Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

Service and jackasses!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Service and jackasses!

So my 09 SS/TC is at the dealers for the rear brake issue as well as my standard second service, and the power steering recall. So let's see what happens with the rear brakes and how the dealer will resolve this with the letter and info from GM Canada that I received and was told to give to the service manager. Either these service guys have standard lines they say to everyone or they are programmed like robots as you will read in my sig below.

Get this for stupidity! I never drive my car to a mall, grocery store, or anywhere where I have to park in an area with other cars crammed in for fear of a ding or scratch on my black car. I have a 2001 Ford Explorer as well for the winters that I drive to these places or my wifes car.

Well we drove to Home Depot as my wife was going to run in and pay off her Home Depot card and when we pulled up she said why don't we go in and look at prices of cabinets as we are looking at a few newer houses. The parking lot was dead so I parked at the back where there was no other cars. The whole time inside I felt uncomfortable and antsy so my wife said fine lets go. As we were walking out I see a 1975 Ford Mustang (The Glorified Pinto Model!) parked next to my car on the drivers side. My heart dropped as I saw a lady and her 30 year old son standing between the 2 cars and a stack of windows leaning against her back bumper. As I walk up I see her door against my rear quarter and she is trying to wedge a 5 foot long window through the passenger door onto her back seat!

There is 2 feet between each car in the parking lot so how the Fu#k are you expecting to get a 5 foot long window in your door. Well she had also gouged the side of the car with the window! I don't get it??? The parking lot is almost empty and you have to park next to me. You are loading your car with this stuff and you don't think to go to the loading zone or pull your car out?????

Where are peoples brains???

I told the dealer that I didn't even want to know it was ever there as it's not on my dime. Then it goes into service so I'll give an update then on the brake issue.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:39 PM

What was the conversation like with the lady and son?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 PM

wow thats pretty ridiculous man did you flip **** on them?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor

I hate that!!!!! It's not yours, do not touch!!

I had a lady parked next to me with her purse on my hood, keys and charms jangling from the ******* thing on top of it all. I looked at her while she was getting herself ready to shop...she quickly grabs her purse.. I said really??!?!?! Oh, Im sorry, it won't hurt anything. Bish....that's for me to decide, NOT YOU...

I feel your pain!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Damn.. I'd kill that bitch haha
Old 10-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Thats ok, I remebered why I dont go to the dealer for service and just do it myself. The dang dealership reported me to the DOT because I dont have a CAT the guy from the DOT told me I had 10 days to fix the CAT or I would be ticketed well needless to say I ripped the ticket up when I got home that night. For as little as I drive my car Im not going to be worried about. 1.5 hours for the service then 2 hours listening to the guy from the DOT rant and rave all because I needed to get the power steering recall done. F that dealer in the A I wont be going back to them.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:55 PM

I actually walked up and just said, "Are you f-ing serious!" Then every thing I tried to say would come out and sounded like a foreign language as I was so pissed and trying to control myself. My wife knew right away as she know what I am like so she walked infront of me and asked for her insurance info. I just turned around and walked away for a minute and then came back with my camera phone and stated taking pictures of everything. Her son said nothing and just stood there like a scared kid and wouldn't even look at me. I guess because I was twice his size and would of pounded his head through his mother Pintostang like I would of when I was younger. I actually couldn't believe I stayed as calm as I did!

The lady must of felt so stupid because before I had a chance to call the insurance company she already did and at least admitted what she did.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by coopercharge
Thats ok, I remebered why I dont go to the dealer for service and just do it myself. The dang dealership reported me to the DOT because I dont have a CAT the guy from the DOT told me I had 10 days to fix the CAT or I would be ticketed well needless to say I ripped the ticket up when I got home that night. For as little as I drive my car Im not going to be worried about. 1.5 hours for the service then 2 hours listening to the guy from the DOT rant and rave all because I needed to get the power steering recall done. F that dealer in the A I wont be going back to them.
all i can say is f*** that, dealership try and get me in trouble cuz i dont have a cat? i'd make there business a living hell
Old 10-04-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jmfselu
all i can say is f*** that, dealership try and get me in trouble cuz i dont have a cat? i'd make there business a living hell
Oh I handled the BBB was made aware of the situation and none of my gm owning friends or family will ever go to that dealer.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM

I wouldn't be happy if someone scratched my car, but you sound pretty **** and uptight You just walk up and start barking out f bombs.. haha. If you approach the service counter the same way I can understand why they play dumb with you..

