Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

Anyone nearby with hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spoke with Danny at JD Racing and booked my tuning Date for March 31st, you can meet me if you want and both travel up togather, cant see it being very difficult, he can tune my car and then pretty much do the exact same things to yours right after. Actually my tune will be slightly different becuase of my meth.

Its a Monday, I am taking the day off work so that I can ensure that he wasnt busy
Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 PM

March 31, Ill see man. I'm not sure if i'll be driving the car yet or not by then. And my stage 2 isn't on yet it's sitting in the box until winter is over but I had planned to have it on before I drove it anyways.

Have you any idea how much it is going to cost?, I know JD Racing are like the best in the Maritimes, so I wanna jump on this lol

Also just wondering how hard those Poly Trans Mounts were to install?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by xmusic_addictx
March 31, Ill see man. I'm not sure if i'll be driving the car yet or not by then. And my stage 2 isn't on yet it's sitting in the box until winter is over but I had planned to have it on before I drove it anyways.

Have you any idea how much it is going to cost?, I know JD Racing are like the best in the Maritimes, so I wanna jump on this lol

Also just wondering how hard those Poly Trans Mounts were to install?

The trans mounts were not difficult at all, but you will need to trim one side of each mount in order for them to fit in, but mostly you need some basic hand tools and some jack stands. I also recommend some petrolium jelly to help the mounts slide in easier.

Danny normally charges $580/day for tuning, plus additional $ for the HP Tuner credits. I am the first car he will have tuned using this program so I am getting a bit of a deal on the tuning, hopfully it wont be even close to a days worth of tuning, but if you hold off on going then, i cant see it being a matter of being expensive for you becuase you could just use my HP Tune as a starting point and he could make some fine tuning to it for your car.

If the weather is crappy on the 31st I will hold off for a week or two, I will keep you updated as to the date. I also have my poly trans mounts for sale if you want to buy them, I will sell them for $30 for both front and rear.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by QuikSilverSS
The trans mounts were not difficult at all, but you will need to trim one side of each mount in order for them to fit in, but mostly you need some basic hand tools and some jack stands. I also recommend some petrolium jelly to help the mounts slide in easier.

Danny normally charges $580/day for tuning, plus additional $ for the HP Tuner credits. I am the first car he will have tuned using this program so I am getting a bit of a deal on the tuning, hopfully it wont be even close to a days worth of tuning, but if you hold off on going then, i cant see it being a matter of being expensive for you becuase you could just use my HP Tune as a starting point and he could make some fine tuning to it for your car.

If the weather is crappy on the 31st I will hold off for a week or two, I will keep you updated as to the date. I also have my poly trans mounts for sale if you want to buy them, I will sell them for $30 for both front and rear.
I would deffanately take them off your hands for $30.. pm sent.

Ya, I realize im gonna have to pay the $120? for the credits. But ya keep me posted on that date if you hold off or not. Right now I'm thinking I might make my trip up in April, but if I could use your tune as a base if I did, that would be awesome man.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 AM

I would deffanately take them off your hands for $30.. pm sent.

Ya, I realize im gonna have to pay the $120? for the credits. But ya keep me posted on that date if you hold off or not. Right now I'm thinking I might make my trip up in April, but if I could use your tune as a base if I did, that would be awesome man.

ya once he tweeks my tune he will be able to make some almost identical changes to yours, however therewill be some differences primarily in the PE (Power Enrichment Table) becuase I am going to have my timing bumped up quite a bit becuase I have a methanol injection kit, plus I am going to lean the car out a bit for the meth, otherwise alot will be the same, and after he gets mine tuned he will be able to know what paramiters to change going forward on the GM Stage 2 tune.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Hey Ryan u plan on staying in town after you're done tuning? If so lemme know we can meet up and shoot the ****, not sure i'm going to be able to get the day off or not, lemme know

-Scott
Old 02-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by BlownedSS
Hey Ryan u plan on staying in town after you're done tuning? If so lemme know we can meet up and shoot the ****, not sure i'm going to be able to get the day off or not, lemme know

-Scott
Ya most likely I will, it really depends if the weather continues to be crappy I may need to reschedule to a different date, what day would work for you maybe we can rescheule?

