Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

LED projector vs Reflector

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LED projector vs Reflector

I installed LEDs into my projectors and they work great.. Now I want to get LEDs for the highbeams..I just now noticed that my highbeams are in the reflector style housing.. Im pretty sure I know the answer to this but wanted confirmation... If I purchase the same LEDs and put them in the reflector housing, that will be brighter and illuminate more than the projector housing, right?
Old 11-25-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can’t speak from experience, I would think that you would get a wider spread of the light but not as far down road because the light is less focused. What kind of LED’s did you get? I’ve been considering LED’s for my low beams as well.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amazon Amazon

I have the spec d ccfl halos/projectors and they have enough room for the fan on the LEDs. Does require u to bend the pin a little that holds it into the assembly. Only because when u twist the led into place it hits that pin, unlatching. You just have to bend it back away from the light a little.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:25 PM

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ultrasilverSS06
I can’t speak from experience, I would think that you would get a wider spread of the light but not as far down road because the light is less focused. What kind of LED’s did you get? I’ve been considering LED’s for my low beams as well.
This is my observations on my canyon with aftermarket leds added. The projector focuses the light wide and short. Looks allot like fog lights actually.

Ended up ordering some hids.

Every projector is different as are led light brands for the most part. It's possible that some manufacturers have the focal point set better than others. They all look pretty much the same based on pics though.