Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

finally got one

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally got one

So i couldnt get the one i wanted,(credit issues, as in i have no credit) so i had to settle for a base model, no extra's. But anyway i have a few questions that i hope someone can answer. First one being I am not leasing i am buying but i want to trade in after a year or so, i will have good credit by then, how does that work, Will they give me what i owe on it so i can get a new one or what, i want to trade in for the SS or at least one that is standard and the 1SB package. Last question is has anyone put in a cd player in there cobalt i went and had my system put in and the guy said he couldnt put in the head unit because they dont have a wiring harness for it yet and when it does come out it will be really expensive because the tire pressure and a bunch of other stuff goes through your radio. Not sure if he just wants me to spend the extra cash or if it is legit, he said the harness alone is $250.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well if the harness isn't avalible yet how could he quote you $250. That would be my first BS flag going off.

I think others have installed radios in their Cobalts.

Please check the audio and video area.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/

moving this post over there.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:02 PM

hmm I have a base cobalt and no problem getting a stereo in.

I been hearing that there are things being ran through the ractory stereo...... I haven't lost any controls or anything. maybe on different models this is the case but the base cobalt i have.... no problem, got the harness from crutchfield.com
Old 05-06-2005, 06:53 AM

thanks guys, the guy called some company and asked if he needed anything special to install my head unit and he said that there is nothing out to do it right now, he said when it does come out just the harness alone will be $250. I think he is full of it myself so i will look arond. Still have the question about trading in, if anyone can help me out with that one.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:09 AM

I been asked a hundred times if my driver information display was in my radio. And I told them no no no a hundred times.

Are there cobalts out there with the display in the radio? I got the base model my radio does nothing more then pick up am/fm signals and plays CD's

Plus, I got my aftermarket stereo installed just fine.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by giddings75
So i couldnt get the one i wanted,(credit issues, as in i have no credit) so i had to settle for a base model, no extra's. But anyway i have a few questions that i hope someone can answer. First one being I am not leasing i am buying but i want to trade in after a year or so, i will have good credit by then, how does that work, Will they give me what i owe on it so i can get a new one or what, i want to trade in for the SS or at least one that is standard and the 1SB package.
Dont plan on breaking even with a trade in after 1 year on any car unless you are over paying your payments....The only way you might be able to get away with it is to trade it in for less than you owe but make them make up the difference in discounts on the new car.