Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Saskatoon and Area 2009 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting.... is it a dyno tune?? and how much more power are u making over stock ill shop locally if the results are the same as trifecta i just hear alot of good things about their tune thats why i was gonna go with them. also i talked with vince and he said that as of current gm ecm testing the multi-stage tune is 100% undetectable its hidden in the competitive mode and you can turn it on and off when you want.

ITS HERE !!!! gm just released the stage one kit to dealers does anyone know any dealers that install stage kits in sask.?? hhhmmmm... trifecta.... hp tuners.... or gm tune?? SO MANY CHOICES!!

Last edited by DangerZone; 10-20-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-20-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by DangerZone
interesting.... is it a dyno tune?? and how much more power are u making over stock ill shop locally if the results are the same as trifecta i just hear alot of good things about their tune thats why i was gonna go with them. also i talked with vince and he said that as of current gm ecm testing the multi-stage tune is 100% undetectable its hidden in the competitive mode and you can turn it on and off when you want.

ITS HERE !!!! gm just released the stage one kit to dealers does anyone know any dealers that install stage kits in sask.?? hhhmmmm... trifecta.... hp tuners.... or gm tune?? SO MANY CHOICES!!
its not dyno tune most are street tunes with hp tuner man... much better than a can tune in my opinion
Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The last Turbo SS I tuned went from running 99-101mph at SIR to 109mph. (stock SS/TC's here are running these mph's) No tune is able to be hidden from the GM boys if they look. I know, I use the Tech2 at work all the time. The only way is to flash back to stock. They will not look for a tune unless they suspect something unusual.
When I do tuning or Omega for that matter, we tune on the road, this is where you use the car all the time and is a real world condition, I have tuned on the dyno and have a fair bit of chassis dyno experience. I also have a chassis dyno available to me if it matters that much.
I have a couple of projects on the go right now, tomorrow I start on a 09 SRT8 6.1L Challenger, putting on some KOOKS headers and a intercooled procharger. And building a sweet 408 LSX that is going to be retarded!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:09 PM

Even flashing back to stock with HPT the checksums will be different on the ECM. Tech2 should pick that up as well.

We've dyno tuned my redline.... a few times. Nothing that I can't do on the street.

Mike... here's that stuff about the LS6/LS7 intake mani swaps. I guess there's some water pump and throttle clearance issues http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/front...e-swap-12.html

Last edited by raptors_67; 10-20-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by raptors_67
Even flashing back to stock with HPT the checksums will be different on the ECM. Tech2 should pick that up as well.
According to RWTD on HPT forums, the CVN's will remain the same, if flashed back to the OEM tune.
Besides that... I'm not sure what would change.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheCaptain
Snakes, Sask doesn't suck for tint, just Stoon. The cops there are all of a sudden **** this year about it. Must be some kind of recession help for them or something. *thumbsdown
Ah, my bad. Just sucks its so strict. I was always iffy on tint on the front windows until i talked to jody and he told me, basically the way the cops work here is if you dont act like a retard they dont bother you.

About the tuning. What does it matter if gm see's it...unless they can prove that whatever issue you are there for was caused by the tune, it wont matter and wont void your warrenty. They have to prove it caused it...for example. My end links broke...i had lower springs, dealership couldnt prove 100% that my springs caused the issue so my warrenty worked.

As most of you know, i had a rough tune on my Stage 2 set up. Went in for a compression check and few other things...tune was causing the issue, i had to pay $111 that day. I had alot of issues with my cobalt...more then i should have. But that was the only issue that i actual had to pay for.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:57 AM

Good news everyone! I signed for my new SRX today! I was only able to knock about $4000 off sticker with it being such a new vehicle, or i just really suck at bargaining...! But she is supposed to arrive shortly after christmas!! Now i can't wait!
Caribbean Blue Metallic, 20" Chrome Tech Aluminum rims, AWD, 3.0 DI. Nav, heated/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, ultraview sunroof! I love this thing and i don't even have it yet!!
Here's a pic for those of you who don't know the colour...
Old 10-21-2009, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
About the tuning. What does it matter if gm see's it...unless they can prove that whatever issue you are there for was caused by the tune, it wont matter and wont void your warrenty. They have to prove it caused it...for example. My end links broke...i had lower springs, dealership couldnt prove 100% that my springs caused the issue so my warrenty worked.
Seeing as we live in Canada... the Magnuson Moss warranty act doesn't protect us... and we don't have an act that of the style up here either.

While the dealership must prove that the modification caused the damage, there is no clean way of getting them to fix the part under warranty. They can make you jump through all kind of hoops to get the work done.
Tuning is an even bigger problem, as the dealership can claim that the onboard safety engine features, emissions system, etc, etc can be compromised by the calibration change, thus causing damage.