I cant see him needing the car for the whole day, just needs to make some tweaks to the tune...i am going to put my larger throttle body and also install my just purchased 60lb injectors on there as well. I am shooting for 275-280whp.....I have been told thats a feasable goal with my mods and still have the tune run a safe a/f ratio. The meth will net me some good gains once the tuning for it is done.

Love to stick around, I cant wait to see your new ride Scott.... You shoudl put down some good #'s when you are done with it
Old 02-29-2008, 03:50 PM

Yeah we can deffinately work something out, just let me know a week or two in advance when u decide to go

-Scott
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM

I dont know if i can make it for march 31. My car might not be out by then, depending on the weather! I'll keep you updated.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06
I dont know if i can make it for march 31. My car might not be out by then, depending on the weather! I'll keep you updated.
If you don't end up going up on March 31st.. Let me know, cause we can just head up together. But i'm still gonna try to make it in march.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 AM

If you don't end up going up on March 31st.. Let me know, cause we can just head up together. But i'm still gonna try to make it in march.
With the weather the way it is now I think that it is optimistic for March 31st, may need to reschedule for mid April...I still have tons of parts that need to go on the car for the spring. I will keep you in the loop as to when I go.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:27 AM

If you do it for mid april, that would be cool....Dont want to get there and get caught in a storm. BTW...How much is this going to cost me...Let me know.

Thanks..
Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 AM

If you do it for mid april, that would be cool....Dont want to get there and get caught in a storm. BTW...How much is this going to cost me...Let me know.

Thanks..

I am thinking of rescheduling for mid April, there cant be any salt on the road, as he doesnt want any on his dyno

Well if a few of us do it by the day it would be cheaper, normally a full day of tuning is $580, he did say that he would give a deal. Also keep in mid that the stage 2 guys wont have to have tons of things changed in your tune, so the first car will take the longest to get the stage 2 tune right, then the rest should be really quick after that. i also just bought some 60lb injectors that I will have to have him tune in. So at this point I cant say how much, I would say show up with no less than 250 to be safe, Lots more power can be had out of the stage 2 tune with some proper changes, plus the dealer will never know it was changed...he will lean it out for you, make sure you dont get knock with the 91 octane gas, and remove torque mgmt, adjust rev limiters, remove rear O2 sensor if needed, etc... i would say there is a good 10-15whp that can be had extra over the stage 2 tune currently
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM

awesome man....I cant wait, I have to have an exact date so I can book it off from work. Usually requires a month ahead of time.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:02 PM

awesome man....I cant wait, I have to have an exact date so I can book it off from work. Usually requires a month ahead of time.
Ok so what day works for you? Its best that is a friday or Monday for me? I would reschedule so let me know
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM

Friday would be good, will it be the 11th of april, or the 18th of april. So what time would this take place. Me and music addict are going to meet up and come over. Ne and the girlfriend might stay in a hotel friday night, because its such a long drive.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:42 PM

For sure I can reschedule for the 11th of April and we can all meet for a day of tuning
Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Ryan if you reschedule for the 11th and all three of us go up together that day will that be $580ish split three ways?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 AM

Ryan if you reschedule for the 11th and all three of us go up together that day will that be $580ish split three ways?
I will reschedule for the 11th then, i will call him this week and see if it works for him to
Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM

ok, that is awesome. So If all 3 of us go splits, then it will only cost us around $195. Thats cool.

Music addict, how are we gonna do this, your gonna meet me in New Minus or what? are we going up early that morning or the day before? How long is the drive and where is it at. I need to make arrangement for a place to stay.... Let me know asap so I can book the exact time off..

Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 01:00 PM

ok, that is awesome. So If all 3 of us go splits, then it will only cost us around $195. Thats cool.

Music addict, how are we gonna do this, your gonna meet me in New Minus or what? are we going up early that morning or the day before? How long is the drive and where is it at. I need to make arrangement for a place to stay.... Let me know asap so I can book the exact time off..

Thanks

FYI Guys, I rescheduled the tuning date for Friday April 11th. I told him 3 of us are probably attending. Expect the first car to take 3+ hours and then the other 2 will take a good 2.5 hrs to tune. I plan on being there for around 8:30 as I need to have my injectors installed and switch to the larger Throttle body. He said that he can go from 9am to 9pm if needed. My suggestion is to try to show up around 12pm or so for the NS Boys!

