Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Twincharge for sale VERY soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twincharge for sale VERY soon

We just about finished up the tuning today. I want to drive around on it for a little bit. I also want to get it on the dyno for the final tune and get the car to the track. Once I am done the car is up for $18,500. The car has less than 20k miles on it.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:59 PM

But how much abuse has it went through over the 20k period ?
Old 03-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1stbluSS
But how much abuse has it went through over the 20k period ?
Not much more than say most cars on any of these forums.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twincharged
Not much more than say most cars on any of these forums.
So a lot?
Old 03-04-2006, 07:26 PM

why sell it? no sense in twincharging or majorly modifying any car if your just going to sell it...
Old 03-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

We just about finished up the tuning today. I want to drive around on it for a little bit. I also want to get it on the dyno for the final tune and get the car to the track. Once I am done the car is up for $18,500. The car has less than 20k miles on it.
You have this posted in the wrong area for one and two are you moving on to bigger and better things or what?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
You have this posted in the wrong area for one and two are you moving on to bigger and better things or what?

I have no need to keep the car. I am done tuning it and it runs great. I have several LSJs at my disposal if I should want to produce more ideas/product. This is a great deal for who ever comes to me with $18,500. The car has alot more $ in it worth of parts and tuning.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:57 AM

In your honest opinion if you would be so bold as to give it... how many miles does the motor have left before rebuild ? What did you do with the pistons are they still the stock ones ? Also how much clutch do you have left ? Is the timing still good ? What is your AFR ratios like ? At all different phases Idle, throughout the power band, WOT ? Are the tires in good condition or bald from all of the R and D ? What is the interval at which that turbo will need to be rebuilt ?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:55 PM

In your honest opinion if you would be so bold as to give it... how many miles does the motor have left before rebuild ?

This motor has a very good tune on it and there is no reason it won't go another 80k

What did you do with the pistons are they still the stock ones ?

They are the stock pistons and rods and there is no reason to change them. It is all in the tune. If you tune the car so that it doesn't detonate then they will last no problem. The materails are no different than what is in the SRT4s that I have worked on. I made well over 500hp on them

Also how much clutch do you have left ?

The clutch is holding pretty good but could be changed out for a better aftermarket one. This goes for any car as a good upgrade path.

Is the timing still good ?

The timing is perfectly fine. I run peaks of 24degrees. The car is tuned in a way so that it is EXACTLY stock ignition timing under WOT.

What is your AFR ratios like ?

I run safe mid 11:1 AFR under WOT and partial throttle boost.

At all different phases Idle, throughout the power band, WOT ?

Cruising I run 14.7:1 to 15.3:1 which is normal operation. Did I mention there is an AEM wideband right on the dash board in the passenger side center air vent?
Are the tires in good condition or bald from all of the R and D ?

I just rotated the tires and there is plenty of trad left.

What is the interval at which that turbo will need to be rebuilt ?

This is a pure Garrett dual ball bearing turbo with liquid cooled center section. It should last a good long time.

If you are interrested come for a ride and bring your checkbook I bet you will drive it home.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:31 PM

Exclamation

You should submit the car to Domestic Driver E-ZINE before you sell it. We would be interested in putting this Twin turbo Cobalt in the magazine for sure. If you interested look at our submit page of our web site and maybe submit it as a Featured Ride... It might help you sell it at the least and I'm sure our readers would like to read all about it.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
360 L337 User

It's a redline.... Right? not a cobalt?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:45 PM

wait by twin charging you are referring to a turboed ss/sc?
or are you referring to two turbos, one small one large?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:46 PM
360 L337 User

he has a redline with a turbo and a SC
Old 03-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

What did you do with the pistons are they still the stock ones ?

They are the stock pistons and rods and there is no reason to change them. It is all in the tune. If you tune the car so that it doesn't detonate then they will last no problem.

Also how much clutch do you have left ?

The clutch is holding pretty good but could be changed out for a better aftermarket one. This goes for any car as a good upgrade path.
The stock pistons are only good for about 330chp before they turn to dust and the clutch will go very soon if it's still stock. Not blocking a sale, just stating the facts.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 PM

Dude, before you sell it you have to give me a ride in it!!!! YOU PROMISED!! I get my car back late this week, early next week so i'll pm you when the time comes. I wouldn't sell it. I think that's awsome having a supercharged/turbocharged car. But 18k, that's a good price.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:23 PM

It's a Redline I think. In about two weeks my cobalt ss/sc will be Hahn racecraft turboed along with supercharger. Their gathering together the pipes and pieces as we speak, they already have their cobalt twincharged and dyno tuned. Like the man said stock internals are fine, its all in the tune.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MOD MONEY
It's a Redline I think. In about two weeks my cobalt ss/sc will be Hahn racecraft turboed along with supercharger. Their gathering together the pipes and pieces as we speak, they already have their cobalt twincharged and dyno tuned. Like the man said stock internals are fine, its all in the tune.
Like GM said the stock internals turn to powder, the tune only keeps from knocking and blowing up sooner. Just because you tune perfectly, doesn't mean stock internals at 9.5:1 compression hold up to 20+ psi. Trust me...we know.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your right GM said 300 HP. But they are covering there butts and giving out a "safe" number.

