Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

The Pet Peeves!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The Pet Peeves!

Does any one else have Pet peeves when it comes to driving or in your car, little things that happen occasionally that eat you up inside that make you want to go postal on everyone on the road!? i have a couple and have invented the solutions to those problems that work quite well, anybody else feel free to join in.
mine are:

PEEVE I: Your driving nice and fast on a highway passing cars and enjoying yourself, then all of the sudden some DOUCHE BAG going the limit pulls up beside another slow ass, so that they are perfectly beside each other and both lanes are blocked off and all you have to do is wait for one of them to turn off before you can resume light speed.
SOLUTION: If your in the fast lane (left) turn on your right signal and honk your horn every five seconds, odds are its some oldie or goof, so you dont need to worry about offending anyone.

PEEVE II: Your passenger has an arm or a leg in the way when you are shifting so everytime you shift you hit them slightly, so they akwardly move there arm\leg outa the way, then a minute later put it right back
SOLUTION: purposly shift in to forth and NAIL their arm with your elbow, then shift into fifth and nail their leg with a fist. usually extends the time from a minute to five or ten(depending how hard you cream em) and relieves alot of stress.

Last edited by tombomb; 08-23-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:22 PM

I can soooo relate to your 2nd peeve. My husband is 6-4. His damn legs are always in the way.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:27 PM

I think my biggest pet peeve is more of an obsessive compulsive thing, but any who. I have to have even numbers. An example is the radio in my Jeep, the volume is indicated in numbers, so I have to have it on 10, 15, 20, 25, etc. I do it in my husband truck also cuz his radio is the same (numbers). If Kev turns the radio up & the display shows 18, I have to put in on 20. It is something that absolutly drives me crazy. I also do the same thing with the cruise control in the car & the temp thermostat in the the house. I like nice even numbers!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:41 PM

To peeve #2, more times than not a quick punch to the forehead has the desired result as well.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Matty
To peeve #2, more times than not a quick punch to the forehead has the desired result as well.
o man! that made me laugh!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by vkhamlin
I think my biggest pet peeve is more of an obsessive compulsive thing, but any who. I have to have even numbers. An example is the radio in my Jeep, the volume is indicated in numbers, so I have to have it on 10, 15, 20, 25, etc. I do it in my husband truck also cuz his radio is the same (numbers). If Kev turns the radio up & the display shows 18, I have to put in on 20. It is something that absolutly drives me crazy. I also do the same thing with the cruise control in the car & the temp thermostat in the the house. I like nice even numbers!
I do the same thing (15 is an odd number by the way). In my case if it isn't divisible by 2 I get really weirded out and will have to move it over to the next number though for some reason I don't have an issue with 5 or 1. On the stock stereo there are notches on screen that show volume level. the box has to be the highest or lowest dot for each notch or I will chnge it quick. If I roll down my windows they have to be 10, 25, 50, 75 or 100 percent rolled down and oh yes I check. My sun roof is either closed in the upright position or completely open as well.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:11 AM

i have kind of the same thing (obsessive compulsive) with my Heating, all the **** have to be in symetical postions, (i.e. All facing up. two on the side facing opposite and middle one is up, ect.) also if i turn my A\C on, i have to turn the circulator on to so that the lights look even. hard to explain lol. more of a perfectionist then obsessive compulsive
Old 08-24-2006, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by tombomb
i have kind of the same thing (obsessive compulsive) with my Heating, all the **** have to be in symetical postions, (i.e. All facing up. two on the side facing opposite and middle one is up, ect.) also if i turn my A\C on, i have to turn the circulator on to so that the lights look even. hard to explain lol. more of a perfectionist then obsessive compulsive
i do the same thing the setting has to be cold warm or hot dont mess with the rest
Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Matty
Put as only Matty could put it.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My biggest pet peeve is when u are behind someone and they take forever to turn. You know, they slow way down on the road and take thier good ole time turning in. I hate that.

