Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale Considering trading my 2002 BMW E39 M5

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering trading my 2002 BMW E39 M5

Just testing waters since I've always had a soft spot for the Cobalt ss,
Putting my 2002 e39 M5 up for trade. I could use the extra cash for some personal stuff so I figured I'd see what's floating around.
Details:

2002 BMW M5
202k miles but a ton of maintenance
Oil changed with liquidmoly religiously
New Thrust arms
New lower control arms
New valve cover gaskets
New rear main Seal
Entire rear subframe has been replaced with a lower mileage one
New coil packs
New plugs
New tie rods
New front tires
New windshield
New brake pads
New rotors
New lines
No vanos tick and no engine lights.
New battery
S62 4.9L v8 motor making right about 400hp crank numbers. Haven't taken her to a dyno currently.
Car has the sought after caramel leather interior, fill leather both dash and seats.
Heated seats
Paint is in great shape other then a tiny bit of clear coat fade on the roof.

Modifications :
Supersprint x pipe
Muffler delete to 3in quad tips
Short shifter
Slimmbones front lip
Upgraded angel eyes
Ground control coilovers
Pioneer touchscreen head unit

I am just seeing what's out there, would prefer an lnf motor but I'm not opposed to offers but obviously depending on the offer would like cash on top. Just seeing what's out there. I'm located in Texas and I've been on Craigslist looking but it's easier to post on the forum vs just a Craigslist post.

you can text me 5056037844

Last edited by Cptnslo; 11-09-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Check my IG @619in845 (the photos on here are from the other red cobalt SS i owned)

I have a Victory Red 2005 SS SC with mint seats (no offense but they dont look like yours, but i have always ALWAYS wanted an M5), mint carpet, new fuel lines, 113,000 miles, NO rust (i know that important since you're from TX) i just ordered a full set of front and rear strut mount ass'lys, springs and shocks. The paint on the hood does have clear coat failure. $100 to repaint.

I also dont mind a ride to or halfway to TX. Wasn't looking to trade but saw this & posted for a feeler!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by ash ey
Check my IG @619in845 (the photos on here are from the other red cobalt SS i owned)

I have a Victory Red 2005 SS SC with mint seats (no offense but they dont look like yours, but i have always ALWAYS wanted an M5), mint carpet, new fuel lines, 113,000 miles, NO rust (i know that important since you're from TX) i just ordered a full set of front and rear strut mount ass'lys, springs and shocks. The paint on the hood does have clear coat failure. $100 to repaint.

I also dont mind a ride to or halfway to TX. Wasn't looking to trade but saw this & posted for a feeler!
What is done to it in terms of modifications?
Old 11-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cptnslo
What is done to it in terms of modifications?

It's pretty stock, and well-preserved at that. It was in an accident many years ago before i owned it, so the hood has clear coat failure, but i still keep it waxed and all plastic and other metal on the car has paint that looks great, high gloss still. No rust, dents, dings at all.

My other car had the mods in my signature but this one seems to only have lowering springs and have a catback exhaust, which i just fixed with a new thrush turbo muffler and black ceramic endpipe.

I just ordered a complete F & R set of suspension so technically an OEM mod. Pics on the IG if you have that, or once i leave my office i can shoot some.

I'm also responding impulsively!
Old 11-10-2017, 04:30 PM

It's pretty stock, and well-preserved at that. It was in an accident many years ago before i owned it, so the hood has clear coat failure, but i still keep it waxed and all plastic and other metal on the car has paint that looks great, high gloss still. No rust, dents, dings at all.

My other car had the mods in my signature but this one seems to only have lowering springs and have a catback exhaust, which i just fixed with a new thrush turbo muffler and black ceramic endpipe.

I just ordered a complete F & R set of suspension so technically an OEM mod. Pics on the IG if you have that, or once i leave my office i can shoot some.

I'm also responding impulsively!
Aw crap if it's been in an accident I'm gunna have to pass. My insurance won't even touch a car that's been in one. Thank you for the offer though!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:42 PM

It was a fender bender back in 06 said car fax but all good
Old 11-11-2017, 12:19 AM

It was a fender bender back in 06 said car fax but all good
Sorry, don't ask me why but I traded for a car awhile back and found out they wouldn't insure it and I had to get a whole other company just to insure it. It was retarded
Old 11-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
You could always get the vin number call your insurance and see if they will insure it and how much it would be
Old 11-11-2017, 11:54 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I'd give you my redline in a heartbeat for it. My brother is a BMW tech so I get free parts lol
Old 11-15-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bass_Waves
I'd give you my redline in a heartbeat for it. My brother is a BMW tech so I get free parts lol
Haha that's a pretty huge win for you lol. Regardless of what bmw you get!