Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale 2008 Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Cobalt SS

This car has the Chevrolet Dealership installed stage 1 performance upgrade that boosts total power to almost 300HP and does NOT void powertrain warranty!!! Never raced. Equipped with BREMBO Brakes. Non-smoker. No accidents! I have meticulously cared for this vehicle! A complete maintenance record comes with the vehicle documenting every oil change and all work including the performance upgrade. I just bought 4 brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position ALL SEASON tires for this car less than 2 months ago. These are $180 each! They also come with the Discount Tire Certificate for Repair, Refund or Replacement. Stored in heated garage at home. When at work, parked out of the elements in a parking garage. Most of the 28K miles are highway miles. Thanks to the limited slip differential and traction control system, MI winters have never been an issue for me. This is one of the cleanest, nicest kept cars you will find!!! I have absolutely babied this car! It runs PERFECTLY! I have the title in hand. Asking $14,995 or best offer. Please call or text, (810) 543-0323. Thanks for checking out the car!

To view pics, check out the link on autotrader:

Cars for Sale: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS in WARREN, MI 48093: Coupe Details - 293438989 - AutoTrader.com

Last edited by backseatmidget; 01-25-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 PM

man thats a nice car i wish i had 15k to throw down. GLWS
Old 01-25-2011, 09:29 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
ahhh **** i need your door panels ill buy them!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 AM

Nice car, can you tell me what all is included in the GM stage 1 package? Also, do you have a list of all of the factory installed options, like USB, multi-function display? Thanks...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSTom
Nice car, can you tell me what all is included in the GM stage 1 package? Also, do you have a list of all of the factory installed options, like USB, multi-function display? Thanks...
GM stage 1 included some sensors and a tune to the computer. Basically it adds about 30HP or so. The boost guage used to spool up to about 15 psi or so and now hits 22-24 psi. The bump in power is definitely noticeable, especially when you need the power to merge onto the freeway or pass a car at higher speeds. But like I said in my ad on autotrader, the car has not been raced. I didn't get the upgrade to beat on the car. I was doing a lot of highway driving and wanted a little more power on the freeway.

As far as factory options go there is no usb port (I don't think they added this option until 2009). Other than the usb port, the only other option this car doesn't have is the multifunction display. It has the standard boost guage in place of the display. It has everything else that a cobalt ss could have in 2008. Limited slip diff., moon roof, mp3/cd/xm radio with sub in trunk and aux. input, power windows/locks/mirrors, launch control, traction control, 2 tone interior (black with red), 5 spd manual.

Let me know if you need more info.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 PM

I have an update regarding my car. The reason I'm selling is I have ordered another car and am trying to sell this one before the new car comes in. I got a trade in value from the dealership that I was willing to live with, but thought I would try and sell it for more on my own since clearly it is worth more than the trade in value. I got a call yesterday saying the new car may be in quicker than expected. So I'm lowering the price to hopefully sell this one, if for no other reason, than piece of mind knowing that I made a little more than trade in value on the car.

New price is $13,500. Any lower and my brother (who has an '06 Cobalt SS) offered to buy mine for the trade in value price. He'd prefer to have the newer car with less miles and way more power. Anything less than $13,500 and I'd prefer to just bite the bullet and let him have it at trade in value and keep it in the family.

I've had a little over 2 really good years with the car and debate whether or not it is stupid to buy a new car, especially since I own the SS outright. But I had a Mustang 5.0 years ago and wanted the new one ever since I saw that Ford was bringing it back. I was in Iraq most of last year and I told myself I'd get one when I got back home.

Well, I'm back home and ordered one. If someone out there is looking for one of these Cobalt SS's, I doubt you'll find a better deal than $13,500 for a 2008 SS with under 28,000 miles. Like I said in my previous post, I've badied the hell out of this car. I take extreme care of every car I've ever had, even when it was a base model Cavalier back in the day. I drive this car conservatively. I do drive it year round, so I take extra care to wash and wax it to protect against salt and I get the under carriage washed regularly in the winter to flush the salt out. It has NOT seen extreme snow as I work at the same place as my wife and we take her car on bad weather days.

The car does have some mods. I have the GM stage 1 performance upgrade on the car. I lowered the car using ZZP lowering springs. I had the muffler removed, which adds a very nice aggressive sporty sound without being obnoxious and super loud. Finally, I have one of the aftermarket generation headlights (not sure which gen it is, see pics on autotrader). The car comes with all stock parts. I have the muffler if someone really wants to put it back on, but I know once you hear the thing without the muffler, you'll toss the muffler out in the next trash pickup. The car really sounds awesome with the muffler delete! I also have the stock springs and the stock headlights. The GM performance upgrade does NOT void powertrain warranty. There should be just under 2 years remaining on the warranty or just over 72,000 miles....which ever comes first. I would be impressed if you maxed out the miles before the warranty expired.

No, the car does not have the USB port or the little monitor in place of the boost guage, but it has every other option that these turbo SS's could have including the LSD!

Again, I have the Mustang 5.0 on order. I have a guaranteed trade in value offer that I'm content with. I have a brother who has offered to buy the car for the trade in price if no one buys it for what I'm looking to get out of it. I've watched the classifieds on here for a while and I know this is the BEST DEAL out there!!! If someone is looking for an absolutely awesome car for an absolutely awesome price, please PM me or text/call me at 810-543-0323.

A little more info: I have 4 brand new tires on the car. They are very good Bridgestone ALL SEASON tires (see autotrader add for specific model tire). The car has never been in an accident. There are no dings, no scratches. I always park far away from entrances to every place I go to keep the car away from fools that throw their doors into other people's cars or to prevent woman with their retarded purses full of metal accents from dragging them along the side of the car as they walk by. There are super minor rock chips (that you could expect with any car that is a few years old with 27,000+ miles) that I fixed using Dr. Color Chip. The Dr. Color Chip paint of course comes with the car as well. I have full maintenance records accounting for every oil change and all recall work. Also, the performance upgrade was installed by a Chevy dealership. The lowering springs and muffler delete were performed by local professional shops. I enjoy cars and can keep them clean and handle electrical mods, but do not know enough about mechanical things or welding to try installing these things on my own. Everything was done by professionals.

Bottom line is this car is about as nice as a used car could be. I'd really like to make a little more than trade in value and at the same time give someone else an amazing deal! It really is a win win situation! Again, my number is 810-543-0323. Text or call if you are interested or want more info.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 PM

detroit area, are you listening?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 AM

I cant believe that there is so little response to this
Old 06-19-2011, 11:56 PM

Sold.