Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Wanted 2009 Cobalt SS sedan (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 Cobalt SS sedan (Canada)

I figured I'd put this out there;
My wife and I are casually planning on buying her a family friendly replacement for her underpowered '00 Ford Focus - on the short list is a 2009 Cobalt SS sedan.

Although I think it would be cool to find a yellow one, at this time yellow paint is a deal breaker...

I would prefer to only buy one in Canada so that I don't have to deal with importing headaches, and adding daytime running lights... but you never know...

I wouldn't see traveling to purchase as a big obstacle.

And as if the requirements were not stringent enough, we would prefer an unmodified one.

Thanks for looking, and if you know of a car that might suit us, please post me about it, pm me about it, or nudge the person with it to contact me directly.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So you're aware all cobalts have daily running lights weather the US or Canadian models. Secondly I don't see you getting of the only 15 (might be 14 can't remember) yellow LNF sedans made not to mention a few have since been totaled.

Good luck in your search though.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 AM

Not yellow but

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS TURBO SUNROOF
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 AM

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I think he meant she does not want a yellow one if by some miracle one was for sale.

I'll keep my eyes pealed for you. Although I've only seen one for sale in the last three years. And I've only seen one other one driving around this sink hole.

Is an hhr ss on the short list?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by slapbetcommissioner
I think he meant she does not want a yellow one if by some miracle one was for sale.

I'll keep my eyes pealed for you. Although I've only seen one for sale in the last three years. And I've only seen one other one driving around this sink hole.

Is an hhr ss on the short list?
An HHR SS is also on the short list, but the front row seating room is less than a Cobalt...

Also on the list is a Caliber SRT4;
mettalic blue is the prefered colour, followed by burgandy; there is a blue one in your neck of the woods for sale, but hte Dodge dealer selling it is asking too much ($18k iirc).

There is also a slim change that a Neon SRT4 is on the list...

We briefly considered the Speed3, and the new Focus RS, but the newer speed3's have too much lumbar for my wife's liking, and in addition to the Focus's lumbar being even 'worse', it's just wayy too much for us right now...

We're playing a game of 'wait and see what pop's up'... In the mean time, we're ok with what we have...

Originally Posted by andrewcarr1993
So you're aware all cobalts have daily running lights weather the US or Canadian models. Secondly I don't see you getting of the only 15 (might be 14 can't remember) yellow LNF sedans made not to mention a few have since been totaled.

Good luck in your search though.
I did some research on this, it appears as though the state the vehicle was originally desined for changes things, as some states require daytime running lights, and others don't;
Regaurdless the Canadian destined cars (RPO Z49 btw), have a unique setup to comply with Canadian bylaws, and I suspect that I would have to screw with a non-Z49 car to make it pass the out of country inspection... which I'd rather not do.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by C_A_D88
oh jeeze... of course it's in Toronto!
(only about 2,100 miles away!!)

Not to mention it's priced a little high, then add to that the expense getting there, driving back here, and then having to get an out of province inspection... too much $$.. .

Last edited by soundjunky; 10-07-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Hey u specified Canadian lol
Old 10-07-2013, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by C_A_D88
Hey u specified Canadian lol
I surely can't fault Trogdor either...

I appreciate the suggestion...

prefered colours probably look something like this;
  1. Sport Red Tintcoat (1/115)
  2. Imperial Blue Metallic (1/55)
  3. Victory Red (1/80)
  4. Silver Ice Metallic (1/134)
  5. Summit White (1/64)
  6. Black (1/264)
  7. Ralley Yellow (1/36)

If it was 100% my choice, I'd have ralley Yellow at hte top, but I can't fault my wife for having her own preferances...

Funny thing about these cars, is that I've only seen white and yellow sedans in the flesh ~ two of the top three rarest coulours according to GM records (retrieved from Compnine, which for some reasons contradict the old published numbers from GM Sport Compact ~ but I've long suspected this 'discrepancy' was because GMSC didn't include Z49 vehicles).
Old 10-07-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by slapbetcommissioner
...I'll keep my eyes pealed for you. Although I've only seen one for sale in the last three years.
There was a Sport Red Tintcoat one in Prince Rupert BC about two months ago...

But at the time we weren't as seriously considering this...
it's too bad though, it could have doubled asa visit with her family which is a half day drive away in Prince George BC...
Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM

There's a black 2 door for sale out by camrose. Also a silver CSRT-4 just outside of camrose as well when I was there last month
Old 10-07-2013, 12:13 PM

!LOOK! NEW PRICE! 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Sedan low kms - Alberta Cars For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry bud, i am not so sure if i would even consider these cars. all are nice yes, however if i may put my 2 cents in. why not a grand prix gtp, gxp, g8, caddy srx, ats, cts, chev monte, traverse or plain and simple i am sure you could find a deal on a better platformed used car. knowing she dont drive alot, and it would be nicer to have a road trip in a caddy then a balt.

i know my wife would love a traverse. personally i would like something better then a balt. balt is fun but i think a cts would be better.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by SylverSS/SC
There's a black 2 door for sale out by camrose. Also a silver CSRT-4 just outside of camrose as well when I was there last month
2 door is a no-go.

