Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia
View Poll Results: Should my SS/SC Enter Speed Sport 2009 Car Show
Moncton Coliseum Complex Show room (Yes)
59.18%
Moncton Coliseum Complex Parking lot (No)
40.82%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Snow = Bad...Need Ideas haha

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow = Bad...Need Ideas haha

well few weeks ago i was going to work...and some idiot blew snow in the middle of the road and he was still at it ... so doing the turn i hit the snow drift from the idiots driveway...2 X 360... Back bumper hits snow wall... 180 ... the rest of the car slams in... get it out... not a scratch ... runs great ...

my problem ... exhaust is busted now... GMPP Touring CatBack... so guess what i need a new exhaust... anyone got any ideas on what i should get... any good Dual Exhaust systems out there or single ones better ?!

love to get point of vues on this ...

next would be should i enter Speed Sport 2009 Car Show this april... i've heard to many mixed comments about my car... so i figured i'd leave it up to the Cobalt Experts on CobaltSS.net to decide...so i'll put a poll up for you to vote...you can check out the mods and pics of my car in my VBgarage the links in my signature... interior is pretty much stock RECARO Seats and CF Trims...pretty much it

and if you have any other ideas for interesting mods i could do befor then let me know haha
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM

pm me jeremie, i ripped a hole in my gmpp exhaust a few months back, it was fixable, i will tell you how
Old 02-12-2009, 12:01 AM

if your gonna get a new exhaust system go dual man. it might have to be custom work but at least you won't have it dragging on the ground like it currently is! that **** is noticeable a km away.

put the car in the show it looks nice
Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by robaurora01
if your gonna get a new exhaust system go dual man. it might have to be custom work but at least you won't have it dragging on the ground like it currently is! that **** is noticeable a km away.

never dual a cobalt its not a skittle lmao
Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by wrathofgod
never dual a cobalt its not a skittle lmao
Couldnt agree more, duals look terrable on our cars, go with a hahn catback if yours isnt fixable, A1 quality and nice sound, same price as a the GMPP with a larger pipe diameter
Old 02-12-2009, 03:59 AM

Jeremie I think your car looks great, and you should enter it in the show! oh and for the exhaust, how about you patch it up, and I'll buy it from you this summer so you can get yourself a new exhaust system :P

Originally Posted by robaurora01

rob, it was his downpipe that was very low to the ground by the way, not his exhaust

Last edited by CobaltSC06; 02-12-2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2009, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by QuikSilverSS
pm me jeremie, i ripped a hole in my gmpp exhaust a few months back, it was fixable, i will tell you how
PM'ed

Originally Posted by CobaltSC06
Jeremie I think your car looks great, and you should enter it in the show! oh and for the exhaust, how about you patch it up, and I'll buy it from you this summer so you can get yourself a new exhaust system :P

rob, it was his downpipe that was very low to the ground by the way, not his exhaust
actualy at the meet it was a bit of both...but i got that fixed... but since the accident its hanging again...so i need to get it up and fix it but i figured i'de wait and see what i can do first
Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 AM

I say enter it, but make sur eyou get some Cobaltss.net decals lol.
im putting my car in i havethe paper work here, and i think Justin is goign to as well if he gets his new clutch and installed.
but one questions, CF interior trim, where did you get it?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by pykie
I say enter it, but make sur eyou get some Cobaltss.net decals lol.
im putting my car in i havethe paper work here, and i think Justin is goign to as well if he gets his new clutch and installed.
but one questions, CF interior trim, where did you get it?
there not Real CF....there homemade....took the stock trims .... and just nicely laid over some CF Vinyl ... just to see how it looks ... now that i like it i'm going to get the airbrushed at some point ... depending on the exhaust situation could be later then sooner

could you PM me the info on the car show...
Old 02-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would consider entering but i would remove the decals you have everywhere. People know its a SS why have decals..on the sunroof? same with injen and w/e is on your rocker.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:35 AM

oh **** i forgot about the exhaust.
where is it broken at?
i wouldnt do a dual cause then you gotta cut the rear bumper and hope that both sides would match and look like it should be there, kinda risky if you ask me.
the pacesetter exhaust is what i have, it cost me $310.00 for it and it founds great, when i 1st had it, it sounded like ass but it needed the work in, once it was worked in i liked it.
and i will pm you now.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by pykie
oh **** i forgot about the exhaust.
where is it broken at?
i wouldnt do a dual cause then you gotta cut the rear bumper and hope that both sides would match and look like it should be there, kinda risky if you ask me.
the pacesetter exhaust is what i have, it cost me $310.00 for it and it founds great, when i 1st had it, it sounded like ass but it needed the work in, once it was worked in i liked it.
and i will pm you now.
i believe theres a gasket gone some where on the exhaust and the resonator i believe is damaged ... i sounds fine from the back it's just when your on the side you can hear its not how the GMPP should sound
Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 AM

just replace the gasket and see how it sounds, and then if the issue is still there, take the resonator off and weld a pipe in to replace it.

but i also agree with the sunroof decals, pear them off. they are like a cartoon style fount at that.

Last edited by pykie; 02-12-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM

if any of you guys wanted the CF interior trim why don't you look at a junked G5 some of them have it heck theres actually one in freddy that is selling the CF interior trim off a junked one for I think it was $30 or $40
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah i say enter it as well!! more cobalts the better!! i plan to be there and support u guys!! in person!! car will be in the p-lot!! lol but i'd love to see some nice cobalts at the show!! ...and i also agree with the decals!! peal em off!! too many decals looks "tacky" (not saying yours is) just i learned back in the olden days a car looks better with none to little decals makes it more "clean" looking!!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:35 PM

Where did you buy the carbon fibre vinyl trim at? may look at doing this to my interior panels as well, do you have some pics of the interior you could post for us?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Where did you buy the carbon fibre vinyl trim at? may look at doing this to my interior panels as well, do you have some pics of the interior you could post for us?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM

agreed, i tried to get CF pannels made by some company and they wouldnt
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Old 02-12-2009, 06:41 PM

bought the vynil....cut it myself .... hell of a job ... wouldn't do it again ... going to get it airbrushed when i got the time lol
Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremie_SS
bought the vynil....cut it myself .... hell of a job ... wouldn't do it again ... going to get it airbrushed when i got the time lol
where did you get it at? what was the cost? how hard was it to do it? do you have pics you could share?

Quess I will just bring it to trim line here in the city to do it for me, if its a pain in the A$%
Old 02-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuikSilverSS
where did you get it at? what was the cost? how hard was it to do it? do you have pics you could share?
I believe u can get it a crappy tire in the auto section...I was trying to get Damien to do it but he hates Cf unless it is the hood
Old 02-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by FloDamien07
I believe u can get it a crappy tire in the auto section...I was trying to get Damien to do it but he hates Cf unless it is the hood
Ya i just want to do the silver trim piece inside my car in the carbon fibre trim. Thanks for the heads up on where to get it
Old 02-12-2009, 08:20 PM

yeah i got it there .... i wanted something cheap that would give me an idea how it would looked....now that i like it ... i'm going to get it airbrushed...i recomend airbrushing instead of vynil .... theres a guy down here that does GREAT airbrushing and car paint work
Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremie_SS
yeah i got it there .... i wanted something cheap that would give me an idea how it would looked....now that i like it ... i'm going to get it airbrushed...i recomend airbrushing instead of vynil .... theres a guy down here that does GREAT airbrushing and car paint work
airbrushing is alot of money!

Quick Reply: Snow = Bad...Need Ideas haha