evilly* lol
Old 08-16-2006, 10:14 PM

yo man serious though the guy is a snap case
Old 08-16-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by MrGriffithDW

which one was Leafy at the meet? (description of appearance)
and which one was griffith (description of appearance)
Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 PM

mrgriffith hahah myself

black guy int he suit!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:32 PM

mrgriffith hahah myself

black guy int he suit!

Ok Griffith, No offense, but you seem to be very vocal and opinionated on these forums, but I do not remember being so during the meet. I barely remember you being there. This is most likely because you werent being very social. Im sure most people can remember me, but thats becuase im not shy and I tried talking to everyone and seeing their cars.

My point is, I just dont understand why you are getting so serious on here.
For one, we dont have an official car club. Its not a big deal if people show up and go without saying a word.
Also, not everyone is going to get along with each other. Just becuase we all drive the same car does not mean we all have the same personalities, opinions and morals. Everyone needs to realize that.

Once someone jumps up to the plate and makes an official alberta cobalt club and gets a few memebers, then we can get serious about the meets.

But for now, I say just relax and let people do what they want and dont take anything personally.

-Cody
Old 08-16-2006, 10:34 PM

You just need to shut your piehole about the last meet, do that and all will be fine.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
which one was Leafy at the meet? (description of appearance)
and which one was griffith (description of appearance)
Old 08-16-2006, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
Ok Griffith, No offense, but you seem to be very vocal and opinionated on these forums, but I do not remember being so during the meet. I barely remember you being there. This is most likely because you werent being very social. Im sure most people can remember me, but thats becuase im not shy and I tried talking to everyone and seeing their cars.

My point is, I just dont understand why you are getting so serious on here.
For one, we dont have an official car club. Its not a big deal if people show up and go without saying a word.
Also, not everyone is going to get along with each other. Just becuase we all drive the same car does not mean we all have the same personalities, opinions and morals. Everyone needs to realize that.

Once someone jumps up to the plate and makes an official alberta cobalt club and gets a few memebers, then we can get serious about the meets.

But for now, I say just relax and let people do what they want and dont take anything personally.

-Cody

good post, see thats the active criticsm i can take from people!!! respect jekyl, well whos going to jump on the band wagon for making acc(alberta cobalt club)
Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Leafy
You just need to shut your piehole about the last meet, do that and all will be fine.
you on the other hand who says piehole????
Old 08-16-2006, 11:01 PM

you on the other hand who says piehole????

Yeah, in otherwords, Yap, trap, bouche, lips, The human mouth.

If you're not sure what that is, then I suggest you look in the mirror and find the place you'd stick pie into... that place I guess is up to you.

If you want to be more of a dork, by all means, this conversation though is back on topic after this post.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:49 PM

Jekyl, you know I was just thinking liek 2 minutes ago, I should have taken your offer to try your stage 4 clutch. Next time eh

In retrospect I think we underestimated the whole last meet. I certainly didn't expect to see 21 cars at one point. Especially with the weather. Talk about cool!

Back on topic. I may be able to make this meet on Sept. 1st. Not sure yet, but it is an option.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:56 PM

good post, see thats the active criticsm i can take from people!!! respect jekyl, well whos going to jump on the band wagon for making acc(alberta cobalt club)

thanks.

now you two need to settle this over a race or something lol. Black SS vs Black SS.

And no you cant borrow MY black ss
Old 08-17-2006, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
aight guys lets just chill this puppy out.

I see what you mean about the long weekend. with my job that kinda thing doesnt make a huge difference so i rarely take notice of when the long weekends are.

so, lets talk about September 8, 9, 10.

Also I dont know what response would be to me personally, but i generally have enough time to spare to handle setting up a club for us if people are truely interested in making it more official. I didnt get a huge chance to make an impression on many people, but i have a background in organisational and leadership training. I spent 3 years with the RAAF in fighter training school as an officer, and i can work my way around a computer quite well, Since names were a problem i guess you may remember me as the guy with the eyelids on the black ss/sc.

Anyways, so yeah, Friday the 8th will be my last opening before my trip back to Aus, so lets hear some response on availability.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can make sept 8th weekend

1. An0malous

I Cannot make Sept 8th weekend

Old 08-17-2006, 12:03 PM

Jekly, you know im in for the alberta club

I can make sept 8th weekend

1. An0malous
2. Apex - Wayne (goin camping on the 1st)

Old 08-17-2006, 05:49 PM

What ever you guys do never take me serious unless its about our cars.. I'm not a fighter, I'm a driver.. lol lol..

