Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/)
-   -   KY Stage 3 PLUS anyone? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/ky-stage-3-plus-anyone-321708/)

Snail_SS 05-26-2016 07:09 AM

Sure go for it

T-Man 05-26-2016 03:05 PM

I vote a new stock clutch.

Both my dad and I are running a K04R at well over 380whp/400wtq on ethanol with zero slip issues. My car has the original 59K mile stocker (been tuned and driven spiritedly since 31K when I purchased it) and I was actually able to scratch 3rd gear before my new NT555 G2's***. My dad blew his transmission by trying to NLS into 5th(what a dip shit, right? LOL) and when he replaced the transmission, he put in a brand new stock clutch and I cannot for the life of me get it to slip.

Also, stop going WOT in 5th. 4th gear is plenty good up to 130-135MPH. Anything over that, stop. You have no reason to throw 5th unless you like to unnecessarily stress your motor/transmission.

*** Before anyone tells me that it was my clutch slipping, I have the logs to verify the wheel spin. I know what clutch slip looks like.

LNFwagonSS 05-26-2016 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by T-Man (Post 7609739)
I vote a new stock clutch.

Both my dad and I are running a K04R at well over 380whp/400wtq on ethanol with zero slip issues. My car has the original 59K mile stocker (been tuned and driven spiritedly since 31K when I purchased it) and I was actually able to scratch 3rd gear before my new NT555 G2's***. My dad blew his transmission by trying to NLS into 5th(what a dip shit, right? LOL) and when he replaced the transmission, he put in a brand new stock clutch and I cannot for the life of me get it to slip.

Also, stop going WOT in 5th. 4th gear is plenty good up to 130-135MPH. Anything over that, stop. You have no reason to throw 5th unless you like to unnecessarily stress your motor/transmission.

*** Before anyone tells me that it was my clutch slipping, I have the logs to verify the wheel spin. I know what clutch slip looks like.

:lol: I NLS to 5th every time I'm racing on the highway. Most of the roll racing I do is to 40-140+mph. But I'm literally trying to break my tranny :lol:

T-Man 05-26-2016 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by LNFwagonSS (Post 7609742)
:lol: I NLS to 5th every time I'm racing on the highway. Most of the roll racing I do is to 40-140+mph. But I'm literally trying to break my tranny :lol:

The Pimp Van is vastly different here! Shorter FD and as you said, you're trying to break it! :lol:

My pop had no business trying to NLS into 5th with a trans on its last leg at 78K miles. Dude was NLSing the car tuned/ethanol tuned since he bought it (over 10K miles worth of daily, 10x+ NLS) and finally said "NOPE!". That's why I said he was a dip shit and if you asked him, he'd agree

:lol::lol::lol:

denn69 05-26-2016 11:52 PM

here are the broken ottp bar pics

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks again for all the replies. I hear ya with 5th wot but its hard to hit 130-140 on a morning commute lol. here are the broken sway bar pics. It was just cracked in a few places however I just got home and made a hard right and heard the snap. It looks rusty so maybe that had helped it along. I do think maybe I will go GMPP for the clutch. I looked around at a lot of posts and everyone has good things to say. I just don't want to under rate the clutch and then be limited in the future if I decide to bump up higher in the MODS.

dennis69 05-27-2016 12:03 AM

Just realized I have 2 screen names lol.

TurboTechRacing 05-27-2016 09:38 PM

The KY stage 3+ is VERY popular. Never heard of a single issue.