Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

short shifter kit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
short shifter kit??

this is what that looks like

I cannot get my 2010 ss/tc into first or second gear im guessing its a linkage issue? im just just about to order the twm short shifter kit (is this a good kit if not whats the best) my question is would installing that with new base bushings and cable clamps fix my problem ? I cant seem to find a kit for the ss/tc are they the exact same?
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by blackpanthersstc

this is what that looks like

I cannot get my 2010 ss/tc into first or second gear im guessing its a linkage issue? im just just about to order the twm short shifter kit (is this a good kit if not whats the best) my question is would installing that with new base bushings and cable clamps fix my problem ? I cant seem to find a kit for the ss/tc are they the exact same?
The zip tie makes it look like that clamp is busted.

Could be a few different things causing the shifter issue, that broken clamp being one, or binding cables, broken roll pin, shifter out of adjustment, etc.

As to the short shifter, skip the TWM and get the OTTP. I have the TWM, and although I like it, I would go the OTTP route if I did it again. Everyone that has one loves it, and the TWM takes a fuckton of time to adjust right, while the reverse lockout is stiff no matter what you do.
The following users liked this post:
blackpanthersstc (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 04:34 PM

thanks for the reply so you think with purchasing the new shifter and cable clamp bushings would maybe fix it?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:51 PM

thanks for the reply so you think with purchasing the new shifter and cable clamp bushings would maybe fix it?
As long as the roll pin on the linkage at the trans is good and the cables move freely, I don't see why not. Also, as long as the trans has no internal issues that haven't been addressed.

Is it hard to get in gear with it running but slide in when it's off, or is it just a pain no matter what?
Old 05-22-2017, 08:26 PM

it's hard to get in just in general. i was thinking it was the syncros at first but i haven't had any grinding trying to get into gears before so i'm really hoping it's not the tranny
Old 05-22-2017, 08:38 PM

it's hard to get in just in general. i was thinking it was the syncros at first but i haven't had any grinding trying to get into gears before so i'm really hoping it's not the tranny
Could just be the broken clamp slipping and causing you adjustment issues. I'd look over the linkage outside(have someone move shifter around looking for play), and if it looks good you probably just need to replace that clamp. That'd be the one you'd replace anyway if you get the uograded one with a short throw kit.