Dyno Results Dyno pictures, videos and dyno results.

My GMPP Catback Dyno Results!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
touring costs more b/c the muffler and resonator are different... and more expensive...
Old 10-15-2006, 05:44 PM

oh ok. i wish someone had a clip up of how a touring sounds because the ggmp exhaust is what i definitly want (naturally since i've seen the hp gains) but i dont know which to get b/c i dont know how it sounds
Old 10-15-2006, 05:53 PM

nvm about the sound clip *hits himself on the head*
Old 10-15-2006, 06:26 PM

I haven't found a "sound clip" that will do any exhaust justice in my book... something about recording/digitizing that makes these things sound ricey...

they're loud... but not ricey at all... I think you'll like the sound of the Sport exhaust... especially if you have the SS/SC
Old 10-16-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
I haven't found a "sound clip" that will do any exhaust justice in my book... something about recording/digitizing that makes these things sound ricey...

they're loud... but not ricey at all... I think you'll like the sound of the Sport exhaust... especially if you have the SS/SC

Agreed, i just had mine installed four days ago. Of course they forgot the exhaust tip, but it still sounded great. I had to go to advance auto and buy a cheap 20$ exhaust tip to keep from melting my rear bumper, but even with that tiny little tip, the exhaust still sounds AMAZING, especially in the car.

Granted, its not the loudest exhaust, especially in lower RPM's, but thats what sold it to me, because i can still have a casual conversation at 80mph.

Its definately a good purchase, i cant imagine a 2.0 liter sounding any better.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LandonElf
Granted, its not the loudest exhaust, especially in lower RPM's, but thats what sold it to me, because i can still have a casual conversation at 80mph.

Its definately a good purchase, i cant imagine a 2.0 liter sounding any better.
I can't agree more
Old 10-24-2006, 05:49 PM

Nice thread here.

Please correct me if I am wrong here on my impressions as I have debated in mind over Corsa and GMPP for months now.

I have GMPP Stage 2 and maybe,maybe someday I will go with 2.8 pulley colder plug, and some GMPP parts out of the LSJ buildup on gmtunersource and gmperformancedivision.com. I don't plan on running more than 300 wheel HP if I plan on spending 4K for all the GM parts, Pistions, camshaft, camgears head ect..

So will the GMPP catback be enough if I go up that high?

The gains for the touring vs. the sport are identical on GMPP exhaust? I want to go touring as I don't want any drone.

Gains for GMPP vs. Corsa for GM stage 2 cars should be about the same?

How does Magnaflow compare to the other two for drone vs. performance? I see dyno charts for the Magnaflow to have 13 lb tq gain and only 7 wheel HP.

Lastly how productive is a CAI and GMPP Exhaust manifold if you already have the exhaust? IE some folks get say 10 HP out of a CAI, but if you already have a catback will you really get another 10 HP. My gut says no. Same thing with the GMPP header will you get another 10 HP or more like 3 HP for the GMPP header?

Kind of long I know but I just want to make the right choice.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Banned

sounds good Jonel
Old 12-25-2006, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSSilver
Nice thread here.

Please correct me if I am wrong here on my impressions as I have debated in mind over Corsa and GMPP for months now.

I have GMPP Stage 2 and maybe,maybe someday I will go with 2.8 pulley colder plug, and some GMPP parts out of the LSJ buildup on gmtunersource and gmperformancedivision.com. I don't plan on running more than 300 wheel HP if I plan on spending 4K for all the GM parts, Pistions, camshaft, camgears head ect..

The gains for the touring vs. the sport are identical on GMPP exhaust? I want to go touring as I don't want any drone.

How does Magnaflow compare to the other two for drone vs. performance? I see dyno charts for the Magnaflow to have 13 lb tq gain and only 7 wheel HP.

Lastly how productive is a CAI and GMPP Exhaust manifold if you already have the exhaust? IE some folks get say 10 HP out of a CAI, but if you already have a catback will you really get another 10 HP. My gut says no. Same thing with the GMPP header will you get another 10 HP or more like 3 HP for the GMPP header?

