Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

No start: Clutch position sensor 09 TC

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No start: Clutch position sensor 09 TC

As the title states I'm getting a no start condition. I have already had the ignition replaced under the recall. I can get it to start by holding the key in the start position and pumping on the clutch until it eventually starts.

Has anyone tried to replace the sensor that can tell when the clutch is pressed all the way in?

I can't even see it with my head under the dash?

Chime in if you have any helpful info. I rather not take it to the dealership due to them abusing my car when they replaced the ignition. (bouncing off rev limiter squealing tires and beating on it)
Old 01-20-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
That's the easier of the two clutch switches to replace.

The upper one is located way up inside the dash, and is used for deactivating the cruise control. It is a pain in the butt to replace, but it is not the switch you are looking for.

The one you need to replace is located near the firewall, behind the clutch pedal. When you find the switch (I think it is white and blue in color), reach behind the bracket and twist off the plastic nut that holds it in place. Then unplug the switch and remove it. At this point, you'll realize that the switch was probably just out of adjustment. So, reinstall the switch and adjust it (with the plastic nut that holds it in place) so that it works when the clutch is pressed in all the way. Make sure that it is tight in the bracket... if it is loose, it will work it's way out again. Plug in the switch and give it a try. If you need to replace the switch, the part is only about $10 at the dealer.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by toolman
That's the easier of the two clutch switches to replace.

The upper one is located way up inside the dash, and is used for deactivating the cruise control. It is a pain in the butt to replace, but it is not the switch you are looking for.

You mention the top one is a pain to get to. That's the one I need to replace to determine if it is the reason my cruise control isn't working. It seems simple to do once you remove the pivot nut/ bolt and then the pedal will just come off. However, that nut is impossible to get to with a wrench. AND, there is no bolt head, it is just flat and round.

Can you PLEASE offer any insight into how I can replace that upper (cruise control kill) switch?

I will be very grateful
Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jaydd73
You mention the top one is a pain to get to. That's the one I need to replace to determine if it is the reason my cruise control isn't working. It seems simple to do once you remove the pivot nut/ bolt and then the pedal will just come off. However, that nut is impossible to get to with a wrench. AND, there is no bolt head, it is just flat and round.

Can you PLEASE offer any insight into how I can replace that upper (cruise control kill) switch?

I will be very grateful
Honestly, once I saw how difficult is was going to be to access the switch, I took it to the dealer to be fixed. The switch was around $10, and it was an hour or two of labor. Just to be sure, have you checked to make sure all of your tail lights are working? Burned out brake lights will disable the cruise. You can also disconnect the battery for a bit because that can also reset the cruise. In my case, I knew it was the clutch switch because I could sometimes wiggle or lift up on the clutch pedal to get the cruise to activate.