C-SRT4 is more about colour & price, then location, so far nothing good enough to motivate has had us seriously consider it, aside from a blue one being sold locally, but it's too modified (missing or damaged parts ect) for the price asking...

WHOA!!

I have done several searches of late, and this one NEVER came up!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
sorry bud, i am not so sure if i would even consider these cars. all are nice yes, however if i may put my 2 cents in. why not a grand prix gtp, gxp, g8, caddy srx, ats, cts, chev monte, traverse or plain and simple i am sure you could find a deal on a better platformed used car. knowing she dont drive alot, and it would be nicer to have a road trip in a caddy then a balt.

i know my wife would love a traverse. personally i would like something better then a balt. balt is fun but i think a cts would be better.
We have talked about several different cars, but we keep coming back to it first being a four door (which is earsier to fit a baby seat in the back), then have passing power, then having mileage that many heavier V6 vehicles in our price range simply cannot touch.
Jamie did recently find a job (starts on the 15th), but after a kid enters the scene we will be a one-income family - this is non-negotiable, and we are on exactly the same page...

There have been some vehicles that are in the $12k & under range that had the size more akin to what she wants, but then she realized that they would either be pigs on gas, or have less passing power than her current car...

I didn't expect a single responce from this today ~ Thanks everyone for your help (and FAR eceeding my personal expectations here)!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Message sent to the guy in Fort Mac.

(and to Jamie )
Old 10-07-2013, 01:36 PM

hey cant blame me, lol my car has worse mileage then a v8. i vote for more car.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:30 PM

I hear ya.
A stock SS/SC would get the kind of mileage we want, and pass the power point that we are looking for (>200hp for a compact car), but wasn't offered as a sedan;
Hense the vehicles listed - all can get great mileage in stock form, which should make monthly costs down when I'm the only one working.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Where's The Cruze SS?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck in your search. I'm guessing the majority of the Sedans are obviously stateside making even harder for you.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
hey cant blame me, lol my car has worse mileage then a v8. i vote for more car.
Ahhhhheeemmmmmmmm, you want to rephrase that? Lol
Old 10-07-2013, 10:27 PM

rephase it to what? i promise you i get worse mileage then every car i listed.

besides that, what do you know huh? mister im gona trade a procharged 454 for a ricer wanna be ghey car. after you eat that snickers bar and find your testies again come talk to me hahahahah

the next time you get a revelation and think about trading that truck, the words twin turbo c7 better escape that mouth. better yet give me that truck, it deserves a owner who dont fatansies about right hand drive rice made fruit mobile.

my only point was that every car he listed isnt much better in stock form then the cars i listed. hell a ats is a damn lnf with more comfort.

i got to be honest with you jonathan. 2 doors, 4 doors it dont matter child seats are a pain in the **** regardless. i had no issues with a 2 door sunfire when jerr was a baby as far as a child seat was concerned. my biggest issue was space. my best suggestion to you is get a vehicle that is comfy and spacious. child seats, strollers and baby bags take up a ton of space. there would be very little chance to fit 4 adults and a child seat in a 4 door balt. not to mention baby bags, or stroller.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 PM

I hear you Mark.
2 door cars can be manageable fpr family haulers, but this is not about me;
It's about Jamie, about her preferances, and finding something that will suit her preferances...

I have thrown out the ideas of some Pontiac's and Caddy's;
none of which can touch a stock SS/TC or C-SRT4 for mileage, and as a case & point an '09 CTS would be an easy $5k more than the abosolute ceiling of what we're interested in paying, and an ATS (2013 was the first year) is more than $10k over the CTS...
Lets be honest, Caddy's are still an old man's car - this is something that Jamie has pointed out...

We're only concerned about seating for two adults and two car seats, or somethinlike that.
Of all the considered vehicles, the C-SRT4 is probably the best suited space wise, but right now the average price (for non-black; because my brother owns a black one) is $15k - so even those aren't exactly at our price point...

Last edited by soundjunky; 10-07-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:35 PM

My truck gets 10 mpg no matter what. That's all I was getting at lol
Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 PM

chris the one u posted (the white one i think is the one that went through 3 engines at nates)
Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by SylverSS/SC
My truck gets 10 mpg no matter what. That's all I was getting at lol
awe come on you should be able to do better than that!
I managed to eek 20mpg's out of my '70 firebird on one drive between Calgary & Winnipeg (in summer no less!).
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
awe come on you should be able to do better than that!
I managed to eek 20mpg's out of my '70 firebird on one drive between Calgary & Winnipeg (in summer no less!).
lets remember his foot is arguable worse then mine. we both really believe it is a button not a pedal.

i understand what your saying jonathan, however i was just thinking about those times your mom flies into town.

the csrt is the only one in your list i would consider. i am still suggesting a 4 door grand prix gtp 40th anniversary(truely beautiful car)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 AM

i did have one idea but i doubt either of you would consider it. i would find a hhr panel and transplant that spare lnf in it. bring it to me and i will decorate it in the grave digging speed demon soccer mom edition. lol

Quick Reply: Wanted 2009 Cobalt SS sedan (Canada)