Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Loaded 05 RL Flood Car (will consider all offers)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Loaded 05 RL Flood Car (will consider all offers)

I've got an 05 Redline with lots of MODs I need to get rid of. Firstly the car was flooded in Hurricane Harvey but the engine and PCM were not submerged under water. The water was probably up to the AC controls I can send pics of the water line on the inside of the back doors for reference. The car does not run as I assume the BCM got too much water and I think the lack of immobilizer signal wont let it crank. When you turn the key the throttle body clicks and the fuel pump primes but that's it. Im not asking for anything specific pricing wise as I know this is pretty much just a parts car unless someone wants to use it to start a race car project. I stopped driving it in January of 2017 as I needed to get a ZZP BRFPS to solve fueling issues and it sat until the hurricane. The car had around 120k miles and did maybe 5k miles with the complete mods listed here:

GM FE5 Shocks & Struts
GM FE5 Control Arms
Powell YYZ springs
Powell rotated front mounts
ZZP Shifter Bushings
ZZP stage 3 front mount heat exchanger with flow through tank
ZZP Stage 1 axles
ZZP dual pass intercooler plate
ZZP Phenolic intake spacer
ZZP Longtube headers with 3 inch hi flow cat
ZZP 3 inch catback exhaust (replaced the muffler with a borla turbo xs and a borla intercooled tip)
ZZP 82# valve springs & titanium retainers w/updated lash adjusters and rocker arms
ZZP adjustable belt tensioner
Completely new timing chain, guides, tensioners, and sprockets installed in 2016
BOSCH 650cc injectors
ZZP EV6 injector harness
Dual Aeroforce interceptor gauges
AEM UEGO wideband

These parts were installed in 2010:
GMPP clutch
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
GM Stage 1
SFPH non-slip interchangeable pulley system with 3.00 in pulley

I have Injector Dynamics 750cc injectors and a Harrop TVS 1320 (w/standard pulley and Smoothflow 2.9inch) that are not currently on the car but will be included with sale.
This car has a meth kit installed but the injector section was removed when the TVS was installed and I switched to E85.
I have HP tuners VCM but it was in the car at the time so Im not sure it works but I can try hooking it up to a vehicle to find out.

90% of the mods listed were installed a year or so before the flood so they didn't have many miles on them. I will consider any offers, except trades. I just don't want to send this car to the junk yard. I bought it brand new in 05 on a custom order, it was the first Ion Redline in Houston and it was my first car that I bought with my own money. I hate to part with it but we're moving to a new home with less driveway space and I just don't have the time & money to repair it or put it in storage.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
If you can verify that the hpt cable works Id be willing to buy just that, otherwise good luck with the sale. She still looks pretty good.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:28 AM

I'll check it out and let you know. If no one asks for it with the car ill list it separately.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss - I know it must be very difficult to part ways with it especially since you're the original owner and had it for such a long time.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:11 PM

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Sounds like "motivated seller" doesn't do justice with here Holy Crap...he is including loose parts like a Harrop TVS, ID injectors and even the HPT Pro module; as in he doesn't want to deal with parting out the car just get rid of it with a lump sum of money. Looks like a perfect opportunity for anyone with a stock redline, you're basically buying a idk Stage 4,5 kit then scrap the body.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by steelmesh
Sounds like "motivated seller" doesn't do justice with here Holy Crap...he is including loose parts like a Harrop TVS, ID injectors and even the HPT Pro module; as in he doesn't want to deal with parting out the car just get rid of it with a lump sum of money. Looks like a perfect opportunity for anyone with a stock redline, you're basically buying a idk Stage 4,5 kit then scrap the body.

Buy it and sell me the cable
Old 06-20-2019, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by steelmesh
Yeah, I don't have the time or energy to part this car out even though there is a lot of good stuff on it. Everything, body and interior wise, on this car is discontinued. The bumpers and side skirts alone would probably fetch a decent price. With such little interest though I might just have to pull what little I can off of it and send the rest to a salvage yard. That's like $2k or more worth of good parts down the drain.

Last edited by RedLined; 06-20-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
Buy it and sell me the cable
I'm working on checking that out. Just don't have a gm readily available to plug it into.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

The scanner works with OBD pids on any vehicle im pretty sure. Ive used it on my Evo before to log simple stuff.

I wouldnt mind buying the car but youre really far away and I dont have a truck.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
The scanner works with OBD pids on any vehicle im pretty sure. Ive used it on my Evo before to log simple stuff.

I wouldnt mind buying the car but youre really far away and I dont have a truck.
it's at my old house but I'll check it out on my Charger this weekend.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Beautiful car! Sorry for the loss, but I think someone would be happy to take her off your hands! Unfortunately, it can't be me.
GLWTS!