Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale 2008 Cobalt SS/TC LNF

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Cobalt SS/TC LNF

Name:  IMG_3112_zpskopy8ak3.jpg
Views: 2131
Size:  246.5 KBUp for sale is my 2008 Cobalt SS/TC LNF with clean title. I have loved this car dearly but I am ready to move on. I got it stock with 20k miles from a dealership in Michigan that had leased it to an older gentlemen. It now has about 133k miles. Miles will go up as this is my daily. All highway miles. I travel 70 mile round trip daily for work and do take it on trips regularly. Just recently it made its longest journey yet from Ohio to Washington State and back. About 7,000 miles total in about two months. Never had one problem at all and she’s never left me stranded. I baby this car. I will say these cars are pretty quick for fwd but they are not race cars. Stock clutch was in till 125k miles and was still fine if that says anything how I drive it. Just replaced it as a precautionary measure before I drove to Washington. You can't beat them up and expect them to last. Never do I ever dump the clutch nor any burnouts. I treated this car like it was mine for life. I never thought I would find a replacement that suited me as well until recently. That being said, no trades unless it’s a Subaru STI.

There is one minor problem. The car has been losing coolant for the past month and half. I have taken it to two dealerships and two private mechanics. No one can seem to figure it out. No visible leakage, internal water pump has been inspected, two different block tests ran and passed. I have changed the oil three times since the leak started and will be sending a sample to a lab Monday to get an oil analysis done. It has been at Jeff Wyler in Canal Winchester Ohio for the past week and a half. Where Rob and his three GM master techs have been trying to figure it out. Dealership number: (614) 837-3421. I am picking it up today because they have told me to just continue to drive it until the problem become visible. I have to add about a pint or pint and a half of coolant every two to three days. I hope this doesn't hurt me trying to sell because it does have the warranty, I just don't want to wait any longer. I have been trying to buy a new car since about a week before the coolant leak started and have been patiently waiting since. The way I look at it, something is going to happen in the next 70k miles before the warranty runs out. Most likely the person buying this car will get a brand new engine down the road. And before everyone jumps on me that the mods void the warranty, they do. That’s why the car comes with the stock down pipe, charge pipe, and air intake. The tune is a stealth tune, undetectable by GM. Also have the muffler but I don’t mess with it. Never said anything to me about it.

The car also has an extended WARRANTY. Coverage till 2/8/2019 or 205,121 miles. Covers drivetrain, engine, turbo, electrical, water pump, seals and gaskets, along with towing I believe and more. Oh and a rental car while the car is in the shop. Completely transferable to the buyer. Which is a great deal in my eyes considering you could get a new motor or head gasket job done for free. Well there is a $100 deductible but that’s still cheaper than a tire rotation and oil change from the dealership! I have the contract in full to give to the buyer. Extended warranty valued at $2,992. Bought 1/10/2014.

Engine Mods:
Clutchmasters stage 2 with throw out bearing installed at 125k
Flywheel was also resurfaced
Injen Chargepiping (removed for warranty)
Injen intake (removed for warranty)
Catless downpipe
Forge Divertor Valve
Muffler delete
Triffecta switchable 15psi to 22psi tune. Estimated 310-320hp. Tuned by Vince himself

Now let’s talk about the exterior. The paint is good condition. I wax it twice a year and keep it washed regularly. There are a few imperfections that I will try to picture. It has a key mark on the driver’s side. I buffed it out well and you can barely tell it until you get up close. The passenger side has one small scratch. And there is a little paint fade on the roof. I will say I am a perfectionist and it doesn’t bother me so it’s not bad by any means. Pretty good condition id say for original paint.

Car also has Katskin leather seats. I bought it from the dealership and paid for leather. It came in with the cloth seats because it was listed wrong. The dealership sent it to have the seats reupholstered.

Exterior and supporting mods:
15% tint with eye brow (tint does have one minor imperfection as pictured)
MPX shorty antenna
Powder coated black SS rims
Halo headlights
Slotted rotors on front
Two gauge pillar with Aeroforce Interceptor gauge and boost gauge

The car is in perfect running condition. I always make sure every wear and tear part is replaced on time. The car has had a few mishaps. My car got keyed as soon as I got it on the passenger side. This one was deep so the whole door was redone. I hit raccoon at about 90k and the intercooler was replaced. Then last year I was parked in a parking space at Hardees and some drunken idiot backed into the front driver wheel. Could hardly see the damage but I was determined to make him pay. Front bumper, front quarter panel and wheel were repainted. Never been in a real accident and has a clean Carfax.

Maintenance:
Rear wheel bearings at 80k (driver) and 120k (passenger)
Oil changes every 3k with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic
Spark plugs every 10k
New battery in December
Tie rods and sway bar at 120k
Brake pads have 30k with plenty left
Rear rotors 30k
Tires are Yokohama YK580 with 10k
Maf sensor replacement at 100k
Both O2 sensors replaced at 120k
Leaky fuel tank and ignition recall have been completed

Car also has a sound system installed just last month. 12” American Bass Subs with Kenwood 1000 watt amp. I will let go for an additional $400. If not that is fine, I will remove the system entirely.

Additional photos and a video are uploaded on my photobucket.
2008 Cobalt SS TC Photos by hrfoxracing | Photobucket

I will give the VIN out to serious inquires. I am happy to show the car to anyone but there will be no test drives until I see the money. I will give a ride to show the car shifts and drives perfectly. My number is 740-412-1488 call or text any time if you have any questions. My email is cody.craig@aol.com I will accept cash or certified check only. I am located about 30 min south of Columbus Ohio.

Price: 9,800 OBO

As stated above I am in the mood to get a new car so money talks. Shoot me an offer. Thank you!

Last edited by Boosted08; 05-16-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
The car looks good all in black.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by mr bill
The car looks good all in black.
Thank you.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a porous block problem.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:23 PM
TR6

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wert842
Sounds like a porous block problem.
That's what I wondered, but wouldn't a GM technician be able to figure that out?

Do all of these have or get a porus block, or how can you tell if that's what you are dealing with or whether you will have that problem in the future when looking to buy one?
Old 05-17-2015, 10:16 PM

I honestly think its the internal water pump leaking into the crankcase. I have an oil sample that I am taking to the dealership tomorrow and I am going to make them actually remove the water pump vs just taking the cover off and looking at it. The car still runs perfect. If there were a crack or a block problem I would have compression problems along with misfires in my mind atleast. Same with a head gasket, the car would not run correctly. Either way, that beautiful warranty will be covering it all. Will keep updated as I continue working towards the problem. Want it sold!
Old 05-17-2015, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump. Sounds like a price ( after ) the new motor is installed
Old 05-17-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
"Never do I ever dump the clutch nor any burnouts"

Buys sports car and adds mods and tunes it. Says he doesn't race it or drive crazy.

Logic
Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sl0wbaltSS
"Never do I ever dump the clutch nor any burnouts"

Buys sports car and adds mods and tunes it. Says he doesn't race it or drive crazy.

Logic
I mean its a cobalt I dont get too crazy with her. Sure ive done a handfull of WOT pulls but I dont push it to the limits by any means. Your that person that feels the need to floor it at every stop light I bet
Old 05-18-2015, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by turboecotec02
Bump. Sounds like a price ( after ) the new motor is installed
New motor could get installed before or after the sale. Transferable warranty.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:44 AM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted08
I honestly think its the internal water pump leaking into the crankcase. I have an oil sample that I am taking to the dealership tomorrow and I am going to make them actually remove the water pump vs just taking the cover off and looking at it. The car still runs perfect. If there were a crack or a block problem I would have compression problems along with misfires in my mind atleast. Same with a head gasket, the car would not run correctly. Either way, that beautiful warranty will be covering it all. Will keep updated as I continue working towards the problem. Want it sold!
You can easily have a cracked block without any symptoms other than losing coolant into the oil. If the crack is not on the cylinder wall you won't have compression problems or anything else.

In your case, very fortunate to have the extended warranty
Old 05-18-2015, 12:54 PM
TR6

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the oil level too high? If you are losing coolant into the oil it will show up on the dipstick as having too much oil. It will also start getting thick and looking like a chocolate shake.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by TR6
Is the oil level too high? If you are losing coolant into the oil it will show up on the dipstick as having too much oil. It will also start getting thick and looking like a chocolate shake.
Hasnt looked like it till the most recent oil change saturday. Took the car back in today with a sample to prove its going into the crank. Didnt hear back from them today so hopefully no news is good news
Old 05-24-2015, 08:51 AM

Any updates on this?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:38 AM

Just wanted to give an update. The car is at the dealership getting the motor replaced. Finally figured out it was a crack around cylinder 3. Not sure when it will be done but will continue to update. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2008 Cobalt SS/TC LNF

"One minor issue" equals blown motor, lol.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:11 PM

So what's the price with the replaced engine
Old 07-31-2015, 02:44 PM

Update!! Picked the car up yesterday! Took awhile to get the project completed but the dealership and warrenty took care of the whole engine replacement. Only owed my $100 deductible. Over $3000 worth of parts and labor all paid for by warranty. Which is still transferable and good till 205,000 miles

Last edited by Boosted08; 07-31-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:16 PM

For Sale

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS
Old 07-31-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
^ that's bold right there
Old 07-31-2015, 10:40 PM

Glad you got the engine replaced....I would keep it now ...just my opinion. ...good luck on the sale man.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:53 AM

Thank you super bolt. I would keep it but I have just bought another 4 door car because I found out I am having my first child soon! And I heard street bike tonnys Balt has the porous block issue without a warranty.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:20 PM

Weekend bump. Price $8900 obo.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted08
Thank you super bolt. I would keep it but I have just bought another 4 door car because I found out I am having my first child soon! And I heard street bike tonnys Balt has the porous block issue without a warranty.
Congratulations man ...good reason ...hope you have a beautiful healthy child .
Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 PM

Hey man, I'm interested. Sent ya a pm.

Quick Reply: For Sale 2008 Cobalt SS/TC LNF