Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Best BlueTooth kit to retrofit 2006 Cobalt is the iSimple TranzIt BLU HF ISFM2351

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best BlueTooth kit to retrofit 2006 Cobalt is the iSimple TranzIt BLU HF ISFM2351

Just what I hope is a helpful post for people looking for Bluetooth options for their Cobalt. (I have no ties to iSimple, this is just in case someone is searching for options)

The iSimple TranzIt BLU HF ISFM2351 Music Streaming Hands Free Kit was an easy install, and probably best for the Cobalt. It works by sitting between the antenna in from the physical antenna to the radio, and "intercepts" the broadcast on 98.1FM (though you can change the station with an Android or iphone app). Since it is directly wired in, there seems to be zero interference with outside FM broadcasts.

Note you will need TWO aftermarket antenna adapters that do not come with the kit...you have to adapt the GM mini male antenna lead to a "standard" antenna lead, and then back from standard female to mini GM male again. There are many aftermarket adapters that can do this. The Metra 40-GM20 Aftermarket Antenna to GM (General Motors) Radio with Mini Barb and the Harmony HA-40GM10 was the other adapter I used.

Wiring was easy...just a ground wire, and a switched power wire. I actually used a fuse tap to the sunroof lead for switched power.

There are two "external" controls. One is the microphone. I ran that along the sunroof gasket, and then down the passenger side A pillar. The microphone itself I put close to where my head would be, on the driver side up by the sunroof gasket like this:

Microphone from iSimple TranzIt BLU HF Bluetooth kit run along sunroof gasket

There is also a control button...I drilled a small hole to run the wire for this one, and put it dead center of the radio like this:

Green phone and media playback control button for iSimple TranzIt BLU HF ISFM2351 Bluetooth kit

You could of course mount this somewhere else.

The actual electronics unit is quite small, and fits easily in the gap between the radio and the environmental controls.

The unit will even display what is playing as messages on the radio display. It is quite good, and preserves all other controls as it is just "feeding" audio information through the FM antenna.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone.