Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

Mechanic......

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mechanic......

Im wondering if anyone knows of a economical mechanic in the area.

I have been getting a p0455 code and tried fixing it with the fuel cap but its still coming back.

So I think after my visual check this weekend im going to have to resort to getting the evap system smoke tested.

Is there anyone short of the dealers that will do this test for me so I can replace the needed parts?

Unless someones got a better idea of where to go after a visual check for this.

The car is a 03 cavie.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
p0455 is large leak detected, large leaks are usually caused by a hose rotted through or falling off. have a good look over the canistor in the back, and the evap hose right from the intake to the canistor. past that, yes you will need a smoke machine, most reputable shops have them. i cant think of a shop off hand that would be willing to look at it knowing they are only going to be doing the diagnostics on it, but call around, you might be able to track somebody down.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am going to look it over this weekend when I put my trailer hitch on and change my fuel filter.

If I don't find anything im going to take it to Adam off BCJ. Ill prolly end up getting them to fix it unless they try to sell me parts for more then I can get them for, or diagnose by replacing **** but I trust him.

I cant see why shops wouldn't want to do the diagnoses. Im still paying for their time regardless. I suppose im rather hesitant of shops since ive never taken much to them and when I have...something gets messed up.

Im hoping its something simple like a cracked hose or bad harness at the solenoid.