Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale 2006 lsj-t

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 lsj-t

FS (vehicle year/make/model) in the title
Name: Josh Everett
Means of Contact: PM or email at jeveret2@mix.wvu.edu
Price - $6500

So I'm selling my Cobalt SS LSJ-t. Picked up a daily driver at the beginning of last year and was turbo swapped at the end of the summer. I was able to get a base tune before putting it away for winter, however it's not yet tuned for wot. Right now there's 95,900 on the clock, which will go up a bit since I drive it once a week now that it's warm to keep the fluids cycling. I love this car, but can't justify keeping it now that it's warming up, it only gets driven to keep the fluids circulating so it's finally time to say goodbye.

The good:
2006 Cobalt SS LSJ-t
OTTP turbo kit with:
- 3.5" intake
- OTTP exhaust manifold
- Borg Warner S256 turbo.
- 3" downpipe with wideband bung
- Hot and cold side charge piping
- Tial MVS wastegate set at 1.1 bar (I've got all the springs so that can be changed)
- Tial Q BOV (black)
- Log-style intake manifold
- Treadstone TR10 intercooler
- Manual boost gauge
- AEM digital wideband gauge
- Boost controller currently set to maintain the 1.1 bar of the wastegate spring
- Return style fuel settup
- 80# injectors
- 3" exhaust
-15% tint
- BC racing coils
- I have an AEM 320LPH fuel pump that can be included
The bad:
- Front lip missing
- Wheels in pretty poor condition.
- Front right wheel well liner damaged by previous owner
- Paint in rough condition on drivers side fender
- Tune hasn't been finalized. Ended up getting done right before winter and didn't get to tune wot. Working to get that taken care of in the coming weeks if it hasn't sold by then. Will come with HP tuners.
If you have any questions, concerns or questions don't hesitate to contact me

Now time for some pictures:

So I'm selling my Cobalt SS LSJ-t. Picked up a daily driver at the beginning of last year and was turbo swapped at the end of the summer. I was able to get a base tune before putting it away for winter, however it's not yet tuned for wot. Right now there's 95,900 on the clock, which will go up a bit since I drive it once a week now that it's warm to keep the fluids cycling.
The good:
2006 Cobalt SS LSJ-t
OTTP turbo kit with:
- 3.5" intake
- OTTP exhaust manifold
- Tial MVS wastegate set at 1.1 bar (I've got all the springs so that can be changed)
- Tial Q BOV (black)
- Manual boost gauge
- Boost controller currently set to maintain the 1.1 bar of the wastegate spring
- 80# injectors
- 3" exhaust
-15% tint
- BC racing coils
The bad:
- Front lip missing
- Tune hasn't been finalized. Ended up getting done right before winter and didn't get to tune wot. Working to get that taken care of in the coming weeks if it hasn't sold by then. Will come with HP tuners.
If you have any questions, concerns or questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Now time for some photos:

So I'm selling my Cobalt SS LSJ-t. Picked up a daily driver at the beginning of last year and was turbo swapped at the end of the summer. I was able to get a base tune before putting it away for winter, however it's not yet tuned for wot. Right now there's 95,900 on the clock, which will go up a bit since I drive it once a week now that it's warm to keep the fluids cycling.
The good:
2006 Cobalt SS LSJ-t
OTTP turbo kit with:
- 3.5" intake
- OTTP exhaust manifold
- Tial Q BOV (black)
- Manual boost gauge
- 80# injectors
- 3" exhaust
-15% tint
- BC racing coils
The bad:
- Front lip missing
If you have any questions, concerns or questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Now time for some photos:

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]
Old 05-20-2017, 07:40 PM

Bumpity bump.
Price dropped to $6,000. It's not doing me any good sitting in the driveway. I know one of you guys can give it a good home.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
I would recommend you getting the tune finished up and maybe finding and throwing a silver front lip on it. Would make the car more complete and the buyer would be able to see how well it runs wot. If not, good luck with the sale.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:31 PM

I appreciate the advice Nova. I might start to drive it a bit more, so completing the tune is definitely something I'm considering. I'm torn between putting more time and work into it, or just dropping the price a bit more to make it worth someone's time.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Damn, i feel like once i get a job im gonna be buying cars like this left and right lol. GLWS
Old 05-26-2017, 08:33 AM

Lol patience is king Slowbalt. It's been a while since I've been on here. You're in school right?

And bump. Price down to $5,500. Hoping to get in and finish the tune this weekend.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Honestly if you still like it I would invest just a little more into it and keep it. Shame that you have done lots of work only to throw it away. Doesn't need much, and will be a solid car for a long time. You will probably just get something else and throw even more money at it that won't be realized when you go to sell that one either. Once you get them built to a point all you have are regular maint to keep them up. Not starting all over again.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:10 PM

I completely understand that one. I was none too happy when the daily bit the bullet. I ended up grabbing an evo as a daily, which has been the car I've wanted since since I got my license 10 years ago. This is my first car payment ever, and that on top of student loans, and the mortgage, there's not a lot left over for the car fund, however I realize there's not much more that needs to be done to the balt to get it back into pretty good shape. I'm not too concerned about the lip as once it became a toy, the mentality was always function over looks. My big problem is that with my current work schedule, I just don't have the time for it that I used to. If I keep it, the long term goal would be a dedicated track car, however the 256 isn't the best turbo for that application, and I'd probably end up returning to tvs for that lol

At the end of the day I'm impartial as to if it stays or goes, and that's what prompted me to list it. Plus the wife's not helping as she sees how rarely it moves and wants the car payment gone as well.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious if this is still available and if you finished the tune?