Drag Racing Kindle Racing and Dalcorp Racing

finally beat something a LITTLE more worthy..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
finally beat something a LITTLE more worthy..

my old buddy hits me up last night saying to meet him at our old workplace to see his new ride.

doesn't tell me what it is, so i try calling it - a 2008 silver wrx. he says NO. i'm like damn, go up there.

its a BLUE 08 wrx. ************, haha.

real clean ride, lah-dee-da, lets race.

his rides stock, my mods in sig, no tune yet

geneva rd, 35-40 roll (ppl behind us, can't stop)

pretty quickly have 1/4 car on him. top of 3rd abou 90ish i'm a full car ahead!

haha, he was pissed he lost to a new cavalier essentially, but i thought he would win, i didn't know it was 3200lbs and only 224 hp...

CLIFF NOTES: **** off, just read above

so now my kills worth mentioning:

350z
wrx
modded 03 wrx
big turbo 98 gsx eclipse
thats all i can remember
Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice kill, not to good of a race though considering he's probably only putting in the high 100's for whp so you should have beaten him

But good race non the less
Old 10-13-2011, 12:50 PM

Ya the new body style with only the 225hp powerplant are slow.

I raced a 2011 with 265hp, he got me by about a car, that was with my old motor tho...now i'm sure I would easily walk a stock WRX.

Good race tho, you think he is pissed he lost to a "new" cavalier, you should see how pissed people are when they lose to a Sunfire, the "Girl" version of the Cavalier.

HAHA
Old 10-13-2011, 01:02 PM

I never see any decent cars on the highway to mess with. One time I saw a magnum, rt/srt can't remember, but I had my son in the car. He wanted to mess around, kept reving but I held off trying to be responsible. Just remembered there were 2 NSX's on my way back from NY, just having my meth tune done I had to play and they weren't pulling away. I figured they had a lot more then what they really do. Honda's Ferrari competition, I think not....
Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
nice kill. I love me some WRX. I want an STI so bad.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by klloyd
I never see any decent cars on the highway to mess with. One time I saw a magnum, rt/srt can't remember, but I had my son in the car. He wanted to mess around, kept reving but I held off trying to be responsible. Just remembered there were 2 NSX's on my way back from NY, just having my meth tune done I had to play and they weren't pulling away. I figured they had a lot more then what they really do. Honda's Ferrari competition, I think not....
NSXs were quick in 1991. By today's standards they are pretty slow.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 AM

damn hit me up when you go out cruising !! good kill.. i was on my way out driving the other day and a new elise lotus pulls up next to me im like great lol i dont wanna waste my winter tires on this he insist of wanting to go so being a ******* i am i yelled out the window "why do you wanna lose?" he yells lets go punk im like wtf alright he honks 3 times and we take off i pull a bus lenght on him and i slow down caught up to traffic and looked back at him when he actually caught back up .. i yelled good run lol as i giggled in my head lol thumbs up and he just flicks me off like damn you just got rocked by a cobalt and i laughed at him and said its okay i didnt spend bookooooooo money on a car thats slow as hell lol all in all it sure was a funny and cool run even thought i didnt wanna race anyone since im trying to save my winter tires >.<
Old 10-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea the 08 WRX is kinda of a slug. For whatever reason they put a baby turbo on it and then switched a larger turbo in 09. my buddy has an 08 with tbe, intake and tune and i would mega lengths on him when i was on stock turbo with bolt ons and tune.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 AM

Are you still running the stock pulley and tune? Either way good kill
Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
interesting, I think you should have crushed it by alot more.

I ran an 08 wrx with a stage 2 cobb tune.

I was stock at the time and we did it at the drag strip. Heres the terrible video. lol sorry about the quality.

I was on a stock tune but I had a downpipe, charge pipe, and an intake I think but still made factory power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTMUs_J7Qio
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by newt
Ya the new body style with only the 225hp powerplant are slow.

I raced a 2011 with 265hp, he got me by about a car, that was with my old motor tho...now i'm sure I would easily walk a stock WRX.

Good race tho, you think he is pissed he lost to a "new" cavalier, you should see how pissed people are when they lose to a Sunfire, the "Girl" version of the Cavalier.

HAHA
yea i didn't know they were that underpowered at first, just my buddy and wanted to race, probly thinking he can beat a balt to wipe the smirk off my face

Originally Posted by LittleRedRocketSS
damn hit me up when you go out cruising !! good kill.. i was on my way out driving the other day and a new elise lotus pulls up next to me im like great lol i dont wanna waste my winter tires on this he insist of wanting to go so being a ******* i am i yelled out the window "why do you wanna lose?" he yells lets go punk im like wtf alright he honks 3 times and we take off i pull a bus lenght on him and i slow down caught up to traffic and looked back at him when he actually caught back up .. i yelled good run lol as i giggled in my head lol thumbs up and he just flicks me off like damn you just got rocked by a cobalt and i laughed at him and said its okay i didnt spend bookooooooo money on a car thats slow as hell lol all in all it sure was a funny and cool run even thought i didnt wanna race anyone since im trying to save my winter tires >.<
rofl thats funny yea i should hit u up sometime to cruise except ur much faster than me. nice kill with the lotus, reminds me of when i first got my buddys 350z the night i gt my car that was 3k cheaper and 3 years newer and 60 hp less!

Originally Posted by MyOtherSS
Are you still running the stock pulley and tune? Either way good kill
im stock. injen, bad mab, rotated mounts, and h/e

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
interesting, I think you should have crushed it by alot more.

I ran an 08 wrx with a stage 2 cobb tune.

I was stock at the time and we did it at the drag strip. Heres the terrible video. lol sorry about the quality.

I was on a stock tune but I had a downpipe, charge pipe, and an intake I think but still made factory power.

2009 Cobalt SS sedan vs 2008 wrx - YouTube
well you have a turbo model, i'm supercharged and stock, so the power weight ratio of my car is only a smidgen better than the 08 wrx hatch.
~stock balt 205/2900= 14.14
~stock wrx 225/3300= 14.66
Old 10-14-2011, 02:11 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by riceburner
yea i didn't know they were that underpowered at first, just my buddy and wanted to race, probly thinking he can beat a balt to wipe the smirk off my face

rofl thats funny yea i should hit u up sometime to cruise except ur much faster than me. nice kill with the lotus, reminds me of when i first got my buddys 350z the night i gt my car that was 3k cheaper and 3 years newer and 60 hp less!

im stock. injen, bad mab, rotated mounts, and h/e

well you have a turbo model, i'm supercharged and stock, so the power weight ratio of my car is only a smidgen better than the 08 wrx hatch.
~stock balt 205/2900= 14.14
~stock wrx 225/3300= 14.66
Good Point! Im sorry I thought you had a turbo balt! then I would say you did really well!