Anyways ya I'd be down I think for a meet in Cow town on the 8th!!! My cars getting lowered this Friday so it would be nice to meet up with some of you guys/gals again as long as the weather aint as bad as our wet meet in Eddyton... And if we could? lets make the meet start time for more a day timeish start as I'd like to see the sites etc around Calgary if we go cruizin!! And yes makin a vid oh god yes makin a vid.. lol I think I'm going to talk to my dealership here and ask if they wouldnt mind trying to get those buying the SS a little "hmmm I like the sounds of a Cobalt club" I do mean all of course not just the S/C and N/A SS..

Ok enough blabberin from me.. Have a nice weekend all
Old 08-19-2006, 12:53 PM

Red face

Hey! So obviously I'm new here.. I don't actually have a Cobalt, my bf does. We went with my buddies to a NECC (Nissan) meet last weekend. Mf bf absolutely loved it and wanted to find a Chev Car Club in the area. He's been busy though so he hasn't done much research.

To the point.. is this meet just for people in your car club or can anyone attend? I'd love to be like 'I have to go to Calgary for (insert reason here). Can you drive me down?' and give him the address and BAM theres a shitload of cars like his baby. Do you guys race drag or with pylons and turns? Do you need an approved helmet to race as well? Like I said I'm new to this so I'm completely ignorant to the lifestyle.. all I really know is what I saw at the Nissan meet.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by tinyTank
Hey! So obviously I'm new here.. I don't actually have a Cobalt, my bf does. We went with my buddies to a NECC (Nissan) meet last weekend. Mf bf absolutely loved it and wanted to find a Chev Car Club in the area. He's been busy though so he hasn't done much research.

To the point.. is this meet just for people in your car club or can anyone attend? I'd love to be like 'I have to go to Calgary for (insert reason here). Can you drive me down?' and give him the address and BAM theres a shitload of cars like his baby. Do you guys race drag or with pylons and turns? Do you need an approved helmet to race as well? Like I said I'm new to this so I'm completely ignorant to the lifestyle.. all I really know is what I saw at the Nissan meet.
were planning on doing some legal drag at castrol or callgarys race way,

never thgought about autox
Old 08-19-2006, 05:24 PM

Calgary sports car club!!

They do auto cross and all you need is a approved helmet and a sound car!! Your then pitted against cars in your class and with certain mods to make it fair!!! Sadly someone complained here in RD about the noise so they don't do that here at the westerner grounds anymore ... But look at the clubs website and then you'll find out more..

Braggin rights will truly be discussed after all pretty much anyone can go in a straight line,lol..
Old 08-20-2006, 01:41 AM
MadcanucK

8,9,10 would be perfect for me since im heading out to calgary that weekend anyways to get my windows tinted...and for my brothers bday.... just gotta remember to book those days off...
Old 08-20-2006, 01:42 AM
MadcanucK

1. An0malous
2. Apex - Wayne (goin camping on the 1st)
3. Madcanuck

Old 08-20-2006, 02:31 AM
Banned

WHATS THIS COBALT CLUB BULLSH*T !!!!!!!!!!

how about an alberta LSJ CLUB??? for real.....and if leafy and mcgriff are gonna race, ill let leafy borrow my beast and its 19 psi
Old 08-20-2006, 02:43 AM

I can make september 8th.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by mattyfinch
WHATS THIS COBALT CLUB BULLSH*T !!!!!!!!!!

how about an alberta LSJ CLUB??? for real.....and if leafy and mcgriff are gonna race, ill let leafy borrow my beast and its 19 psi
+1 for the LSJ club!

Tiny Tank, to drag race here in Calgary, you need a helmet with a minimum rating of Snell M1995. Although I don't autoX, I imagine they'll want to same type of helmet too.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:27 PM

I will be happy to take part in organizing a club....... As long as I have help lol! I can do it! Anyways.. I haven't been able to post much on here cause my comp is broken and I'm using my dads SO.... keep me posted please!

Quick Reply: Proposal for Calgary meet September 1st.