Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Car stays on w/o key after interceptor...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Interceptor powers car, and wideband doesn't work..

I installed my interceptor today..
Ran it to the OBD2, and then got power from the ACC wire that goes into the back of my aftermarket headunit..

Interceptor works great.. Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I turn the key all the way back (off mode or whatever you wanna call it), remove the key from the ignition, and the car STILL RUNS for about 10 seconds... Any advice? Oh, and my interceptor stays on for awhile (couple minutes atleast, I didn't want to wait and see how long it'd take).. but my buddy said they turn off after 10 minutes.. any way to change that?

EDIT: NEW PROBLEM
If I plug in my interceptor, it powers my whole car? Like having my interceptor hooked up is like having my key to turned to the accesories.. But I don't need a key to do it......

Nowwww my ******* wideband......
All hooked up.. But when I turn my car on, the lights (on the wideband) are super dimmed annnnnd it's not reading.. like it'll go 11.1 22.2 33.3 etc all the way to 99.9, and then read --.- for a little bit, and then repeat the numbers and so on...

Last edited by Tstonee; 07-21-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
..... lol
Old 07-20-2011, 12:38 AM

Dude you got a free turbo timer without the turbo lol.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Banned

I don't think it's good haha.. But one time I did it, pulled the key, and I could even rev the engine with the key in my hand.. Never tried putting it into gear or anything.. didn't wanna get too risky.. But has anyone ever heard of this? /:

Oh, and I found this in the manual .. If both parameters being displayed are analog inputs, the gauge will not turn
off immediately when the car is shut off. This is because the gauge is not
scanning the car and does not know it is off. After 10 minutes the gauge will
check the car’s status, at which time it will see the car is off and turn itself of
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 AM

i just have mine plugged into the obd2 it does the same thing but as soon as i hit the lock button with the fob it goes off no big deal
Old 07-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JacBlackSS/TC
i just have mine plugged into the obd2 it does the same thing but as soon as i hit the lock button with the fob it goes off no big deal
Too bad my fob doesn't work ! /:<
But you have yours just plugged into the OBD2.. and nothing else? No power or ground wire?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:28 PM

This happened on my brothers cavalier when he tapped into the cruise control fuse by mistake. I would see if turning off the cruise control switch eliminates the issue. If this does eliminate the issue, you need to find a new source for power.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

thats weird, and with the ss/tc all you do is plug it into the OBD2
Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM

yeah it should draw power from obd2, but mine stay on a little extra from time to time but then shut off so nbd. no other power supply other then obd is needed though.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

if it is plugged jsut into the OBD2, then it doesn't turn on unless I press the buttons too..

I ran power to the fuse box now, and got the exact same problem.. car still runs for about 10 seconds after I pull the key.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 PM

thats wierd, are any of your wires cut? Also could be in the settings if you say it turns on when you hit the buttons.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dayhoff35
thats wierd, are any of your wires cut? Also could be in the settings if you say it turns on when you hit the buttons.
Well I tapped into the ACC wire that goes into the back of my aftermarket headunit.. but then I undid that and now I ran my power to the fuse box and it still runs w/o the key..

There are 3 wires that come with the interceptor that all go into 1 harness, they're red, white, and green. I ran the red one to the fuse box, and the white and green one aren't ran to anything.. Could possibly one of those be ground and I need to run them somewhere for ground power?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

with the ss/sc you have to run a power wire.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM

did you cut the wire though or just tap into it? if you cut it thats why its not getting power from just obd2. also what fuse do you have it added to? I still say just wire the harness and plug into obd2 and then check your settings.

edit didnt know there was a difference, but still would think if you used the right fuse it would shut off with the car. When you wired it to the radio it stays on because you wired it to the continuos power supply and not the remote. Maybe try wiring the ground over to the remote wire for the radio.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Should I do anything with the other 2 wires? The green and white one
Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 PM

read my post above about the remote wire, just an idea.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

did you cut the wire though or just tap into it? if you cut it thats why its not getting power from just obd2. also what fuse do you have it added to? I still say just wire the harness and plug into obd2 and then check your settings.

edit didnt know there was a difference, but still would think if you used the right fuse it would shut off with the car. When you wired it to the radio it stays on because you wired it to the continuos power supply and not the remote. Maybe try wiring the ground over to the remote wire for the radio.
I cut it?.... /:

But now that I have it powered to the fuse box, it is to the 20A something something..

But whiiiich one is the ground?

What color wire goes to what? ):

I'm sorry guys.. I just don't understand any of this electrical ****
Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM

are you asking if you cut it or saying you did lol but the reason it will not turn off is because it is still gettign supplied power from the wire but has nothing to brake it up, so you can either wire the ground wire to something that has the power cut when he car is turned off of to a switch to brake the circut. Or atleast thats how i think it should go, mine were just plug and play :p
Old 07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

are you asking if you cut it or saying you did lol but the reason it will not turn off is because it is still gettign supplied power from the wire but has nothing to brake it up, so you can either wire the ground wire to something that has the power cut when he car is turned off of to a switch to brake the circut. Or atleast thats how i think it should go, mine were just plug and play :p
I DID cut it..
buut which one is the ground wire? Green or white?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM

yeah greg (dayhoff) is the guru with wiring and all things of that sort
but mine is just plugged into the obd2
when i turn the key to start my car it flashes to 2 red leds and then the screen says SS
i don't have to hit anything

when i turn my car off it stays on even after i close the door until i hit the lock button on the keyfob i noticed it the first time at night when i could still see the blue screen on and as soon as i locked the car and the passlock symbol came on the dash it turned off
Old 07-20-2011, 03:43 PM

that i dont know because i havent had to mess with it but im assuming the green, but you know what you get when you assume things so id wait and search to find out or maybe someone will post up in here
Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JacBlackSS/TC
yeah greg (dayhoff) is the guru with wiring and all things of that sort
but mine is just plugged into the obd2
when i turn the key to start my car it flashes to 2 red leds and then the screen says SS
i don't have to hit anything

when i turn my car off it stays on even after i close the door until i hit the lock button on the keyfob i noticed it the first time at night when i could still see the blue screen on and as soon as i locked the car and the passlock symbol came on the dash it turned off

My key fob doesn't work.. but I do lock my doors before I get out of the car.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tstonee
I cut it?.... /:

But now that I have it powered to the fuse box, it is to the 20A something something..

But whiiiich one is the ground?

What color wire goes to what? ):

I'm sorry guys.. I just don't understand any of this electrical ****
On the interceptor add on harness, you only use the middle wire (red?) tap into a remote line like horn. and remove the red jumper on the back of teh guage. Thats all there is to it.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07BoostedG5
On the interceptor add on harness, you only use the middle wire (red?) tap into a remote line like horn. Thats all there is to it.
I ran the red wire to the fuse box, should I run it to something else? but I mean the interceptor works.. it's just my car stays on for a couple seconds and that's what i'm trying to fix.. I emailed Aeroforce and they said to remove the red jumper in the back of it.. But i'm about to go work on it, so I won't be able to respond for a little but any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM

oh i don't know if you alarm still comes on without the keyfob or it may take longer to arm not sure but i would just go back and check all the wiring if you think its taking to long

Quick Reply: Car stays on w/o key after interceptor...