Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

2.0 L Stage 5 For Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is nothing wrong with 2.5 pulley if the car is setup for it. i ran a 2.5 for a long time on stock bottom end with no problems.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by revolution607@yahoo.
idk if you read my post above but you dont want that stage 5 kit.
2.6 is the lowest you can go on the m62 without over-spinning it.
and if you do go 2.6 i sure hope you have alot of cooling mods.
your already overspinning it with a 2.6...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:21 AM

well i hope you tell your shop not to buy from cobalt addiction too. no good things have been said about them since 08
Old 01-30-2011, 12:30 AM

OP! just get this
Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance
and
http://zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/...=855&catid=188
Old 01-30-2011, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by BoostedYards86
there is nothing wrong with 2.5 pulley if the car is setup for it. i ran a 2.5 for a long time on stock bottom end with no problems.
the blower will never be set up for it. Not only are you overspinning it, but creating a **** ton of heat. You are beyond its efficiency threshold, and therefore not doing your motor, let alone the blower, any good.

It doesnt matter how long you ran it, its not good...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Erick161
the blower will never be set up for it. Not only are you overspinning it, but creating a **** ton of heat. You are beyond its efficiency threshold, and therefore not doing your motor, let alone the blower, any good.

x2 and maybe if you used a bigger pulley the car would have gained more hp.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your already overspinning it with a 2.6...
woops! lol
just checked and yea i was wrong.
2.6 would be overspinning it.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM

you guys are all pansies. what happened to the ole g's of the cobalt world...oh right we moved on to bigger cars. Yes its overspinning the blower, but on 93 and meth it made more power and more importantly tq than my 2.7 setup. If you build the car around the pulley and do that last it will be fine. Grow some ***** and make some tq...tq wins! end of story.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM

you guys are all pansies. what happened to the ole g's of the cobalt world...oh right we moved on to bigger cars. Yes its overspinning the blower, but on 93 and meth it made more power and more importantly tq than my 2.7 setup. If you build the car around the pulley and do that last it will be fine. Grow some ***** and make some tq...tq wins! end of story.
Bigger cars? Yeah, fatass cars more like it, exactly what the camaro is
Old 01-30-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah Fran, your car is slow and you don't know what you're talking about. S'ok, it's not that kids on this site don't have ***** anymore, it's just that they haven't dropped yet.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:36 PM

OP, you do realize that they make 80lbs/hr injectors for our ride, right? Why would you want to max out those 60lbs injectors on that small pulley? Just do a little more research on your car, and do your own work. It's not that difficult to work on these cars if you know how to use a socket wrench and a screwdriver.

And if this shop of your is recommending you buy a ported supercharger housing without offering to port your stock one in house, they must not be very good at what they do. Walk away from that shop before they make you blow your **** up and leave you hanging.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by mexi_loco
OP, you do realize that they make 80lbs/hr injectors for our ride, right? Why would you want to max out those 60lbs injectors on that small pulley? Just do a little more research on your car, and do your own work. It's not that difficult to work on these cars if you know how to use a socket wrench and a screwdriver.

And if this shop of your is recommending you buy a ported supercharger housing without offering to port your stock one in house, they must not be very good at what they do. Walk away from that shop before they make you blow your **** up and leave you hanging.
i agree and disagree. you cant just tell the op to "do your own work" he came to us aka css.net for advice before he decided to mod the car. if you dont kno something you ask so hes not wrong in this case.
and as for "It's not that difficult to work on these cars if you know how to use a socket wrench and a screwdriver." it can be if you have no guidance and the car is your daily. what happens if takes the supercharger off and some other **** and cant put it back together in time? when my firends and i put my heat exchanger on when the car was sc'd i had no idea what to do, thanks to them i kno a ton of stuff about the LSJ. point is he has to start from somewhere and he is doing the right thing so far. if he gets the stage "5" when we told him not to then hes just stupid
Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 PM

How hard could it be to unscrew four bolts and reattach them? That's honestly the extent of how difficult it is to remove the supercharger.

I'm not calling the OP out for asking for information. I encourage it in all honesty. When I read the instructions on how to install a stage II kit from gm, I got scared to because I was taking off a big ******* part. But it didn't make me run to a shop and pay 500 or 600 bucks. Just take your time and do it right. It was scary learning how to tie our shoes, but you got the hang of it, right?

OP, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just saying I've been through everything that you're experiencing right now. I thought CA was the best vendor cause they had the flashiest website and chick with a mini-skirt on the website (i even creamed my pants when I saw the purple cobalt). Point is, learn from my ******* mistakes. Save yourself some cash and do it yourself. It's not all that hard when you take some time to do research and ask for help.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by mexi_loco
How hard could it be to unscrew four bolts and reattach them? That's honestly the extent of how difficult it is to remove the supercharger.

I'm not calling the OP out for asking for information. I encourage it in all honesty. When I read the instructions on how to install a stage II kit from gm, I got scared to because I was taking off a big ******* part. But it didn't make me run to a shop and pay 500 or 600 bucks. Just take your time and do it right. It was scary learning how to tie our shoes, but you got the hang of it, right?