Rick
Old 08-24-2006, 02:20 AM

When people have GIANT signatures.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:34 AM

when people get out of my car and smack their foot up against the door panel on the way out cause there too lazy to open the door wide enuf for their fat ass
Old 08-24-2006, 03:02 AM

It drives me crazy when ppl leave a turn indicator on but the thing that gives me big time road rage is your #1 peeve. OMG I just wanna get outta my car and throwdown on the ******* in the left lane going slug speed
Old 08-24-2006, 03:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the thing that bugs me most here in florida is people that don't use turn signals. they just kinda go whereever.... man is that unsafe.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
the thing that bugs me most here in florida is people that don't use turn signals. they just kinda go whereever.... man is that unsafe.

yeah that happened to me tonight, lol, was on the road bout to pass a guy then he just decided to get over...butthole..and i hate it when ppl dont check their blindspots too...argh...aggrovating
Old 08-25-2006, 06:02 PM

..when people get out of the car and drag there foot over the uhhh threshhold? i dunno the raised bit just at the door opening...anyways it always dirty and rubbing hte foot on the door panel too....and putting feet on the dash...annnnd other people driving my car..which has only happend once..but i was right mad when it came home and the rims were all scuffed up...what else slow cars...and idiot who honk for no reason...my boyfriend having the music loud or quiet never in the middle..annnnnd last of all the ******* seatbelt ding when my bf is a lazy ass and wont put his seat belt..ooo and him throwing the e brake on when he thinks im driving to fast...
Old 08-25-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
i heard about that. must be a crazy stupid place to own a car. Try to do something stupid like that here in phoenix and there normally is a guy in a huge truck with huge wheels that is going to get pissed and block the road. I see that happen all the time in traffic. Honda drives up fast on the shoulder passing people monster truck sees him coming up and the monster truck will get on the should and hold the car back thats just one of many examples
Old 08-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Banned

my absolute biggest pet peave is when people from out of state (especially new yorkers, no offense) drive the speed limit in the left lane, not passing anyone, and no one is in the lane to the right... or when someone gets on the highway, (again new yorkers are notorious for this) cuts alllll the way across to the left lane for NO reason, and proceeds to hold up traffic... it's not our fault that you can't drive over 15 mph in your damn city, don't take it out on us... oooohhhh.... really gets me going... last time someone did that i cut around them, went in front, and damn near stopped on route 287 in the left lane... but once someone else was coming i sped back up...
Old 08-25-2006, 06:34 PM

Louisiana drivers do the same thing. They drive under the speed limit in the left lane. I live 20 minutes from state line. We go over to Louisiana quite often to go shopping or out to eat, or to go for booze (I live in a dry county). None the less we always have to pass in the right lane. You can get behind them, tailgate, blink your headlights, honk the horn, and even make hand gesters....... They just stay in the left lane.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:37 PM
p7x

1) ppl that drive slow in the fast lane
2) ppl that interupt other ppl
3) crappy dealerships.
tied
3) girls that play mind games
Old 08-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vkhamlin
Louisiana drivers do the same thing. They drive under the speed limit in the left lane. I live 20 minutes from state line. We go over to Louisiana quite often to go shopping or out to eat, or to go for booze (I live in a dry county). None the less we always have to pass in the right lane. You can get behind them, tailgate, blink your headlights, honk the horn, and even make hand gesters....... They just stay in the left lane.

haha... same with new yorkers... they have their ass ridden, fingers flying, horns honking every single day... so it doesn't phase them anymore...
Old 08-25-2006, 07:00 PM

I hate when your passengers chat away on their damn cell phones the entire ride!!
Old 08-26-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by RiotGirl587
..when people get out of the car and drag there foot over the uhhh threshhold? i dunno the raised bit just at the door opening...anyways it always dirty and rubbing hte foot on the door panel too....and putting feet on the dash...annnnd other people driving my car..which has only happend once..but i was right mad when it came home and the rims were all scuffed up...what else slow cars...and idiot who honk for no reason...my boyfriend having the music loud or quiet never in the middle..annnnnd last of all the ******* seatbelt ding when my bf is a lazy ass and wont put his seat belt..ooo and him throwing the e brake on when he thinks im driving to fast...
if anyone ever threw the ebrake up if they thought i was driving too fast in my car, id spit in their face and then throw them outta my car
Old 08-26-2006, 11:21 AM

1 pet peeve of mine is when someone gets in my car and smakes their leg, shoes, bag, umbrella ect ect.. on my glove box door leaving it scuffed, pisses me off!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by distillion
1 pet peeve of mine is when someone gets in my car and smakes their leg, shoes, bag, umbrella ect ect.. on my glove box door leaving it scuffed, pisses me off!!!
Originally Posted by p7x
3) girls that play mind games
I would like to add both of these to my list.

Quick Reply: The Pet Peeves!