Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

May become a trifecta dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May become a trifecta dealer...

Hey...

Anyone in BC mainland interested in a tune?

I may become a trifecta dealer after my next major tuning session (going to buy the equip to do it).

Anyone interested? Any Cobalt/G5/Ion can be tuned.

Let me know!!

Last edited by RobHole; 05-08-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 AM

is that what there calling crack now adays
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM

i may be interested in a tune if you do
Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 PM

does tunning increase HP? if so by how much? what would be the average HP on a stock ss/sc
Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by vancity racer
does tunning increase HP? if so by how much? what would be the average HP on a stock ss/sc
if you do mods, then yes... its not just intended for performance gains but also better handling as well. Meaning better ratios, increased accelerations, better mileage, etc... overall, its worth it. It unlocks major potential thats there but is restricted from many "environmental" settings, including power enrichment delay & other variables & tables..... Overall, its worth it.

You CAN'T just look at the HP numbers, you have to look at it from a better performance feel point of view. If you want to feel a trifecta tune on a 2.2L, you can take mine for a spin.

Its worth it though . icemaid was tuned recently by trifecta, maybe she can explain the difference it made in an SS/SC .

So far 2 people interested?

I would be able to show up to your house or organize a meet where we can do all this too.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:13 PM

so how does this work anyways, ive always wondered, if i want a tune, i contact you, you contact vince, he emails u the tune, u load it onto the tuner and then load it into my car?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
so how does this work anyways, ive always wondered, if i want a tune, i contact you, you contact vince, he emails u the tune, u load it onto the tuner and then load it into my car?
pretty much... and I pay several hundred dollars for the setup to get started, I have software for data logging, I send him the data logs, he sends me a tune, I upload, we test it on the car, do more data logging and repeat until perfected... can take anywhere between 1-5 tunes before perfected. Then I can hold onto the stock tune & other tunes and change from different modes or back to stock if you need to go to dealer/etc.. Have to charge a minimum rate as required which is standard amongst all trifecta authorized dealers. I still have to pay on a per tune basis of course as well...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by RobHole
pretty much... and I pay several hundred dollars for the setup to get started, I have software for data logging, I send him the data logs, he sends me a tune, I upload, we test it on the car, do more data logging and repeat until perfected... can take anywhere between 1-5 tunes before perfected. Then I can hold onto the stock tune & other tunes and change from different modes or back to stock if you need to go to dealer/etc.. Have to charge a minimum rate as required which is standard amongst all trifecta authorized dealers. I still have to pay on a per tune basis of course as well...
If you tune and then reflash to stock (say, for maintenance/problems) what is the conclusive data on warranty, and then what is the charge to reflash AFTER maintenance is performed at the dealership?

When you say "per tune basis" does that mean that I would have to pay 5 times before my tune is perfected (if it takes 5 tunes to perfect)?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 PM

nono, u pay once, even if it takes 5 times, its all done in one session. The cool part about having a dealer local to u is getting it flashed back to stock, its harder for the dealers to find a tune when its not in there at the time.

Also rob, you can put me on the list for interest, wouldnt be until summer but it would be this year!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM

nono, u pay once, even if it takes 5 times, its all done in one session. The cool part about having a dealer local to u is getting it flashed back to stock, its harder for the dealers to find a tune when its not in there at the time.

Also rob, you can put me on the list for interest, wouldnt be until summer but it would be this year!
thats right/you explained it

Thanks, I'll remember that/add you to the list Anyone else interested? I would probably look into becoming a dealer end of this month/early June .
Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
you have to be carfull on the newer cars (ss/tc) because gm is able to trace the last 10 pcm flashes, and if they dont corespond with the records on the gm database for your vin number, they will void your warrenty.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 PM

only can they void it with legitiate proof that the tune caused it. They will put up a hell of a fight but if its determined that the tune didnt do it, then tough luck for them
Old 05-05-2009, 11:32 PM

only can they void it with legitiate proof that the tune caused it. They will put up a hell of a fight but if its determined that the tune didnt do it, then tough luck for them
Bingo! man your sure as **** on top of this lol... I was just going to reply but then read your response haha... dealer honoured my warranty.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:50 PM

that mean i get a discount for helping promote? lol
Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
i ran into this issue with a customer on an 08 h2 hummer. he used a handheld tuner, flashed the pcm and drove like that for a while. he had a transmission failure, so he put the stock tune back in and towed it into the dealer. the dealer looked at it and found that it had 2 reflashes that wernt on record and didnt corespond with the gm database. he played stupid but the proof is right in front of them. even if the tune isnt is there at the time, stuff didnt match. end result after lots of fighting with gm was the claim was denied and a note was put with the vin number in the gm database that it had an aftermarket flash. a little while later he had a minor engine problem and it was warrentied without an issue, but it was something that deffinitly wasnt caused by an aftermarket tune.

they wont void the warrenty completly, but if they catch you with an aftermarket tune, or that you have had one, they will deny you warrenty if its proven to be caused by the tune. for anything drivetrain related, its not hard, all they have to do is say the part was stressed by the extra power added by the aftermarket tune, and thats good enough to win a legal battle.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just flashed my 09ss with a trifecta tune. 2 words: DO IT!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:40 AM

not when gm releases specs to the public showin what the internal parts of their engines and transmissions are rated to handle, straight from vince from trifecta, he said he has NEVER had anyone denied a warrany claim because of his tune.

Thats like saying they can deny warranty from an air intake because it increases horesepower and stressed the motor too much, but they cant. The same goes for the tune on cars, thats why the law is there, to protect customers from things like this. Have they denied warranty from tunes? ABSOLUTELY, BUT! that doesnt mean it was the actual cause, and had the customer lawyered up and fought them, 90% of the time, they would have won the case
Old 05-06-2009, 06:04 AM

how much would this cost?? i am interested in it, but wouldnt be getting this done till later. probably in the summer at some point.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:55 AM

more than likely thats what it is though, thats the problem unless it has to do with non engine related stuff lol

and if i ever have all my problems solved then ya i'll do tuning..until then not until warranty is over..does vince do ss/sc's btw?

Last edited by eurochevy; 05-06-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 AM

Yes, Vinces does ss/sc's, he tuned mine a couple of weeks ago, what a difference!!!!!! It's smooth, pulls great and improved my mileage, would definately recommend it.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 AM

Warranty information:

If you flash the stock tune onto a vehicle 5 times, the dealer will never be able to know you have done anything to the car.

And Vince has never had a customer have their warranty voided because of a Trifecta tune.

Any question you might have Rob, give me a call.

And Vince can tune all delta engines. And so much more.

Last edited by utsadude; 05-06-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM

To vancityracer: its about $220

Originally Posted by eurochevy
more than likely thats what it is though, thats the problem unless it has to do with non engine related stuff lol

and if i ever have all my problems solved then ya i'll do tuning..until then not until warranty is over..does vince do ss/sc's btw?
Your seriously saying that? you of all people, with all your ENGINE issues, yet you have no aftermarket tune. You more then most should KNOW that you dont need no aftermarket tune for your engine to **** up.

God damn mike....

Last edited by _UnLiMiTeD_; 05-06-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM

do you have any tuning experience....?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:19 PM

good stuff man ... alot of canadians have been looking for this
Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
do you have any tuning experience....?
you dont really need any, he is just recording data and sending it off to the mother ship (vince)

Quick Reply: May become a trifecta dealer...