OP, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just saying I've been through everything that you're experiencing right now. I thought CA was the best vendor cause they had the flashiest website and chick with a mini-skirt on the website (i even creamed my pants when I saw the purple cobalt). Point is, learn from my ******* mistakes. Save yourself some cash and do it yourself. It's not all that hard when you take some time to do research and ask for help.
well the only thing i ever bought from CA was the steering wheel pod and i love it besides that CA is lame
Old 01-31-2011, 01:05 AM

HAHAHAHAHA thats good. Must be sad my 4200lb car runs 9's huh? My 68 camaro BBC will run 9's now that it is fuel injected, and my 3800lb 85 regal runs 11's.... I shoulda stayed with 12 sec saturn... ur right. Silly me. 12.8 on pump gas, meth, 2.5 pulley. I haven't seem many others do that. But idk why anyone would run a 2.5 pulley anymore...they only make power when properly setup.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 AM

HAHAHAHAHA thats good. Must be sad my 4200lb car runs 9's huh? My 68 camaro BBC will run 9's now that it is fuel injected, and my 3800lb 85 regal runs 11's.... I shoulda stayed with 12 sec saturn... ur right. Silly me. 12.8 on pump gas, meth, 2.5 pulley. I haven't seem many others do that. But idk why anyone would run a 2.5 pulley anymore...they only make power when properly setup.
this is what ppl fail to do, and for a daily a 2.8 will do the car just fine.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 AM

yea dont buy anything from CA
Old 01-31-2011, 02:38 AM

And that's a dime a dozen...want a cookie? Omgosh! A big V8 rwd is in the 9-10s!!! Call someone who give a ****. I didn't buy this car thinking I was gonna get a 1/4 mile monster, I'm not stupid. I bought this as my DD, nothing more.

Last edited by Erick161; 01-31-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:43 AM

i used to see alot of cars on 2.6's and even some on 2.5's back in the day before the tvs made its appearance.
The lil m62 can take it with the proper cooling mods but its not wise to run it for too long.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^this guy gets it

^^this guy doesnt

dont worry, im still here I remember the days when plenty ran 2.5's and CA was one of our biggest vendors. They made the kit for a reason after all...it sold, and it wqorked for a lot of people (though even then people knew to custom tune it)

port the head, full exhaust, full cooling mods, meth and/or E85, and a 2.5 is going to rape any other m62 setup.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:50 AM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

DO NOT ORDER FROM COBALT ADDICTION!!

Do not go lower than a 2.6. If you have a 2.6 you need to have a mininum of a dual pass, heat exchanger and a CAI. Meth is recommended.

2.7 would be a safer bet..
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by revolution607@yahoo.
i used to see alot of cars on 2.6's and even some on 2.5's back in the day before the tvs made its appearance.
The lil m62 can take it with the proper cooling mods but its not wise to run it for too long.
I've seen 5+ 2.5 pullied cars run that setup for over a year. If you know what you're doing, it's fine.

Originally Posted by tylerjclance
DO NOT ORDER FROM COBALT ADDICTION!!

Do not go lower than a 2.6. If you have a 2.6 you need to have a mininum of a dual pass, heat exchanger and a CAI. Meth is recommended.

2.7 would be a safer bet..
Dual pass, no. Heat exchanger, helpful but not a necessity, meth you'd be stupid not to.

OP what exactly do YOU want? Since we've heard what everyone ELSE wants. A reliable daily driver? Fast strip car? Road course car?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 AM

And that's a dime a dozen...want a cookie? Omgosh! A big V8 rwd is in the 9-10s!!! Call someone who give a ****. I didn't buy this car thinking I was gonna get a 1/4 mile monster, I'm not stupid. I bought this as my DD, nothing more.
one thing i am realizing from your posts is that your a newb that doesn't know ****.

And to everyone else...good to see some ppl understood what I was trying to say. Do I recommend the "man pulley" to everyone. NO! But for those brave souls that want to actually be fast than yes you can "get away with" overspinning the m62 that much. When I had my car we didn't have e85 or the injectors to make a fuel system for E work. I'm jealous. Would love to see some one properly setup their car with full high flow exhaust, intake, full cooling, meth, ported head and e85 run a 2.5 pulley.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 AM

one thing i am realizing from your posts is that your a newb that doesn't know ****.

And to everyone else...good to see some ppl understood what I was trying to say. Do I recommend the "man pulley" to everyone. NO! But for those brave souls that want to actually be fast than yes you can "get away with" overspinning the m62 that much. When I had my car we didn't have e85 or the injectors to make a fuel system for E work. I'm jealous. Would love to see some one properly setup their car with full high flow exhaust, intake, full cooling, meth, ported head and e85 run a 2.5 pulley.
I thought about it for teh lulz. But that kinda wouldn't be the same.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 AM

not worth ur time. you already have E and a tvs...why downgrade just to prove stuff. Not worth the work.

Quick Reply: 2.0 L Stage 5 For Supercharger