Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help

Soooo my exhaust has been making some funny noises for a while but it finally gave on my trip back home to alberta...It now sounds like a over-powered lawnmower :p I took it into GM and they told me I had a cracked flex pipe? and got a hole in my cat converter. They want $500 to fix it. Anyone got these parts or anyone able to help me out as I honestly have no idea what those things actually look like...so I wouldnt be able to fix it myself. Thanks!

Edit..Have the GMPP performance exhaust (if that matters) on the 07 SS 2.4L
Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 AM

sounds like a good excuse to get a new downpipe...

dont get it from gm. buy from ZZP. get a 2.5" catted one. cost like $200
Old 01-08-2012, 02:54 AM

Had the same thing on my car, I just used it as an excuse to get full exhaust. Mine was also the flex pipe falling apart, toherwise, sorry man can't hep you. All I could do is point you towards a friend in Calgary that owns a performance shop, unfortunate part though is he isn't all that cheap but can do whatever work you want done
Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 AM

o and btw if ur not comfortable installing it urself, pay a shop to do it for u. either way its cheaper (and waay better) than goin thru gm
Old 01-08-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltItaliano
o and btw if ur not comfortable installing it urself, pay a shop to do it for u. either way its cheaper (and waay better) than goin thru gm
So if I was to get this http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...Downpipe.aspx# that would fix both my problems?

Ok so Ive been doing some looking around on the web. Can someone tell me if the downpipe here includes both the cat converter and flex pipe. Like theyre all one piece sorta thing...it would then bolt on to my gmpp exhaust? Im slowly trying to learn :p

Last edited by TrikdOutCobalt; 01-08-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by TrikdOutCobalt
So if I was to get this ZZPerformance - 2.5 inch Stainless Cobalt/Ion Downpipe # that would fix both my problems?

Ok so Ive been doing some looking around on the web. Can someone tell me if the downpipe here includes both the cat converter and flex pipe. Like theyre all one piece sorta thing...it would then bolt on to my gmpp exhaust? Im slowly trying to learn :p
Ya thats all u need, just keep in mind shipping is gonna be retarded from zzp (price wise that is) because u live in canada. Also a downpipe is super easy to install as long as you can get under the car lol but if u really dont feel good installing it yourself a shop should be able to do it for like 40$ i'd imagine
Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by cuebalt
Ya thats all u need, just keep in mind shipping is gonna be retarded from zzp (price wise that is) because u live in canada. Also a downpipe is super easy to install as long as you can get under the car lol but if u really dont feel good installing it yourself a shop should be able to do it for like 40$ i'd imagine
Alright thanks. I think I'll get it shipped to Blaine then go pick it up. Should save on the shipping as long as the border guards arent douches. And yeah I just dont feel confident enough to do it myself yet.

But before I buy it, would anyone happen to have one LOCALLY?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:17 PM

yes that will solve ur problem. flex pipe is in the front of the dp, and just make sur u put high flow cat as an added option so u get the cc, and ull be set.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Anyone need a stock header? Need some cash lol. Or whats left of the downpipe?