Good news everyone! I signed for my new SRX today! I was only able to knock about $4000 off sticker with it being such a new vehicle, or i just really suck at bargaining...! But she is supposed to arrive shortly after christmas!! Now i can't wait!
Caribbean Blue Metallic, 20" Chrome Tech Aluminum rims, AWD, 3.0 DI. Nav, heated/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, ultraview sunroof! I love this thing and i don't even have it yet!!
Awesome!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Banned

Here's a pic for those of you who don't know the colour...

I really like thar colour. You probably could have gotten them to lower the price abit more. Within 2 mins i got them to lower $5000 off my 370z and by the final deal i got a total of $10,000 off the total price. Just remember....they only make money if they sell the car...so they will lower the price that is acceptable.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:50 AM

Yea, i tried. It's too new, just like the new Camaro, you can only get 1000 off sticker plus GM loyalty. Then i traded in my old Caprice for Cash for clunkers.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:42 PM

Thanks Scott, I already have all that stuff, good find though, I have everything off the 99 vette and the rest is bolt on. What they are talking about is in the trucks it doesnt work. Will work with the front drive setup of the LS1 in the vette. Ordered everything today. Going to machine shop in three weeks.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rippin07
Thanks Scott, I already have all that stuff, good find though, I have everything off the 99 vette and the rest is bolt on. What they are talking about is in the trucks it doesnt work. Will work with the front drive setup of the LS1 in the vette. Ordered everything today. Going to machine shop in three weeks.
I think there's still fitment issues on the ls1's water pump though? One other thing I can't find out is if the heads on the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0 are different? I'm thinking they probably are so you probably have a buyer for the 6.0 heads if you end up gettin rid of em.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:14 PM

]
Congrats dude!! I know how you feel, I ordered my 2010 recently and it should also arrive early spring.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by raptors_67
I think there's still fitment issues on the ls1's water pump though? One other thing I can't find out is if the heads on the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0 are different? I'm thinking they probably are so you probably have a buyer for the 6.0 heads if you end up gettin rid of em.
4.8's and 5.3's share the same heads.
6.0's are different.

I take it we all have our own LS block projects on the go.... hey?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Omega_5
4.8's and 5.3's share the same heads.
6.0's are different.

I take it we all have our own LS block projects on the go.... hey?
Well I was thinking of swapping to a 6.0 or even going as far as doing a 408 build since it's pretty damn cheap. But then I see guys making over 500 whp on the 4.8 with just a cam, fueling and running about 11 psi on turbo setups so why really bother with a 6.0 swap? I just don't think even staying with a 4l60e trans. on the 6.0 that fuel mileage is going to be very good.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dj_BuCa
Congrats dude!! I know how you feel, I ordered my 2010 recently and it should also arrive early spring.

What 2010 are you getting Jordan? Camaro??? Equinox? Silverado?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:13 PM

What 2010 are you getting Jordan? Camaro??? Equinox? Silverado?
2010 Summit white TC.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:16 PM

Ahh, soon it's only going to be white TC's all driving around Stoon! Nobody is going to be able to find their car in the snow!
Congrats on the purchase!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Banned

Anyone thinking on going for coffee tonight?? I"ll be back in Stoon got to pickup the car tonight finally
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Anybody replace brake pads yet? I'm in need of some front pads. Wondering what brand to get......
Old 11-10-2009, 04:48 PM

I just got some eBay ones, and they work as good as stock. So my guess is anything brand name would be an improvement.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alpine_Canada
Anybody replace brake pads yet? I'm in need of some front pads. Wondering what brand to get......
I'd get rid of the shitty stock rotors too if you're going to do pads. Mine are warped somethin terrible with under 40,000 km on the clock.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:19 PM

Hey guys, Im from PA, and im looking for TC's that my dealer can bring in because in my situation right now, I can only really buy from them. Any new Sedans or even coupes kicking around on lots?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 AM

im in seriuos need of front brake pads they are screwed only have 43k on my car but o well i just wondering what would be best pads i can get for a decent price?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by jestinG5
Hey guys, Im from PA, and im looking for TC's that my dealer can bring in because in my situation right now, I can only really buy from them. Any new Sedans or even coupes kicking around on lots?
They are all over the place. Your dealer should be able to search his dealership database with the options you want, and can then do a dealer transfer. If he is making you search for them because he is too lazy to use his own computer system, you need another salesman. The last 2 new cars I bought were dealer trades like this. It is common.

Originally Posted by stoon_cobalt_colby
im in seriuos need of front brake pads they are screwed only have 43k on my car but o well i just wondering what would be best pads i can get for a decent price?
I went the ebay route so as to get rid of the rotors too. They have both lasted over a year with no issues. http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=coba...dmd=1&_ipg=200

If you are insisting on keeping the horrible stock rotors and getting brand name pads, I'd go for EBC, or any of those offered by vendors on here.

PS: I think these are the exact ones I have. The coating is nic e, keeps the non-rubbed parts of the rotors looking really nice http://cgi.ebay.ca/04-05-CHEVROLET-C...item3c99cb346f

Quick Reply: Saskatoon and Area 2009 Chat Thread