Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian North Pacific (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-pacific-113/)
-   -   They Say Canadians Don't Brag..... (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-pacific-113/they-say-canadians-dont-brag-266042/)

SylverSS/SC 12-01-2011 11:54 PM

Everything is dirty cheap south of the border. plus you can grab a 30 pack for 32 bucks while you fill your car at the gas station! lol

Acey 12-01-2011 11:58 PM

We have black granite '10 SS/TC's, which I don't believe they have in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong.

nutty21 12-02-2011 12:10 AM

The US kept electing George Bush.

FAIL!!!

Hard.

Flatgod 12-02-2011 12:18 AM

We don't have to worry about uneducated dipshit gangster wannabes toting around handguns or handguns in general. Funny how we have em in Canada, just not the I'll die before you pry it out of my fingers mentality. Last year US had 9369 gun related deaths, Canada 144.

nutty21 12-02-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Flatgod (Post 6180204)
We don't have to worry about uneducated dipshit gangster wannabes toting around handguns or handguns in general. Funny how we have em in Canada, just not the I'll die before you pry it out of my fingers mentality. Last year US had 9369 gun related deaths, Canada 144.

Huh, those stats actually work out worse for Canada.

Divide the gun related deaths by the population and apparently we have more per capita.

RicerHater 12-02-2011 08:23 AM

Uh, yeah, from the land of the lost, Trans-Canada cross
Patriotic and I honor with my hand on my heart
From the greatest of lakes to the greenest of greens
To the rockiest mountains and everything in between
(Oh, oh), oh Canada, oh you no fan of us
'Cause our movies and TV shows are so amateur? (ha)
Yes we laugh it off, that don't really bother me
Look we ain't serious unless we really got to be
Humorous attitude like Kidz In The Hall
Or Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, hell we claimin 'em all
It's the great white north, home of the funniest actors (O Canada!)
The butt of the joke with an abundance of laughter
The red and white flag, keep it high, keep it visual
People say Canada and get stereotypical
Think we finish every sentence with "buddy" or "bye"
And if it ain't that, it's either "dude, " "eh, " or "guy"
Canadaa eh, yeah we considerate people
And smokin marijuana, we consider it legal
Still doin rap like the 1990's
But that's how we like it, off time20and grimy

I know where I'm from and I told ya before
North of America, hard to ignore
Every time I go away I tell them for sure
I'm from Canada, oh-oh-oh Canada
Oh Canada, oh-oh-oh Canada

When Class makes a sick beat, we call it a classic

I've been around the globe and heard the confusion
Honestly a lot of y'all are ignorant and stupid
Yes, we have microwaves, TVs and cell phones
Unintelligent fuck, we invented the telephone
We made Yahtzee, the lightbulb, hockey
And bred the greatest players - Gretzky to Crosby
We all got at least one drinking buddy
And after one drink, all of us think we're funny (O Canada!)
Our national mascot's a damn beaver
Oh Canada, we love our beaver (O Canada!)
Home of Hells Angels and RCMP
Home of Gordon Lightfoot and SCTV
No doubt, the underground railroad
Georges St-Pierre, right here is where he call home
Our health care system, y'all know it's free
Keep our girls bangin with a full mouth of teeth
I won't even get into the music industry
They say hip hop is dead, nah it's up north with me
I could do this all day, it's a part of my routine
But supper's almost done and tonight - poutine!

I know where I'm from and I told ya before
North of America, hard to ignore
Every time I go away I tell them for sure
(I'm from the east coast of Canada)
O-oh-oh Canada
(I'm from the east, east, east coast)
Yo-yo, no doubt
Yeah I'm from Canada, so sometimes words come out of my mouth like this
Get used to it!

SuperchargedSS 12-02-2011 08:29 AM

Canada ships almost half of it's garbage to the USA (Michigan). Like, they don't have enough...

Flatgod 12-02-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by nutty21 (Post 6180444)
Huh, those stats actually work out worse for Canada.

Divide the gun related deaths by the population and apparently we have more per capita.

So math is not you thing huh.

US pop 307 006 550 / 9369 = 1 death per 32 768.3
Canada pop 34 108 752 / 144 = 1 death per 236 866.3

Or over seven times higher by population in the states.

nutty21 12-02-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Flatgod (Post 6180489)
So math is not you thing huh.

US pop 307 006 550 / 9369 = 1 death per 32 768.3
Canada pop 34 108 752 / 144 = 1 death per 236 866.3

Or over seven times higher by population in the states.

Yeah that was the first thing I did when i woke up. I did it backwards.
Didn't really think about the results. I had like 4 and 1... didn't really think about what the 4 and 1 would be... guess every person in Canada killed 4 people lol.