Looks like your putting more than 300 HP to the crack with all the No2 are your pistons dust ?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

No, but the power was stopped by the clutch first. We'll see this weekend when I get the car back on the road.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by StreetDreamz
Like GM said the stock internals turn to powder, the tune only keeps from knocking and blowing up sooner. Just because you tune perfectly, doesn't mean stock internals at 9.5:1 compression hold up to 20+ psi. Trust me...we know.
Hahn Racecraft is a very well respected name in blown' applications for many years now. They know what they are talking about.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:27 PM

Dunno about you guys, but somethins fishy here. If I spent a whole lot of time and $$ twincharging my cobalt I would NOT sell it. I think the cars about to blow up and hes trying to cut his losses. Im gonna have to put up the BS flag.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:52 PM

Turn to powder what in the hell are you talking about? How do you know and tell me why again we should trust you? There is nothing fishy here. I have too many cars and I need to consolidate. I kept the RL so I can finish the twincharge tune. Now I am done and can sell it. I can free myself of another car payment. Currently I own 5 cars and 1 trailer. It is too much. I am buying a conversion van, keeping my trailer, and my SRT4 racecar. I am 31 years old,married, and have a 1 year old boy. This Saturn is not in the cards to keep.
The car runs PERFECT. If you are interrested come drive it. I drive it EVERY day,but I am picking up my van tomorrow. After that I am done with the RL.

Many in here don't believe in my car, how fast it is, or how good it runs. Probably because the big names can't or haven't to this point been able to tune it. I did do it. I have a great daily drivable tune and this car ripps. Just ask the supercharged 98 mustang I stomped lastnight on the way to look at my van. In fact I talked to someone on this forum who worked at the dealership.

More or less cut the **** and the speculation because the truth is YOU DON"T KNOW. Quit your intense nut hugging and trying to **** block my car from selling. Who ever buys this car is getting one hell of a deal. The ONLY properly running twincharged LSJ. In fact I will run it at Atco tomorrow night and set the record straight.

Last edited by Twincharged; 03-09-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:03 PM

I belive you twincharged. I hate that you have to depart with it though . No matter what you say/do, there will be haters and non-believers. The fact is that it's twincharged. I mean not everyday do you see a twincharged car running around. I do belive the car runs good.

Think about it guys. This is Rev It Ups stage 4 kit I belive. His car was the r&d car. They wouldn't let him sell it if the product wasn't done yet. They just wouldn't let him bail like that especially if the new owner did not want to go ahead with the project because then they'd have to find someone else to do this on. I truely belive the car is done correctly and is a steal.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 PM

Turn to powder what in the hell are you talking about? How do you know and tell me why again we should trust you? There is nothing fishy here. I have too many cars and I need to consolidate. I kept the RL so I can finish the twincharge tune. Now I am done and can sell it. I can free myself of another car payment. Currently I own 5 cars and 1 trailer. It is too much. I am buying a conversion van, keeping my trailer, and my SRT4 racecar. I am 31 years old,married, and have a 1 year old boy. This Saturn is not in the cards to keep.
The car runs PERFECT. If you are interrested come drive it. I drive it EVERY day,but I am picking up my van tomorrow. After that I am done with the RL.

Many in here don't believe in my car, how fast it is, or how good it runs. Probably because the big names can't or haven't to this point been able to tune it. I did do it. I have a great daily drivable tune and this car ripps. Just ask the supercharged 98 mustang I stomped lastnight on the way to look at my van. In fact I talked to someone on this forum who worked at the dealership.

More or less cut the **** and the speculation because the truth is YOU DON"T KNOW. Quit your intense nut hugging and trying to **** block my car from selling. Who ever buys this car is getting one hell of a deal. The ONLY properly running twincharged LSJ. In fact I will run it at Atco tomorrow night and set the record straight.
It's simply time to post time slips or dyno sheets !
Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 PM

i wanna see some vids, just for ***** and giggles...

Quick Reply: Twincharge for sale VERY soon