Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

AutoWorld in Dartmouth = Rip off's

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AutoWorld in Dartmouth = Rip off's

So couple weeks ago i went on a local search to get a new filter for my intake since my current one has over 40,000km on it. Went to AutoWord in dartmouth and asked them if they had any Injen filters. He said he would have to order one but it would be $91. The guy there then said "we have Spectre brand filters, it should work" so i asked him couple questions and he checked online to see if it will fit...same size...2.5. So i asked "if i put it on the car and it doesnt work right for the car, can I return it" he said "yup, no problem, if you have any issues with it just let us know and will give you a refund. But it should work, we used it on tubro cars and alot of other cars"

So i changed the filters, went to NB and back. Car ran like ****. A/F ratio was all over the place (90% of the time it was sitting at 10.0) So my mpg was gone to ****. Car wouldnt run right, CEL was on all the time...it was just horrible. Checked it a couple times to see if maybe it wasnt seeded right...nope it was fine.

So today i finally got the chance to go back over and return it. Talked to the same guy and told him what was going on "yea...we cant return it for you because its used" i said "well no **** its used...it has to be used for me to realise its not working right and you said if it doesnt work right, i can return it" He replied "well we cant accept it if its used...i dont know why it wouldnt work we use it on turbo's" I said "well my car isnt a turbo, my car is a SS/SC...not all cars are the same"

So i dont know who has bought stuff with them and whether they were happy or not. But in my mind, these guys are total rip offs...say something and then lie right to your face.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that suxs i baufght a filter from there a lil while back i havnt had any issues but knowing that i wont go there any more!!!!!!!!!! and i was going to go there today and order some sportlines guess that wont happen.....where else local can i go to get these????
Old 03-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The filter shouldn't have caused that kind of issue. I used Spectres on a few cars with no problems what so ever. Sounds more like you may have installed it TOO far ont eh tube and closed off some of the airflow. Seem a lot of people do that.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Go buy a replacement filter from Injen I guess
Old 03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

yea i was wondering how the filter was causing that problem also...but i took it off and placed it lower and then placed it higher and it was still doing the same thing...guess the car didnt like the filter material or thickness or something. But once i cleaned and put my injen back on it worked fine. Whether it was placed on right or wrong doesnt matter...guy laid to my face. Thats what pisses me off. And ill cont. giving bad rep of that place.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Snakes709
yea i was wondering how the filter was causing that problem also...but i took it off and placed it lower and then placed it higher and it was still doing the same thing...guess the car didnt like the filter material or thickness or something. But once i cleaned and put my injen back on it worked fine. Whether it was placed on right or wrong doesnt matter...guy laid to my face. Thats what pisses me off. And ill cont. giving bad rep of that place.
I think you misunderstood each other. I think he meant that if it didn't fit you could return it, not if used it a bunch. But you know better than I.

My Spectre worked great for 2 months before I sold my intake. But that was on an 06 2.2L
Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

no i asked him when i bought it, if i drive around with it and it doesnt work can i return it. And i told him i need to drive around to see how my tune is going to react to it...Spent like 30mins asking him question about it. He told me if you drive with it and it doesnt work...return it. Now today i didnt tell him how much i drove with it. All i said was i put it on...didnt work. Took it off but i havent been able to bring it back because i been away with the army. And then he gave me all this bs.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Wow. I cant beleive all that from just changing ur filter. I just my oil feed adaptor from them, hopefully that doesnt come in wrong lol
It was probably my step-brother working though haha
Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

As always im not expecting everyone to have bad expeirence with them. I'm just giving out my opinion of them.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:08 PM

The only thing i buy from them is my royal purple, sense crappy tire cant keep it in stock.
they moved to that location and changed their name deom performance autoworld to just autoworld because of they **** they were doing. a buddy of mine went in and was like you guy were performance autoworld right? the guy paused before saying yea.
and because of the **** they are no longer aloud to instal alarms!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:48 PM

was the "replacement" filter expensive? hope you didn't pay as much as they wanted to order the injen lol
Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CobaltSC06
was the "replacement" filter expensive? hope you didn't pay as much as they wanted to order the injen lol
no, luckly it was only $54 for the pos filter