I'd like to bump this......GMPP exhaust enough for GM stage 3, or do we need the 2.5" Corsa?
Old 12-25-2006, 09:31 PM

I'd like to bump this......GMPP exhaust enough for GM stage 3, or do we need the 2.5" Corsa?

my logic says its enough.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Banned

update for christmas i got a gmpp exhaust. definetly looking forward to installing it later on in january. i got the performance exhaust system so i will definetly be looking forward to this. merry christmas
Old 12-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Banned

o and are the gains for a 2.2 ecotec the same for the exhaust than the 2.0 ss/sc?? thanks
Old 12-25-2006, 11:56 PM

if u are planning on doing more in the future u will definitely want the corsa. gmpp is fine for a stage II tho
Old 12-26-2006, 10:52 AM

I got, well getting prob tomorrow (ordered) a GMPP touring catback and manifold!! sssoo looking forward to getting that installed!! WWhhoohoo!! bring on the Greddy turbo SI's
Old 12-26-2006, 12:18 PM

I actually like what it did for his torque curve. Filled in the bottom end a little and actually give him enough flow that the top end was restricted, so his overall curve went even flatter than stock.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by InfinityzeN
I actually like what it did for his torque curve. Filled in the bottom end a little and actually give him enough flow that the top end was restricted, so his overall curve went even flatter than stock.
You say it restricts you on top and gives you a flatter torque curve?? If its restrciting you on top it would give you oposite than flat torque curve wouldnt it??
Old 12-26-2006, 10:52 PM

It sounds good
Old 12-26-2006, 11:08 PM

wow an actual cat back that makes 12hp!
Old 12-26-2006, 11:26 PM

my gmpp touring system has been on back order fro two weeks now.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by martinsmu
You say it restricts you on top and gives you a flatter torque curve?? If its restrciting you on top it would give you oposite than flat torque curve wouldnt it??
his reasoning is that if you add more to the bottom, take some away from the top, that the line is flatter (more horizontal). if you do the opposite (for example), the bottom-end is reallllly low, but the top is reallllly high. this is approaching a more verticle curve.

although i would not venture to say that this exhaust restricts you on top. it is smaller diameter, but i would believe the performance muffler flows much better.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Banned

is the 12 hp for all ecotecs or just the ss/sc?????
Old 12-27-2006, 09:18 AM

ARG, was suppose to be unrestricted, not restricted. From everything I've seen, the GMPP Exhaust gives you more backpressure at the low end (picks up low end torque) but flows better than stock once the pressure builds up (picking up the top end).

Doh, sorry about that. I think I said restricted because that is what you often see from the GMPP Exhaust when you start putting smaller pulleys on. But with what he has right now, no restrictions.

And yea ReMz, thats what happens when you put one of those big azz 3" straight pipe exhaust on.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice thread here.

Any answers to this because its either the GM Performance exhaust or Magnaflow for me. I plan on doing stage 2 and some more mods in the future wil the GM exhuast be able to handle 275hp or even 260hp at that. IMO i think it will be much more restrictive than a magnaflow with 2.5 piping. I have heard from many people not to go 2.25 because it will become restrictive so if anyone can answer? Also is Magnaflow emissions legal?
Old 12-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by rocco11189
Any answers to this because its either the GM Performance exhaust or Magnaflow for me. I plan on doing stage 2 and some more mods in the future wil the GM exhuast be able to handle 275hp or even 260hp at that. IMO i think it will be much more restrictive than a magnaflow with 2.5 piping. I have heard from many people not to go 2.25 because it will become restrictive so if anyone can answer? Also is Magnaflow emissions legal?
I am still not convinced by people saying larger is the way to go to reach 300hp. everything I read says flowrate dictates all so from what I can tell the gm performance exhaust has plenty in terms of flow rate since so far it hasn't shown signs of being restrictive at all. lots of people say oh but it will eventually become restrictive and that kind of comment is kinda like uh DUH of course it will ... but WHEN. some quote 250-280 others say at most 300 but noone has proof. someone will get there and hopefully that ends this argument. there are a couple that are close like ct but so far it is just slightly beyond reach
Old 12-27-2006, 02:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good point onimirage but i did hear from a good friend in the family who has his own shop if you plan on running higher hp numbers you will need a bigger exhaust to keep detonation down. also i heard if you want to run a 2.8 pulley or smaller it will become restricted as well. he told me go magnaflow 2.5 your safe either way.

Quick Reply: My GMPP Catback Dyno Results!