BlueStang 12-02-2011 09:51 AM

Up here if you have to make a trip to the emergencey ward of the hospital you don't have to sell your house to pay the medical bills

Rissa 12-02-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by cranemaster (Post 6180127)
Basically as a Canadian you tour America like you would Mexico or any other country with a general lower standard of living. I hear booze is cheap in Arizona. Like 10 x cheaper (like mexico lol) Going there next year!! Woo!

Lower standard of living? You must be going to the wrong parts. Oh and if you're employed and have insurance, you don't have to pay anything to go to the emergency room. I'd rather pay $80/month for insurance than be taxed up the ass for "free" insurance.

SylverSS/SC 12-02-2011 03:34 PM

Lol taxes aren't that high! You should see the amount of expensive toys in alot of the houses around Alberta!

BlueStang 12-02-2011 10:25 PM

I thought this would of been locked by now :lol:

BlueStang 12-02-2011 10:35 PM

Oh just about forgot this one, we are not 15 Trillion dollars in debt and growing like a run away train

BlueStang 12-03-2011 09:54 AM

We have the Red Green show

Audacity 12-05-2011 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by demento (Post 6182610)
We have the Red Green show

Duck Tape forever baby!

Aren't most of all the major movies and tv shows filmed in Canada? Either Vancouver or Toronto. I've worked on Xmen, Fantastic 4, RV, Insomnia, Underworld, Walking Tall, Watchmen, Scooby Doo, Shooter, Hollow Man II, Man About Town, Snakes On A Plane, Scary Movie's, Firewall, White Noise, Butterfly Effect 1 & 2, Josie & The Pussycats, The Invisible, The Chronicles of Riddick, Final Destination's, The Wicker Man, The Perfect Score, Are We There Yet, I Robot, The Final Cut, Blade Trinity, Mr Magoo, Stargate's, Battlestar Gallactica, Dead Like Me, Pain Killer Jane, Psych, Smallville, Supernatural, Dark Angel, Da Vinci's Inquest, Double Jeopordy, The 4400, The L Word, Bionic Woman, The Dead Zone.

And I know there are tons more that were filmed here and some very iconic films like Rocky, Rambo, It, Juno, Superbad, Romeo Must Die, Rumble In The Bronx, X-Files, MacGyver, 21 Jump Street, and Titanic even had some work done here.

From oceans, to forests, to mountains, to snow, rain, and even a desert, we have it all!

outtamymind 12-05-2011 10:34 AM

your forgetting one Audacity.....

coolrunnings man. "we're a jamaican bobsled team" hahaha

07MetallicSC 12-05-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by demento (Post 6180577)
Up here if you have to make a trip to the emergencey ward of the hospital you don't have to sell your house to pay the medical bills

neither do you have to down here, its called insurance.

jonnymerk 12-05-2011 12:43 PM

I have nothing against Canada other then they slow traffic down around me sometimes lol.

What's with the the American economy attacks tho geesh. Our country isn't the only one in debt, and for an economy in such bad shape we still stay a float for the most part. Besides I wouldn't be to eager to see us tank cus we'd ended up taking the rest of the world down with us in the process.

Props on the medcare system tho, especially since I'm unemployed atm.

BlueStang 12-05-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC (Post 6185517)
neither do you have to down here, its called insurance.

Ya if you can afford the payments for medical insurace in the US or have a job that comes with medical insurance, that"s why there are so many people there who do not have any medical insurance

Who Gee 12-05-2011 02:38 PM

Where I work my job comes with paid medical insurance and if I had to pay for it myself it would be $60/month

Rissa 12-05-2011 02:58 PM

When my sister didn't have a job she paid $66 a month for health insurance, a major reason why a lot of people don't have insurance here isn't necessarily because it's expensive, a lot of people just don't want it. Oh and some movies are filmed up there, but the movie industry was born in Hollywood, and most major motion pictures and tv shows are filmed there, and a big majority of the studios are in LA and other parts of So Cal. And also what Johnny Merk said, we may be in debt but it's really hard to tell since many people are getting a lot just fine. I don't mind Canada either, but if I really thought it was a better place for me to live, I would be there, since my company has two offices(one in Calgary, and one in Toronto).

PS. Sorry Audacity...Rumble in the Bronx isn't an iconic movie lol. But yeah Canada is great for scenery shots and whatnot.

outtamymind 12-05-2011 03:01 PM

ya cuz calgary is awesome!!!!! and alot of major companies have their headquarters or atleast the canadian headquarters in calgary, vancouver or toronto

Rissa 12-05-2011 03:04 PM

I know right?? Lol they used to do training up there, but I was hired right after they sent the last people up there to train. Boooo.

outtamymind 12-05-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa (Post 6185991)
I know right?? Lol they used to do training up there, but I was hired right after they sent the last people up there to train. Boooo.

gay, you would have liked calgary too. especially in the summer time.