Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/)
-   -   Which clutch has had best performance? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/clutch-has-had-best-performance-16722/)

dstinsman56 04-05-2006 09:43 PM

Which clutch has had best performance?

Hey guys i have the stock clutch still but i plan on buying a aftermarket one very soon. What i was wondering was what have other people been putting in theres and if they are happy with it (slippage, drivability) and what price they paid for parts/labor.

JCswoosher2 04-05-2006 10:11 PM

most common is Spec Stage 2+

plyboy-illest 04-05-2006 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by JCswoosher2
most common is Spec Stage 2+

yea i head spec stage 2+ is good head nothing bad about it ...

Bad06SS 04-05-2006 10:12 PM

Fast06SS uses a spec 2+ and a fidenza flywheel. It's held up perfect after tons of abuse. This is the route I'm getting ready to go, I think it would be somewhere around $1300.00 installed for both.

victory_red_SS 04-05-2006 10:13 PM

Yes please respond as I also have to order soon. It seems the only choices right now for the 2.0 is Spec or Clutchmasters.

victory_red_SS 04-05-2006 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
Fast06SS uses a spec 2+ and a fidenza flywheel. It's held up perfect after tons of abuse. This is the route I'm getting ready to go, I think it would be somewhere around $1300.00 installed for both.

Will this hold up to 350-400hP? or is stage 3 needed.

Bad06SS 04-05-2006 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Will this hold up to 350-400hP? or is stage 3 needed.

It's not the horsepower you need to worry about, it's the torque. The spec 2+ can hold
~385 lbs of torque, which is plenty. These engines don't make that much torque, so I personally think it would be fine. Remember to go with either a 2+ or 3+, those are the only ones worth buying. A 2+ has the same torque capacity as a stage 3, but with better feel. A spec 3+ has the same torque capacity as a stage 4, but with the feel of a stage 3.
INTENSE has these on their site with more info.:)

victory_red_SS 04-05-2006 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
It's not the horsepower you need to worry about, it's the torque. The spec 2+ can hold
~385 lbs of torque, which is plenty. These engines don't make that much torque, so I personally think it would be fine. Remember to go with either a 2+ or 3+, those are the only ones worth buying. A 2+ has the same torque capacity as a stage 3, but with better feel. A spec 3+ has the same torque capacity as a stage 4, but with the feel of a stage 3.
INTENSE has these on their site with more info.:)

Thanks for the info.
I have tried Intense's site and it never comes up right. Even when I downloaded the lastest java, disabled my firewalls. They tell me to just call (I have emailed them) but then no one ever answers the phone. Always a recording and being in Canada that can add up.

dstinsman56 04-06-2006 12:13 AM

bump

FAST06SS 04-06-2006 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Thanks for the info.
I have tried Intense's site and it never comes up right. Even when I downloaded the lastest java, disabled my firewalls. They tell me to just call (I have emailed them) but then no one ever answers the phone. Always a recording and being in Canada that can add up.

I forwarded this info to Scott at INTENSE. They were out of town friday thru sunday but i will make sure you get taken care of.
Rob

victory_red_SS 04-06-2006 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
I forwarded this info to Scott at INTENSE. They were out of town friday thru sunday but i will make sure you get taken care of.
Rob