Expect the credits for each vehicle to be approx $120 plus a days worth of tuning is $580 / 3 cars

So i would bring at least $350 for safetys sake..he said that he would cut us a deal though so I think we can get him to do it for 250-300 car including HP Tuner credits. This also includes dyno time, so you will see what the before and after affects are from a Hp standpoint

Last edited by QuikSilverSS; 03-12-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-14-2008, 01:25 AM

FYI Guys, I rescheduled the tuning date for Friday April 11th. I told him 3 of us are probably attending. Expect the first car to take 3+ hours and then the other 2 will take a good 2.5 hrs to tune. I plan on being there for around 8:30 as I need to have my injectors installed and switch to the larger Throttle body. He said that he can go from 9am to 9pm if needed. My suggestion is to try to show up around 12pm or so for the NS Boys!

Expect the credits for each vehicle to be approx $120 plus a days worth of tuning is $580 / 3 cars

So i would bring at least $350 for safetys sake..he said that he would cut us a deal though so I think we can get him to do it for 250-300 car including HP Tuner credits. This also includes dyno time, so you will see what the before and after affects are from a Hp standpoint
I think I could make it there for around 12, just gonna have to leave pretty earlier haha.. but i'm deffanately going to be heading up. How close is it to Moncton?

I was actually going to ask you about the dyno time, so every run on the dyno is included in the overall cost? Deffanately willing to pay $350 for this, but well $250 is always better lol

Hopefully I have my rims painted by then, or else I might have to make the journey with unmatching wheels lol.

Thanks
I'm probably going to be driving up that morning, unless I can find somewhere pretty reasonable to stay which I may look into this weekend. But either way if you do wanna meet in New Minas to meet up for the cruise, it probably wouldnt make it such a boring drive.

Last edited by xmusic_addictx; 03-14-2008 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-14-2008, 08:32 AM

Ya Cap Pele is about 15 mins from Moncton, I can send you the directions and give you my cell, so If you need help finding it I can direct you there..its not hard to find.

Ya he tunes the car on the dyno and then drives it on the street afterwards and data logs the car, and then goes back and makes a few changes, etc.. so the car will be on the dyno and on the street a bunch.

I would suggest that you dont run any octane boost that day so that he can accuratly tune to get rid of the knock.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:17 AM

I think I could make it there for around 12, just gonna have to leave pretty earlier haha.. but i'm deffanately going to be heading up. How close is it to Moncton?

I was actually going to ask you about the dyno time, so every run on the dyno is included in the overall cost? Deffanately willing to pay $350 for this, but well $250 is always better lol

Hopefully I have my rims painted by then, or else I might have to make the journey with unmatching wheels lol.

I'm probably going to be driving up that morning, unless I can find somewhere pretty reasonable to stay which I may look into this weekend. But either way if you do wanna meet in New Minas to meet up for the cruise, it probably wouldnt make it such a boring drive.
So I will probably do the same, leave early and come up on the 11th. Are you going to stay up there on the night of the dyno or come back home??
Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 AM

Ya Cap Pele is about 15 mins from Moncton, I can send you the directions and give you my cell, so If you need help finding it I can direct you there..its not hard to find.

Ya he tunes the car on the dyno and then drives it on the street afterwards and data logs the car, and then goes back and makes a few changes, etc.. so the car will be on the dyno and on the street a bunch.

I would suggest that you dont run any octane boost that day so that he can accuratly tune to get rid of the knock.
Alright well i'll probably print off some directions, i'll have no problem getting to Moncton but ya pm me your cell number before the 11th incase we end up getting lost lol I can`t wait to see what your car makes with the 60, 2.7, meth and a tune.

So I will probably do the same, leave early and come up on the 11th. Are you going to stay up there on the night of the dyno or come back home??
That's what i'm not sure of yet. But Ì will look into it this week and get back to you. I mean if we leave NB at around 9pm that will probably put me home around 12-12:30am weather depending. I know your drive is probably going to be a bit longer.

Last edited by xmusic_addictx; 03-14-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Anyone nearby with hp tuners