Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Which Trans Mounts?

Old 06-13-2017, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Trans Mounts?

Im sure this has been posted somewhere on here sometime before but not recently enough that i can find it! Im looking at buying new mounts mostly to reduce shock on the case and axles. Ive seen that everyone with lowered cobalts uses the rotated mounts to align the axles but lowering my Cobalt isnt really something i can do considering i scrape almost everywhere now at stock height.. I assume installing a rotated mount at stock height will put the axles out of line so whats my best bet as far as upgrading the mounts goes?
Old 06-13-2017, 09:52 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by BLavIII_SS
Im sure this has been posted somewhere on here sometime before but not recently enough that i can find it! Im looking at buying new mounts mostly to reduce shock on the case and axles. Ive seen that everyone with lowered cobalts uses the rotated mounts to align the axles but lowering my Cobalt isnt really something i can do considering i scrape almost everywhere now at stock height.. I assume installing a rotated mount at stock height will put the axles out of line so whats my best bet as far as upgrading the mounts goes?
Rotated mounts are still the way to go. I'd suggest Powell. I got a sweet deal on the OTTP ones, but I'm still thinking of replacing them with the Powell ones eventually. The rest of my suspension is Powell, and even though I don't track the car like some others here do, I love the increased feel everything provided, even if I just rip twisty back roads occasionally.
The following users liked this post:
BLavIII_SS (06-13-2017)
Old 06-13-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like Powell is the way to go. Especially for me in canada!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:31 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
Oh yeah, that's a no brainer at that point. Just email Gloria, she'll get you pricing.
gloria@powellraceshop.com
BLavIII_SS (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 05:57 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Powell is the way to go like ^ he said
BLavIII_SS (06-14-2017)

Search this Thread