At the end of the day its a cobalt, not a ferarri, stupid people are everywhere and accidents will always happen.

pics of scratch?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a couple scratches on my doors from ******* and their purses and keys and ****...now I just park "illegally" at the hospital
Old 10-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
I wouldn't be happy if someone scratched my car, but you sound pretty **** and uptight You just walk up and start barking out f bombs.. haha. If you approach the service counter the same way I can understand why they play dumb with you..

At the end of the day its a cobalt, not a ferarri, stupid people are everywhere and accidents will always happen.

pics of scratch?
I am **** because I take care of my things that I pay hard working money for whether it is a Ferrari or a Cobalt and in no way would I ever be so inconsiderate or thoughtless to other peoples property like she was or most of these other people out there who do the same thing, know they did it and just walk away. Maybe you don't care about your car and have dings all over it or maybe you don't care because you never paid for it with your own money but I am a car guy who looks at cars as also a work of art whether it is a Porsche or a Chevette, I respect peoples cars and have restored, customized, and rebuilt many classic cars that have been shown.

I am a business person and in no way have time to deal or tolerate people like that. All I said in any way which could not of been considered "dropping F-bombs" was are you f-ing serious and that was in regards to her door going up and down against my car and that she was to inconsiderate and unintelligent to think of going to the loading zone and that 2 feet of space was enough to load in a 5 foot long window into her passenger door to her back seat. When I said that it sounded like another language when I was trying to talk was because I was so pissed I couldn't get out what I was trying to say.

I actually do business with this particular dealership and their other locations servicing their equipment but have been told by many people who deal with this dealership as well as others that this is their response whenever going in with this type of issue. The service guys are trained by the manufacturer on what to say and how to deal with customers and this is a typical response.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
corn gas ftw....

i hate stupid people too! somehow they are everywhere.... this has happened to my black ss/tc as well
Old 10-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Audacity
I am **** because I take care of my things that I pay hard working money for whether it is a Ferrari or a Cobalt and in no way would I ever be so inconsiderate or thoughtless to other peoples property like she was or most of these other people out there who do the same thing, know they did it and just walk away. Maybe you don't care about your car and have dings all over it or maybe you don't care because you never paid for it with your own money but I am a car guy who looks at cars as also a work of art whether it is a Porsche or a Chevette, I respect peoples cars and have restored, customized, and rebuilt many classic cars that have been shown.

I am a business person and in no way have time to deal or tolerate people like that. All I said in any way which could not of been considered "dropping F-bombs" was are you f-ing serious and that was in regards to her door going up and down against my car and that she was to inconsiderate and unintelligent to think of going to the loading zone and that 2 feet of space was enough to load in a 5 foot long window into her passenger door to her back seat. When I said that it sounded like another language when I was trying to talk was because I was so pissed I couldn't get out what I was trying to say.

I actually do business with this particular dealership and their other locations servicing their equipment but have been told by many people who deal with this dealership as well as others that this is their response whenever going in with this type of issue. The service guys are trained by the manufacturer on what to say and how to deal with customers and this is a typical response.
Like I said, ****...

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 10-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

pics of scratch?
you sound like a retard who messes with peoples cars
Old 10-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by BumbleBee
you sound like a retard who messes with peoples cars
Yep, all day. Yours is next now ****.

seriously though, OP, do you have a pic of the scratch?
And yeah, I care about my car and do my best to keep it clean, and if\when **** happens I just deal with it. Life's to short to be freaking out all the time. Your just wasting your breath on people like this. Someone of that intelligence has most likely been yelled at for one thing or another for their entire life... hehe

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 10-04-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned

Yep, all day. Yours is next now ****.

seriously though, OP, do you have a pic of the scratch?
You wouldn't get 10 feet from it before a .45 goes between your eyes.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:31 PM

my car is my Ferrari
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Banned

, I care about my car and do my best to keep it clean, and if **** happens I will just deal with it. Life's to short to be freaking out all the time. You just wasting your breath on people like this.
they need to learn, and not assume everything they do is ok. hopefully the old **** wont do it again, and guarantee she has hit many peoples cars
Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM

Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Hard! And whats with the flag for punctuation? Like we dont have guns in Canada. We just don't shoot each other as much up here. Its still mainly fists ... Anyone can pull a trigger and be a panzy.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Banned

Hard! And whats with the flag for punctuation? Like we dont have guns in Canada. We just don't shoot eachother as much up here.

right over your head.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:44 PM

right over your head.
Explain?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Banned

nice try ninja edit. its funny how you say this stuff until you meet me in person.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

anyways someone parked next to me at work the other night in a wrangler when I was way in the back, i dont get why people do this

Quick Reply: Service and jackasses!